Universal Injustice 2 (By Warner Bros)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 9, 2017.

1. Mekklesack

Mekklesack Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Game looks like crap on my iPhone SE, this wouldn't be an issue if it didn't perform a little better on the iPad 2017 which are literally the exact same tech specs. Everything on the iPhone is low res, and a large portion of the effects are off, the iPad version runs at a chunky frame rate, a lot of effects are there but it's all low res, both versions need device detection and/or an optimization fix, ASAP. Good thing it's only been about a day or so since launch, but it didn't perform this badly in all those lets plays on YouTube, so something is up. Come on Netherrealm, get your head in the game, Transformers: Forged to Fight runs perfectly (and near perfect on the same iPad), it's hi res, and the screen is filled with effects, so there's no excuse for what's on display here.

2. Luuthian

Luuthian Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    #42 Luuthian, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    So the PvP is broken mess. So far as I can tell the PvP isn't real time. AI feels rubber band. The moment you have them down to one character left the AI goes blitzkrieg on you. And because you've been utterly handing it to the AI up to that point, they've got a full special meter that they'all blow you away with.

I'd say this is a one off or a skill issue but it's not. I've been through multiple matches and the outcome is always the same regardless of opponent. Oh, and the matching system matched my level 5 characters against level 15's at one point.

Plus there's the new energy system... There's a lot to fix here. A lot. I can't be bothered if the game remains like this.

3. chfuji

chfuji Member

May 12, 2017
    I'm a little bummed that they got rid of one of the coolest features from the soft-launch build which is also the marquee feature of the game: equipped gear actually changes your appearance! I'm hoping that it gets added back in since it was cool to have your character be a visual record of what you've collected (even their portrait would change!)

4. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    The more I play the clunkier the controls feel. Interface also seems laggy and my phone gets hot.

5. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    After getting like seven or eight heroes and opening two gem chests and only getting shards (which is never stated, I assumed it was possible but it says it only gives heroes, not 1/10th of heroes), I think I'm done with the game. PvP isn't fun, power levels in campaign jump ridiculously between battles, gear doesn't change appearance which I was really looking forward to, the energy system is hot garbage, and currency is just really slow to get.

Also $45 for a character pack? Don't advertise that constantly on my phone like it's 1% of a good deal.

6. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    These types of games depend on WHALES to support the game.

Kids with 5k credit card limits using their mummies/daddies credit cards

But no one is going to support the game with so much rubber banding... and messy controls... and non-reactive combo styles LOL

This game is a hot mess

Such a big differnece playing this game compared to SKULL GIRLS. A much better IOS fighting game

7. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    So,I went into this game expecting something great and now I am more than unhappy.There is lag even in the main menu which feels kind of rushed.The performance while in combat is also horrible,half of the time I feel like swipes and taps aren't registered and you can see FPS drops quite a lot and totally ruins the experience for me.The huge difference in power over the main campaign in different battles is horrifying.I am still at the first chapter trying to beat the last boss Batman and I have so much leveling up to do in order to get to the needed power level.The operations missions are good way to get XP and some credits but I just don't get the system completely because I got a gear item the very first mission I did while also having 0% chance to get gear?!While on the other hand I played the Harley Quinn boss battle 20 times to get a single gear item.
    Also-getting gear items doesn't change the appearance of the characters?When did this change?I remember seeing soft launch videos that had that and now it is gone,for what purpose?!I also feel like the game doesn't explain everything in needs to to newcomers meaning the tutorial is lackluster.
    The PVP part is pointless since it's just AI and you aren't actually fighting anyone in real time.Nothing new as features on that part,so I played like 2-3 matches and haven't touched it since,I also feel rewards are bad.I was hoping I could get at least 10-20 red shards or whatever those are to get gear items from the arena store but no-you get 20 at the end of a week which is a long time(that is for the first league).
    Everything about the game is bad,the only good thing I can think of is that you can play some of the game's actual story and see the cutscenes.

8. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Yep and for some reason FPS is worse in fake PvP mode and there is constant lag (even though there is no other player).

9. Mekklesack

Sep 4, 2012
    Damn! That would have been cool, the wait for full gear characters has been excruciating.

10. Mekklesack

Sep 4, 2012
    The main problem is that the game isn't even optimized (in some cases apparently, not even for current gen iDevices). How can they attract whales if they can even do things that other fighters on mobile already do from the start? That being, looking pretty.

It was hi-res and gorgeous in those lets plays. What happened?

11. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Gear does change your appearance and the portrait; you just have to have a full set of gear first. I've seen it mentioned above that it was taken out, it's still in there.

I think depending on the device the graphics scale. The game looks great on the iPhone 7 Plus, has all of the textures, lighting an effects. The fighting mechanics are not as smooth as Marvel Contest of Champions though and that's a shame.

They don't really explain the fighting mechanics, but I found that you can actually break the AI's combo if you time it. While blocking, you can attack in a brief window after their second hit and you'll counter and do bonus damage. One time I managed to break the combo and stun them but I have no idea how I did that.

12. chfuji

chfuji Member

May 12, 2017
    You're right and I spoke too soon. I just tested this with the starting Harley and toggled her goggles (that sounds dirty). So changes will not reflect until you've collected a full set, but then once you've done that you can, for whatever reason, take off or leave on individual pieces.

13. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Anyone know what the notifications do? I allowed them but don't receive any?

14. Mekklesack

Sep 4, 2012
    #54 Mekklesack, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    I like the fighting mechanics in Injustice 2 mobile, they feel a bit stiff at first because it takes its cues from more traditional 2D fighting games while MCoC, and Transformers: Forged to Fight owe their play style to the likes of Tekken and Soul Calibur which are inherently more fluid. You could press almost any button in Tekken/Soul Calibur and do what you intended to do, it's deeper than that but it's miles away from the digital feel of say something like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat.

Edit: That being said, it's reprehensible and irresponsible to have a high profile game such as Injustice 2 looking as bad as it does on devices just one notch below the highest tier device on the market. I call shenanigans, I don't know why it is like that, but it feels like bullshit. The game is finished, it just isn't properly optimized or detecting devices properly. I spent full price on the Harley, and I have a sinking feeling this is as good as it's going to get. Which is whatever' since, as always, by the time I and anyone else gets around to another device, something better will come along, which is exactly how MCoC happened.... now we have movement in Injustice 2...

I feel rooked.

Maybe I should call the Better Business Bureau and get a refund. The entire property is US made, so it shouldn't be that hard. #

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Challenges are up!

16. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Opened up some hero chests and this is what happened

17. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Dupe city and a bunch of one stars.. not too promising..

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I have received 3 star gold characters a few times actually.

19. Bryan27

Bryan27 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2016
  20. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    As someone 2 days into the game-I am not actually playing it anymore.The difference in power between each battle section has gotten to a ridiculous level and you need to level up each of your main character at least a couple of levels up in order to proceed.Right now I am not actually playing at all-just leaving my characters to do side missions in order to get large doses of EXP and advance in level.Right now the highest mission I have unlocked takes my hero around 3 hours to complete and I can't use him in that time.This game is worse than Clash of Clans in terms of balancing and inactivity.At this point in time I can't even call it game cause I spend less than 2 minutes actually playing,it is more of a management application.