Universal INSIDE (by Playdead)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 12, 2017.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Just upgraded to 11 so I could play this, and I’ve only given it a quick couple of minutes, but is it meant to have kind of a fuzzy look to it? Not lo res as such just a bit, well fuzzy!

I’m on the Air 2.

Thanks

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Weird on iPhone X is perfect.

I just checked on iPad Air curious about this fuzziness...just to discover it’s incompatible with my device but....

The ‘incompatible device’ animation that follows is HILARIOUS.

3. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    It could just be the aesthetic, I looked on YouTube at some videos of what I’m guessing is a PS4 version and it’s definitely lower res though.

Off topic does anyone know why, now I’m accessing toucharcade through the webpage I have to login every time I close the page and go back in? Despite clicking the remember me button....

4. tourneur

tourneur New Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Amsterdam
    #24 tourneur, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Judging by the console versions it's definitely not supposed to look this fuzzy. Not buying it until that gets solved.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Loving this so far. Basic gameplay but just a very polished game

6. chrisoshea

chrisoshea Active Member

I came on here as couldn't find any mention on twitter, yeah I find it super blurry/fuzzy too. I wonder if they are downsizing the resolution and scaling it up. I've tried it on latest iPhone/iPad and Apple TV.

Apple TV the screenshots on the App Store look super crisp, but once you play the game its fuzzy. I guess hardware limitations.

I've been waiting to play this game for ages as don't have a PS4 and I'm on Mac (its Windows only on Steam), I don't really want to play like this as this resolution, so sadly will wait a bit longer.

By the way, if you tap top left (or apple tv menu button) you get the pause button. You can see that when the image is smaller (you get a timeline you can scrub through), the image is crystal clear, once it switches from letterboxed image to full screen, you get those blurry edges.

7. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah I’m really disappointed, I upgraded to 11 just for this but I don’t want to play it in this resolution either. It runs smoothly enough, it’s just not crisp. Hopefully it’ll get fixed otherwise I don’t think I’ll be buying.

I wonder which devices it’s an issue on?

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Is the game being blurry not an intentional thing with its art style? I feel like when I played it on my PC it had bloom effects out the butt and looked really similar?

9. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Well I did compare it to videos on YouTube and it was distinctly lower res (to my eyes anyway!) - but you’re right, even the YouTube vids had a blurry effect going on but less so than I’m seeing on the iPad. I’ve played a bit more and I think I can probably live with it, there’s a great atmosphere going on.

10. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah it's lower rez but it still kept the same fluid animation and atmosphere. They are probably playing it safe for now. Hopefully an update sharpens it up. Such an amazing game, I'm happy to see it go out to the masses.

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Downloaded the game.
    Opened the game and it says not compatible with my device even though AppStore says it is .
    Not sure what happened here

12. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #32 Snooptalian, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    For whatever reason the AppStore does list devices that aren’t compatible. The description for the app says however that it requires an iPhone 6s and up or an iPad Air 2 and up. Happened to me too. Won’t play on my 6+...

13. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    It is overpriced.

14. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Update your phone to the X and the game will work. It is a in-store upgrade only...which is weird because you can do the software update from anywhere really. Also strange how the update changes the appearance of the phone. (My old case doesn't fit)

15. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Lol...

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Doesnt let me play on my ipad Air.

Slap-in-the-face way to tell me my device is too old now.

17. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Indeed. Works! My only complaint (what everyone and his grandmother just party like crazy) is the strange thing in the upper center.

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just completed the game (longer than I expected too, almost 6 hours).

Simply a masterpiece.
    Ending is crazy cubed, still digesting it.
    Wondering if there is a secret one as in Limbo, probably yes.
    Probably it will take me weeks.

Btw, it puts to shame Limbo (one of my favorite game ever) and goes directly on my GOTY list.

If you like the genre, just play it.
    It’s amazing from start to finish.
    Ending is unbelievable.

19. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    #39 brerlappin, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    I reached out to Playdead, and they said devices with 1GB won’t work. Inside needs 2GB or higher despite the CPU & GPU of the device.

That’s why it’ll work on Apple TV (4th gen) and not iPhone 6, which both have A8 processors.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Where's the damn like button?

(PS: Yes, there's a secret ending.)