Universal Infinity Project 2 by Crazy Robot

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Calouroj

Calouroj Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    F-35 Flight Test Control Engineer
    On The Infinity Station
    Yup, it sure is!

$0.99 starting on the 20th.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh cool :) heard its like halo might have to check it out

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    How long is the sale?

4. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    2 things that would make this game tons better would be the ability to attack friendly npc's and rag doll physics .

5. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I LOVE this game!

6. beeyee18

beeyee18 New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Don't know if it's just me but this game kinda sucks,the only reason I still have it is cuz I am afraid if I delete it I won't be able to continue where I stopped if I decide to give it a go again,the graphic ain't good at all n the game play is kinda sloppy,the AI is only intelligent when u throw a grenade.u don't see bullets when they hit u,they fly out of nowhere n enemy grenades also,but the game remind me of old school pc games.the graphics also and the drive of the game also.its a great game not to say,al give it 3stars. Maybe it's cuz am playing it on an iPhone 4.on an iPad 2 it may look way better

7. Nielo360

Nielo360 Member

Dec 18, 2012
    just bought it. i had never heard of this game until i saw it on youtube while randomly browsing for games. im a deus ex 1 fan so when i saw this game it gave me similar vibe graphically. its not for everyone but its really intresting explore and the textures look amazing on then ipad 4. its definately not for people looking for a nova 3 fix. its more for oldschool half life 1 and deus ex 1 fans. im enjoying it so far just wish movement controls were better aiming. Good job guys.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Hm.

This game was never on my radar, cause I couldn't get warm with part 1.
    But Fallout-like and open world...? This is getting me interested.

9. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Its the closest to Fallout on iOS. I recommend it, Vovin ;)

10. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Enjoying this game!

Just wanted to share, I picked this up today and am really enjoying it. Definitely has a SiN or Half Life vibe to it....

Keep up the work, hope the sale these two days spurs some sales like mine!

11. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I agree! It's crazy that it was made by two people. Hope they make more games like this!

12. WoeOfAftermath

Sep 28, 2010
    Just picked this up after much deliberation. I've played for a few hours and I'm in the industrial zone right now. I have to agree with a lot of the reviews I've read (on TA and elsewhere):

The game has I ton of heart and I really want to like it. The story and adventure game elements are what really make this game stand out. I like the atmosphere too. The graphics are dated but are not a deal breaker in my mind. In fact I like the campy late 90's PC game feel.

Some people have complained that this game has poor controls. I wouldn't call them poor but they are a step below some other iOS shooters I've played. The left stick for movement would be much better as a floating stick in my opinion. Sometimes when trying to run away from a grenade, my character doesn't run as fast as he can because I don't have my thumb where it should be relative to the fixed stick. (More on grenades in a moment.) Also, there were some minor platformimg sections which were just frustrating. Platforming in FPS's is questionable anyway, and the jump button in this game seems unresponsive at times (maybe it's just too small on my iPhone 4S.) The control sensitivity felt much too low by default but I bumped it way up in the options and it was no longer an issue.

The enemy grenades REALLY need work. I chose the suit that gave me 20% extra health specifically because people were complaining about the grenades being over powered. I'm still getting decimated by the things (on medium difficulty, BTW.) Here's my take: I'm fine with dying instantly if I'm standing right next to a grenade. But it seems they have a huge splash damage radius and I seem to die almost anywhere within that radius. The bigger problem is this: There is no visual indicator to show you where the grenade is on the screen. The only way to determine proximity is by the volume of the beeping sound coming from the grenade. I usually just have to pick a random direction to run and hope the beeping gets quieter. Even when it does get (sometimes significantly) quieter, I still frequently die from the explosion.

The enemy AI is another issue. I wouldn't really mind the brain dead AI if it weren't for the grenades. Let me explain: The enemies pretty much always run straight at you. That wouldn't really bother me too much if I could run away periodically to look for new cover. But as soon as there's any distance between you and the enemies, they start throwing a bunch of (those really annoying) grenades! The one "strategy" I've found that works is to run up to the enemies, guns blazing, as fast as I can so they don't have time to throw grenades. Then I quickly try to create a choke point so I can just pick them off one by one as they walk into my line of fire. But getting that close to them can be dangerous if there's too many and you don't have enough time to reload before they take you out. (As I was proof reading my review, I remembered there's a "perk" [consumable item] that temporarily gives you larger clips. I'll try it the next time there's too many enemies.) Basically, I feel like it takes more luck than skill to get through the firefights.

I hate to sound exceedingly negative because I love indie games like this that truly have a lot of heart and soul. I can tell this game was a labour of love and it's one of those games where the sum is greater than it's parts. Despite everything I just complained about, I'm still not going to stop playing. The difficulty can be adjusted on the fly in the options menu, and I may decide to drop down to easy just to get through the story. Like I said, the story and adventure elements are where this game really shines.

I'm not holding my breath for any new updates to this game, but the biggest change it needs is a visual indication of where the grenades are and reduced splash damage. Please dev, that would make this game so much more fun!

As it stands, I still like the game. I got it on sale for $.99 and I feel like I got a bargain at that price. With a couple of minor improvements it would be a bargain at it's regular price of $2.99.

I rate the game (based on the first few hours) 7.5/10.

13. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Bumperoni.

Does this game work on ios 8 and ios 8.3?

14. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Does this work on iOS 10?

15. Jakeopp

Sep 20, 2012
    Bump...anyone own this that can test on newer versions of iOS?

16. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I haven't updated my 6+ to iOS 10 yet, but the game works flawlessly on my iPhone using iOS 9.3.1...

17. Jakeopp

Sep 20, 2012
    Ok, thanks!