Universal Injustice 2 (By Warner Bros)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 9, 2017.

1. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Awesome Awesome Awesome. That is all I can say about this game. The gameplay, the cinematics, everything.

2. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Skullgirls is great. If IJ2's controls and aesthetics were half as polished as the iOS version of Skullgirls I think I could at least enjoy it for its theme.

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #23 ramzarules, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Skullgirls is great*2. Their premium currency is on the low side(think CoC) but the fighting is so smooth and enjoyable

PS i just watched the latest Gotham ep. and now i realise why they gave us Catwoman at IJ2 launch. God i love that show.

4. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I played the soft launch since day one and one thing that bothered me was how fast it made my phone heat up and it got pretty hot; enough to concern me and turn the phone off to cool down. iPhone 7 Plus.

The global launch version was fine yesterday upon initial download, but then I played a bit later and it's ramping up the heat again.

I really want to like this game but until it's optimized I can only play enough to send some guys out on operations, do a few heroics for shards, and shut it down. Hopefully they get it fixed.

5. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Anyone know what the notifications which we allowed are for?

I send people on operations but don't get any notifications telling me they are back when I am not using the app..

6. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    I enjoyed last game as well as MK but this feels rather laggy. Controls just dont feel as responsive.

7. Peterwilc

Peterwilc Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Hmmm just used gems to buy a chest to get a new hero and got batman again. What a waste

8. ObsidianBlood

ObsidianBlood Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    #28 ObsidianBlood, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    So I just watched the "everything you need to know" trailer and in the Mobile section it does say you can earn gear for the console version by "completing the right challenges".....

Also, this game is a buggy mess, every time i do an arena battle, upon completion when the game tries to load back to the menu it crashes.
    Likes to random crash in the middle of fights too.
    Plus the game just destroys your battery.

9. daud

daud Active Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Funny enough, online-only game is already full of hachers. Never seen anything like this. Played since first day of soft-launch, but Injustice 2 becomes worse with every update. I really enjoyed it and wanted to continue playing, but things got ruined for me.

10. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Crashes crashes crashes crashes oh my goodness the crashes. The first two times I did Story mode the game crashed after both cinematics. The game crashes when I try to play campaign levels, the game crashes when I try to play Arena, the game crashes and burns my phone to the touch. It's like I'm holding a hand heater.

Oy.

Other than that, very few differences from the first game in terms of combat and gameplay - other than the story mode, which seems more added in for the benefit of people who don't own the console version but want to see the cinematics.

Unlike the console version however, there isn't any flashy fighting in Story mode - it's just the basic tap tap punch punch gameplay of the campaign. The campaign mode lets you win items and such for the heroes but it's very gatcha - I spent something like 20-30 energy replaying one level to try and get Harley's pistols and they never dropped and then I did a level which wasn't supposed to drop her pistols and they dropped. Very RNG.

I got utterly destroyed in my first Arena match. I'll keep working at it. I'm guessing there is finesse in it and some strategy in the team you use, although like other new players I have the basic outfit of Batman, Harley, and Wonder Woman, with a very underpowered Catwoman running Operations.

11. Opiate

Opiate Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Real time multiplayer

I actually am liking the game a lot but one thing that I was really hoping for was real time pvp ... any fighting games out there that offer that? I'm always coming across games like this but fighting other people's characters instead of actually them completely ruin it for me.

12. ObsidianBlood

Apr 10, 2013
    So does "story" mode actually spoil the story of the console release?
    Haven't touched it yet cause I don't want spoilers....

13. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Yeah it actually has cinematics from the console version. Don't touch story mode yet.

14. ObsidianBlood

Apr 10, 2013
    Well that's just silly. Thanks for letting me know!

15. waxthirteen

waxthirteen Active Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Just crashes for me on startup now. Gets to the intro movie and just crashes out. Anyone else?

16. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    If you played the first game's campaign, or read the tie-in comics, the first chapter won't tell you anything you don't already know. In that sense, it doesn't spoil plot points so much as develop them. Though of course, if you want to play the console version completely fresh, you'd better wait till then to play the Story Mode.

17. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    No crashes on my iPhone 7 but the notifications don't work, I'm guessing we should get notified when a hero returns from completing an Operation? I haven't had any notifications come through at all for this game..

18. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    i thought it just a bunch of story trailer can be found all on youtube before the game release :D (i played the first round and skipped all the cinematic lol :D ) Isn't it a dream come true when i can enjoy the story without an ps4 ? lol

19. Mekklesack

Mekklesack Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Okay, so it's not just me. It looks like Doomsday from BvS on mine, that is to say it looks like sh*t. Maybe it's not properly detecting devices or it's a glitch with the power saving mode.

20. Mekklesack

Mekklesack Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm looking forward to a fix, it didn't perform this way in all those lets plays months before launch.