Installed Game Icons?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Six3, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Six3

Six3 Member

Hello, I am new here and figured some of you here go through so many games like myself (installing and uninstalling) some of you might have run into this and could shed some light on a problem I've been seeing. It dosen't happen all the time and it dosen't only happen with my iPhone but with my girlfriends iPhone too. (We are both running 3.0, mine is a 3gs hers is a 3g)

When I uninstall a game from my device through iTunes and later re-install a different new game through iTunes, after I reboot my device sometimes the new game has the icon of the recently uninstalled game no longer on the device. The game works fine but is none the less frustrating.

I was wondering if this is a known issue and if their is a work around to this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    This is a known 3.0 bug that Apple is aware of. Apple will address it in the 3.1 update coming within days. You'll have to uninstall (sync) reinstall to fix this issue. Anyone else want to add to this?

3. Six3

Six3 Member

Ok thats what I thought, I never remembered if it happened before 3.0 or not... And didn't see anything on the web about a fix. Thanks.

4. Six3

Six3 Member

Btw, any idea of what else has been speculated in 3.1 update?

5. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    1. Video editing on iPhone 3GS wont overwrite the clip over the original when you are editing a clip.
    2. iPhone vibrates when moving icons
    3. “Fraud Protection” toggle has been added to settings under Safari.
    4. iPhone boot time is now faster.
    5. Voice Control now works over Bluetooth.
    6. New APIs to enable third party apps to access videos and edit them.
    7. Updated AT&T profile to 4.2
    8. Updated modem firmware to 5.08.01
    9. Improvements to OpenGL and Quartz.

6. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I hope 3.1 makes my WiFi and GPS work again. Both are completely useless for me since 3.0, and poking around in Apple's boards shows me I'm not alone in either problem.

Maybe the "modem firmware" is relevant. Someone on the Apple boards downgraded from 3.0 back to 2.2 and the GPS was still miles off--then he checked and verified that the OS had downgraded but the firmware had not.

As for the WiFi, who knows. I'd love to be able to buy/update apps over 10MB on my phone again--and watch high-quality YouTube again.