Installing apps on iPhone and iPod at the same time?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Mike_011972, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Mike_011972

Mike_011972 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Hello,
    I’m about to buy a new MP3 player and was thinking about buying an iPod touch. My question is can I install the apps I’ve bought for my iPhone onto it without having to re-buy them again (the apps are not registered / locked to the iPhone or any other protection on them)?
    Thanks for any help.

Mike.

2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
  3. Mike_011972

Dec 30, 2008
    Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply and your help. Looks like I'm buying an iPod touch then :)

All the best and a Happy New Year.

Mike Moore.
    www.badbumble.com

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

However, since you already have an iPhone, I would consider waiting for either an updated iPhone in June or an updated iPod Touch in September. Just an idea, but its whatever you want to do. I don't see any drastic changes on either one of them.

5. Mike_011972

Dec 30, 2008
    Hi brewstermax,
    I know that there's going to be another upgrade this year (always is), but I'm off to Canada for a month and it's going to be a long journey (8 hours flight, 8 hours waiting to catch the bus, followed by 16+ hours on the bus), so it would be nice to be able to watch a couple of movies during that time and been able to play the various apps I've bought for my iPhone is a added bonus.
    To be honest, I've just ordered a 32Gig touch from Amazon. Now I'm just trying to get the music off my old Zen Touch (which isn't going well).

All the best,

Mike Moore.
    www.badbumble.com

6. brewstermax

Alright. Just giving you a fair warning. I waited for 6 months from March of this year until September to get an iPod Touch. I wanted one, but wanted to wait, and did it pay off. I was the first in Kentucky (READ: first) to order an iPod Touch. Almost immediately after the keynote, I ordered it. I got a nice email and everything. But its your choice, but may I inquire to the reason for getting rid of the iPhone? From my own experience the battery wont last half that time.

7. Mike_011972

Dec 30, 2008
    Hello,
    I'm not getting rid of the iPhone, not at all. I really like it. I'm not much of a MAC lover to be honest (got a MAC so I can develop for the iPhone, but that's the only reason I wanted a MAC), but I really, really like the iPhone and the app store is great. The fact that you can just select an app via your phone and down load it is a really big selling point and the ability to develop software for it was also a real master stroke by Apple.
    The iPod is really just an extra little toy for myself and I don't want to take the iPhone aboard with me as I've been told that I'll get charged when / if people ring me while I'm away. This way, I get almost all the functionality of the iPhone, from the iPod and I don't get hammered on the phone calls. It's also another way around the 9 page limit of apps on the iPhone =) I also really need a new MP3 player as I've just screwed up the firmware on my old Creative Zen.

Cheers,
    Mike Moore
    www.badbumble.com

8. brewstermax

You could just turn on Airplane Mode, you know that would prevent any charges.. I expect some sort of fix for the 9 pages, and you could jailbreak the iPhone to get more pages/categories. But its your decision, do as you like.