Universal Injustice: Gods Among Us (by Warner Bros)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 3, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I started with night wing, sinestro and Harley,
    Then I unlocked green lantern somehow and cat women for signing up with Warner bros.

2. metalmandave83

metalmandave83 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    From what I read, the developers worked with the various writers of DC comics to create this game's story, which is explained in the campaign mode of the console game. The games take place in an alternate universe.

3. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    The Flash (Regime) is extremely strong. Batman (insurgency) is really strong. Love the game so far :D

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    The Lex Luther quote is the very thesis of the games premise. This is not earth prime, this is an alternate earth in which theses characters don't fall into their hero or villain role as they would in their prime earth roles. In this world, Superman establishes a new world order after the Joker destroys Metropolis and tricks the Man of Steel into killing Lois Lane and their unborn child. A battle ensues between the forces of Superman's regime and those allied with Batman's insurgency.

Much like Marvel, DC is known for having many alternate universes, and this is just a new one created to tell a unique story. In the main console games story mode it is explained how these characters can go toe to toe, much like they did with the other MK vs DC game...

5. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Well my main 3 are Flash, Sinestro and Nightwing. As they were my starters :p Nightwing sucks but he's good for clearing enemies of their Power bar. Flash is my Heavy Hitter and Sinestro acts as back up. No problems so far. I got the same Card for Flash and it allowed me to turn my Flash into elite :D

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Buy boosters instead of characters, as that will give you a chance to get more unique variants of the characters. I have a Bane that looks more luchador-like than a lab experiment. :)

I dont see any other way to gain these characters other than boosters. On the downside, theyre random though... but that gives you a way to level up characters by promotion (merging same name cards like Sambobsung's in his above post), to a max of Elite Lv5.

Buying the Bronze boosters also seem to be the cheapest way to gain an army so that you can swap em out if you main team gets tired and you're still up for some more superhero battle.

7. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I think Flash is my favourite character at the moment. His Power 2 attack absolutely wrecks. I've been spending most of my cash just upgrading his and Sinestros skills :p

8. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    Thanks for the heads up about the Elite-thingy, gents, I assumed they'd go Elite automatically, like when hitting level 20 or something like that, lol. Hadn't noticed since I've been saving up coins for silver boosters and haven't got the same character twice.

9. metalmandave83

metalmandave83 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks for the tips guys. So far I've only bought the starter pack. The Insurgency Harley Quinn is nice. I also got a silver Green Arrow which I wanted bad. I got a silver Solomon Grundy which sucks, I can't stand to play him.

I really want a Batman or Joker card. I'm debating whether to just buy him or test my luck.

I really wish the energy recharged faster.. I've been playing this every chance I have since I got it.

10. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    got green lantern, flash and lex for my starter.

than got night wing and cat woman for clearing first 2 stages.

should i save up for the $8,000 pack?

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yes. I suggest doing that. If you get a different character, you should have 6 characters to juggle to counter timers a bit. If you get another one the same as your existing ones, you can use it to promote and power up that character.

12. wakaranai

wakaranai Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    What does promotion actually change? I haven't messed around with it long enough to figure it out.

I saved up for a 75k gold pack by grinding early levels, and got a gold bane. I think with the way boss battles are set up, saving up for one gold may work out pretty well!

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Promotion increases base health and attack. Promotion is the one that changes your character to Elite, up to Elite Lv5.

14. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    #94 Pham, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    Yeah, buy packs for starters. At higher levels, begin considering investing in upgrades towards your higher-leveled characters.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    er... 8000 pack is the BRONZE pack.

16. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    Oh jeez. I must have been sleeping, haha! Sorry! Thanks for the correction.

17. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    What's the point of the cards? Why not just have the characters?

18. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    I bought the starter pack...im sure it said that you get three characters but all i got was Harley Quinn. Can anyone confirm that i should have got three?

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #99 Brrobotix, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    I tried to buy the pack. after I entered my password and confirmed the purchase I got a transaction complete message, then the app was unresponsive so I quit to home screen and restarted the app. When I reopened it I had silver harley with no option to buy the starter pack. I'm not sure if it charged me, but I still wanted the two silver characters. I emailed WB games about it.

Also does anyone know how strong a fully promoted (elite lv V) bronze character is in comparison to a silver character at the same level. I have a nightwing that's been promoted twice and I'm wondering if I should bother continuing to train him after I get silver characters.

20. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Real nice looking game but does the combat get any deeper? right now it feels way too simple and the pauses between attacking and blocking are way too long to try and poke and guard.