Universal Injustice: Gods Among Us (by Warner Bros)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 3, 2013.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Not going to lie: this is a promo game done right. Genuinely interested in getting the console game in two weeks. Probably the most interesting fighter in quite a while.

2. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I agree, and I don't even like fighting games. Last time a played a fighting game on console was tekken 3 on Ps1! I plan on getting the console version of this game when it comes out. This one just seems like fun!

3. chaotixzero

chaotixzero Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Can anyone tell me if it lags on 4th gen itouch?

4. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    My friend can't even get it to start.

5. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    The lastest Mortal Kombat game was a total blast, Netherrealm really knows how to pull off a great fighting game, so I believe Injustice will be a blast too!

6. metalmandave83

metalmandave83 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Agreed. NetherRealm is awesome!

7. bstanley52

bstanley52 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm a little frustrated. I've made it to the second group/page of battles and I haven't received a character card in several complete battles (you generally get some card/thing after beating a level/battle the first time). Just getting energy recharge cards... useful, yet not really what I'm hoping for. Anyone else finding this changes at higher levels?

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    So this is actually worth the download and space?

9. Conman123321

Conman123321 Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Same here Im on the second page of fights and Ive beaten Sintro ot however you spell it and still no new cards for winning since the first 2 fights

10. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I believe the cards you receive are totally random - so keep playing. Eventually you will get more character cards.

11. metalmandave83

Jan 26, 2013
    A word of advice:

DO NOT EXIT THE GAME WITH AN EMPTY TEAM!!!

I did that and now the game crashes everytime I try to initiate a stage. I am stuck waiting for an update now :(

I sent an email. Hopefully this gets fixed (along with icloud sync) soon.

12. bstanley52

bstanley52 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Do you mean: when you are supposed to get character cards the character you get is random?

OR

whether you get character cards at all is random?

Early in the game it felt like 50-50 to get a character. Now I haven't gotten one since the first match of the second group/page (maybe earlier). That is 6 battles. Pretty low probability if its random.

13. metalmandave83

Jan 26, 2013
    You should get one bronze character per page of battles.

14. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Hello all. I like this game, but don't know why :) Yes, figths are very simple, but later when stronger oponents appear they are quite hard.
    I started game with Nightwing, Flash and Sinestro. After completing tutorial or first mission I got Catwoman. I bought two bronze packs and one silver. In silver one was Green Lantern which is quite powerful. Catwoman had powerfull attacks as well. I thought Nightwing sucks, but after unlocking second ability his is one of my favourite.

Attached Files:

15. metalmandave83

Jan 26, 2013
    Nightwing is one of my favorites too.

His staff move is brutal. I've taken out opponents back to back while doing that move.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bane (gold) does that too. And being gold, he does it much better. :)

17. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    "Obtain any Batman character card"

What exactly does this mean?

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Don't really know why or what it is about it, but find this game very enjoyable and extremely addictive.
    It may be shallow and storyless on its own, but it really is quite a lot of fun.

Has the potential to get repetitive if I'm fully honest, but it definitely has a difficulty curve and an element of tailoring of characters to match ups that certainly maintains interest very well.

Plus it makes me want to buy the console one when it comes out so as a companion/promo app, I have to congratulate them on a fantastically well implemented product.

Great for short bursts but equally enjoyable for long stints with enough of cards.

A genuinely pleasant surprise. Well worth supporting.

19. KakitaMike

KakitaMike Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 27, 2010
    Ohio
    Can anyone tell me how to use upgrades? I've unlocked two, but I can't figure out how to use them. I Thought they might be applied automatically, but they aren't.

20. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Gosh, I've been spending my money wrong. My Flash has both of his basic skills maxed and he's a beast, but no packs yet :p