Universal Infinity Project 2 by Crazy Robot

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 2, 2012.

1. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
  2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    does the story tie into the first one at all?

3. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Not a good game, bad graphics, terrible controls and a huge file size! I may be uninstalling.

4. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    i really liked the first part
    and after betatesting the second part for a few hours i think the second part is even better
    it is no game for people who want a perfect and detailed grafic but for people who want a good gameplay
    it has some really nice gimmicks ( like minigames in a bar ;) )

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I was just playing the original version yesterday, really do like that, as others have pointed out it has 'simpler' graphics but i think its very playable.

Saying that hearing all the negative points about the sequel puts me off, granted its only 99c so i think i'll download it but the huge filesize ? Urrrgh ! (Damn wish Apple would do a 128 gig ipod touch !)

6. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    i think the controls are pretty good but i´ve played the first part for a long time so i think i am just used too
    at 99 cents everyone should try it but if you didnt like the first part i dont think you will be the greatest fan of the second ;)

7. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    It's a cool game.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's too bad that the hypercritical parade (I kid because I love) has come out in full force on this game. I don't want to jump in with a full "defense" because 1) I'm too close to the developers and the original game, and 2) at .99 folks can make up their own minds. But I have to say that I find the complaints about the controls hard to understand -- with a bit of tweaking you can make them as good as any other FPS on iOS.

In the end, this is a very ambitious game made essentially by two people, and you can tell. That, to me, is part of the charm. As a shooter, it works better than 90% of the shooters in the App Store, and if you follow through to the end, the story is actually interesting, even clever. Action-wise it harks back to late 90's FPS like Sin and Half-Life; games have moved on since then, but some of us still enjoy shooting at "brain-dead" AIs ;). In any event, game like IP2 are more "alive" for me than Gamelofts pretty-but-bloated efforts.

I don't want to clutter this thread with arguments about what makes a good or bad game. I hope that people looking for a fun shooter will give the game a chance.

10. himmatsj

himmatsj Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Ok guys, I was just looking through the screenshots while I wait for this game to come to Android. From what I see, is the game a little bit similar to Dead Space in the sense it has corridors etc? The wall textures look a little similar...no?

And yeah, howz multiplayer?

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    How's the multiplayer? Looking for a new non-Gameloft-Hacker-Fest FPS. Will buy definitely, once I clear some space.

12. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Yeah lot of complaints, as is the case with every game. Myself, I love the game.. I'm having a blast. Sure a couple tweaks would be nice and I feel confident that the game will be supported. Lots of support for part 1. I get the half-life feel when playing. I would say that any fan of half-life would enjoy this game. Good throwback.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #33 Rip73, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    By that description, I think I'm gonna have to jump on board.
    Seems to be a few very critical comments, which is fair enough obviously, but what you describe seems to be something that would be right up my street.
    You're essentially saying it has more depth (that little extra quality that some games have) to it basically, I think. Correct?
    Plus, you gotta support the independant developers, they always just seem to have more imagination.

Edit. Just noticed it has multiplayer. Gonna have to get it now.

14. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Does this have sensor controls like in NOVA to help with aiming? If it does I will buy it for sure. I really like how with NOVA you can use only the virtual controls or a combination of virtual and sensor controls. That really helps when you want to have some precise aiming at times.

15. sean1997

sean1997 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    having some problems saving timmy at the beginning. how do you break the lock of his cage with only a knife?! anyone figured out how?

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Talk with them.

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Just noticed this: NOTE to iPod Touch 3rd Gen users:
    The Infinity Project 2 may not run on this device due to large memory requirements.

Has anyone tried this on a 3rd gen?

18. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    It might mean you have to close out of all multitasking, hard reset, and then if your lucky it will start. I mean its well worth the try for 1 dollar

19. ipodjunkie

ipodjunkie Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Im big fan of the first game, so I bought this right away. Hope it looks at least acceptable on retina display, because the first one was great on the 2g ipod, but now looks terrible on newer devices

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    hell yes! Been eagerly awaiting this one! =oD

Can't wait to get into it tomorrow.