iPad Insane price increases tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pablo19, Nov 30, 2008.

1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I would say that 50% of apps have had "limited time thanksgiving blackfriday sale" so tomorrow all those great little deals will be gone....or will they???
    Look at flick fishing for example, it's been on "special introductory price" since its release (11/06/2008 ) Spore was had a limited lime 7.99 sale, and now it is at 5.99 . Same thing with pac-man and Ms pac-man. Vegas pool sharks has been on a limited time offer for 20 days now

How long does a limited time offer really last (hopefully really long)???

2. daniglue

daniglue Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008

Obviously, the "limited time" price is a marketing solution.
    It doesn't mean anything.

90% of the application will be "limited time" discounted forever.

3. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    So do you think Thanksgiving/black firday sales will last this week( at least)?

4. Talee

Talee Member

Nov 29, 2008
    We're going to keep our apps at a discounted price for a little while because it's coming up to Christmas and we need to take into account current economics. I would expect many smaller devs will be doing the same.

5. bhearn

bhearn Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Subway Shuffle will be going back to $2.99 on Wednesday, as advertised. 1 week = 1 week.

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    That's probably one of the first times I've head a developer stick to a sale that strictly. Not saying it's bad or anything. Also, I remember how scoops only went on sale for free for a few hours, that was probably the shortest sale I had seen. I'm still wondering if touchgrind will go up in price or not, making me wonder if I should just pick it up now.

7. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I actually thing touchgrind will stay that price I can't see anybody buying it for 7.99

8. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    Thats what I was thinking. And if it does go up in price, the developer lost 1 customer until it goes back to a reasonable price

9. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Scoops was actually free for almost 2 whole days.

10. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    Really? I remember seeing it on appshopper one afternoon saying it just dropped it's price, and then the next day I told my friend to get it while it's free and he said it had gone back up in price. Maybe it was an error on my part? Who knows

11. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Well app updates aren't propagated everywhere instantly and I'm sure App Shopper doesn't scrape the entire app store every hour. It did get almost 60,000 downloads however long it was available for free.

12. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Quite a bit of the sales lasted all week, while some ended right on Saturday morning. The price increases won't be all at once, they are sort of spread out over the week, thankfully :)