iPad Inotia: A Wanderer of Luone

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 5, 2009.

1. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    For me it's the best RPG on the iPhone:

Diablo style loot with modifiers
    Loot displays on your avatar
    More "mature" graphics style than Zenonia and others
    Story is not invasve, no loooooong conversations to skip
    WoW style quest traking

If I could add 2 things it would be:

Town Portal system of some kind or fast travel
    A Random / Endless dungeon for characters who have completed the MQ, or a new game+

2. cclv

cclv Active Member

May 31, 2010
    Cool icon & logo, I like it!

3. J-Dog

J-Dog Active Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Once you finish the game Sage Garnel will give you a Teleport Stone in every town so you can teleport to other towns

4. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    It's so sad that this is what people have come to define a good RPG to be. All of these things you could find in an action game too. Traditional RPGs were defined by ROLE PLAYING - story, quest and character development choices, interactions with NPCs, etc.

I got up to about level 30 or so in this game and haven't played since. I got tired of running all over the place to try to find quest goals and return the results. The story was not engaging - too many side quests that washed out the impact of the main quests (not to mention it was sometimes hard to tell which was which). And then there's the problem that when I bought a new iphone, the game save didn't transfer.

Besides, now I've got Rimelands - a much better RPG. Even Shining Force is better than Inotia.

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I wouldn't say that this is a bad game by any means, and is actually a pretty good game overall, but as you're saying, I miss the real RPG's, like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy games (possibly excluding XIII, I'm not sure), Lost Odyssey, etc. There have been some on the iPhone that fit that description of an RPG perfectly (unfortauntely, TNA Wrestling, the one I was thinking of, was pulled for contract reasons).

6. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    #2166 Artfoundry, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    Inotia 2 is not a bad game exactly - it's got potential, but that potential I think is lost amongst all the problems I listed.
    Of course, the game is WAY better than Inotia 1...

What I'd really like to see is Baldur's Gate on iPhone. That would rock my world. Even Diablo 1 on iphone would be very cool, though I don't consider that a traditional RPG - it's an action RPG (albeit an awesome one).

7. J-Dog

J-Dog Active Member

Aug 27, 2010
    I'm able to help you :D

Hello, If you need any help/info or anything else about Inotia 2: Wanderer of Loune, please don't hesitate to comment on my profile and ill get back to you asap

J-Dog:cool:

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    +1 definitely.

9. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I agree with Art as well, I'm only about level 19 I think, and I'm at the part of the story where I got to the dwarves city, and the amount of side quests/lack of description for some of the quests is downright distracting/frustrating.

10. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    yea i think inotia is overrated somehow.

i feel the quest are bored, and those roots are too random.
    I got like only 3 magician item, and i am a darn magician too.
    and so i am controling 2 magician for my team, with one paladin that was given from quest:mad: i feel so numb that i got to around 30 lv and i still using these team members. this game also get hard pretty fast in a sudden:(

11. kralle777

kralle777 Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Germany
    #2171 kralle777, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
    I got the new iPod Touch 4G and restored my new iPod from my backup from my 2G and now it says the version of the application has been detected as unofficial and I can't access my savefile :mad:

Edit: Oh, wrong thread. I wanted to write it in the Inotia 2 Thread.

12. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Oh, so you have the sole right to define a good RPG?

Did you miss my first two words? (hint: FOR ME), Should I have said ARPG?

I liked Inotia 2 a great deal, cry more about how "sad" that is.

13. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    I know you were giving your opinion on how the game is for you. But it's not always just about you. As I stated, I said it was sad that this is how PEOPLE define RPGs now - as in many people, players and developers alike. The problem with that is that now RPGs are largely developed to be action games rather than traditional RP games because so many people seem to prefer this style (btw, I do like ARPGs - Diablo 1 was a great game - it's just that I prefer traditional RPGs). I think Inotia2 tried in some regards to use some traditional elements, but I don't think the devs did a very good job with the game. With some good polish, the game could be a lot more fun.

14. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Feel like this game?

There's contest going on our Inotia fan page. Check it out if you feel like winning an Inotia 2 promo code http://bit.ly/dmULss :)

15. Shush

Shush Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    ...:confused:

What are you people talking about?

You can't dislike a game because it takes a certain style, the simple fact is that you just didn't like the game and if you're trying to attribute disliking a game because of its style then clearly its not that it was a bad game that needed more polish, it was just a game that you didn't like. You didn't say you disliked it but I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "with some good polish, the game could be a lot more fun". You could use that line with every single game ever released and it still wouldn't mean or change anything. Too many "Gamers" on this website seem to believe they have a higher knowledge of the games industry then they actually do.

An Action RPG is Fable or The Elder Scrolls series. An ARPG is NOT Inotia or Diablo, Diablo is a RPG Dungeon Crawler and believe it or not Inotia is a lot more "traditional" then you realise, comparing it to PC RPGs from 2000, or the 90's and even today they follow the same gameplay mechanics but they are hidden under the ball-tightening amazing graphics of todays high end gaming systems. Many RPGs changed just to suit the console generation of gamer and people are forgetting that the PC is the real home to some of the best RPGs. And of course there are Japanese RPGs... but thats LOOOOOONG and I think I have already explained my point here. :rolleyes:

16. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    It's now v.1.1.6.

A version up! Bugs that occurred on iOS4.1 are fixed now. Click here to update

17. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    and yet, I still can't retrieve my character from the server (since I upgraded to the iphone 4)...
    fail

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Same here when I switched to the iTouch 4G. :(

19. Joshua

Joshua New Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Ive found it in perone so it must be in a random city try elf and dwarf village or even garden or the knight of light sanctum

20. dahumperdink

dahumperdink New Member

Nov 28, 2010
    West of dueron or watever tht city is called ull find the cave bottom left he's pretty hard advise warrior magician priest combo summon ur tanker dude than keep healing with priest should do the trick