Universal Injustice: Gods Among Us (by Warner Bros)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Yes it's seems suspicious that premature five stars!
    Please let us know the installed size and the gameplay satisfaction:) thank you

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Yowza... Gonna have think if it's worth it.

3. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Okay ill be the one stating the obvious that should be on everyones lips:

How the f•ck can anyone beat superman by kicking/hitting/throwing him, question-mark!

Like... How in Gods name does the mere mortal bruce wayne stand a chance up against the man of steel?

How does the superman character actually react when he gets kicked? Does he say "uuuuaaaahhh" and gets pushed back and moves his face backwards like the rest of the maggots?!?!?

Makes sense. NOT!

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Maybe all of them are conveniently carrying kryptonite with them? :D

5. ZebraHouse

ZebraHouse Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    South Tyrol/Italy
    #25 ZebraHouse, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  6. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Not too sure but I think the game takes place in a different dimension where they are all a little more vulnerable. Not 100% on this though.

Iv'e had a couple battles but I need to do some work now :(
    It seems like it has a few layers of strategy to be uncovered but this is no real fighter. You are unable to manage the distance between the characters and input is limited.
    I'll probably play a bit more as there seems like there is some fun progression (leveling up characters and unlocking others).
    Graphics are pretty good and the specials are impressive. If you have the room then you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. If you are a DC fan then there is alot to like here.
    I'll have another crack later

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    This is just a "button" smashing game. Way worse than that Batman game IMO.

8. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
  9. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Not by brute force no :p

10. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    As above - Can we have no more Infinty Blade clones? Getting a little over this. How hard would it be to create a little pixelated hand crafted movie tie in... Similar to the game by Paul Veer for Hunger Games..

I don't care for AAA graphics and terrible gameplay...

planck

11. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    #31 Sambobsung, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    Well one is titled to their opinion. I think the Infinity Blade controls suit touch screen well to a certain extent. I myself would like more control and what not, but you can't have everything. If only this could finish downloading D:

12. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    #32 Dirty Harry Hannahan, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    This is a good game. Very polished and fun for an iOS fighting game.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's good, but i see an energy system, required for battling.

It has a bit of Charcter Development to it, and the battles are decent. I have never ever used block effectively yet though.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Heh. Tech demo.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... Could be.

It actually feels like a pokemon game to me. Battle... get new character... Level him up, rinse repeat.

16. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    This isn't a fighting game? I guess 'Free' is on a finger pointing to the console version then.

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    But here you buy the pokemons (take a look at the prices in the in-game shop). I completed 3 levels before deleting the game and giving it 1 star in iTunes and a long review. EVERY battle was the same. I mean, attack, block, keep blocking, enemy's attack blocked, rinse repeat. And then some specials. I'm sure that high levels will only throw enemies with high attack, speed and such at you, but with the same AI over and over again, because with this "tap/double tap" mechanics creating a smart AI is impossible, unless it reads your inputs instead of random actions.
    I think that the only IB-like games I enjoyed were IB and IB2. Their gameplay was deep enough to keep playing even after finishing the game for the first time.

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I hate it but I have to agree. There are tons of characters, but each one only has two combos each, plus special moves completed by filling up the meter. And the first few of these, with the exception of cat woman's, have involved building power by screen mashing, which I hate, especially since these are used a lot. Seems like there are a ton of characters to unlock, as well as upgrades for the characters, but when the gameplays so one dimensional I don't know if there's really a point. Except to unlock level 3 supers. Soooo cool.

19. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I've played this a bit more and agree with you and the others here. This is bogus. I thought more moves and variation would open up but there is nudda. If this is the level of gamepaly we are to expect from the new WB studio then they wont be getting too much critical success:(

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... pretty much sums it.