Universal Infinity Blade III - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ausar, Sep 18, 2013.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    http://infinityblade.com/infinityblade3/

damn it

2. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Yeah, I saw that. But it seems like bugs (worse enough), but that tells me nothing about the overall performance on an iPad 3.

3. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    no, you are wrong. the one i know works great on ibII. with no issues

anyway...wtf?! you cant sell your mastered weapons??

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Damn, I guess I need to finish the second part first...

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Don't bother fighting it, freemium, pay-mium, timers... it's all here to stay. It's better to invest energy in supporting something you enjoy instead.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Mine doesnt. I made sure to hard reboot the ipad mini with an empty cache before i started the game.

Difference between IB3 on my ipad mini and 4S, is that the realtime shadows are very rough on the mini, but smooth on the 4S. I imagine everything is just sweeter on the ipads 3 and 4.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yes you can.

But this time, you can only sell them when the Merchant chick visits the hideout.

Keep on playing to recruit allies.

8. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Reboot your iPad before launching the game for the first time.
    It'll free the nessecary memory for IBIII.

I'm using an iPad 3, and I have had no issues two hours in.

9. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I never understood all the hype with this series of games. Sure the graphics are amazing, but the repetitive gameplay became boring so quickly in the previous two games.

I'll gladly give this one a miss

10. tzuptzop

Aug 19, 2013
    thanks for info! ill post later if the money glitch works, you can sell items you dont own, thats how the glitch works
    the laser blade is gone? cant find it

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Decided to give this 30 minutes instead of sleeping. Now, I really want to read the second book. Anyways, it's definitely more of the same game, just bigger and better once again. Will enjoy playing through it, but that's probably it. Should last a few hours.

12. tzuptzop

Aug 19, 2013
    #72 tzuptzop, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    for those who played ibII and finish it with 100%unlocked items this new ibIII should be very easy. i killed first 8enemys without even be hit and unlocked 10achievements so far

those tokens can only be won by achievements or bought from iap? what a crap! freemium system x2...

the final file size is 2.1gb
    ibII was 1.3gb

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #73 L.Lawliet, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    Wow this game... I love EVERYTHING about it. About an hour and a half in and haven't done much (pacing myself) but the graphics and little subtle changes are amazing. I love especially how you can zoom in and out and rotate you character to check out the gear. Lovely. I also like the "?" info areas so you can better understand game mechanics. Random other stuff like the merchant and the potion maker are lovely additions that give the game a grander feel. I also like the GOAL system that makes me work toward doing different things. I feel like the game is massive already.

And that opening :( I actually had the game installed for about an hour and finished reading the book before I started (good idea btw). Knowing what happens at the beginning gave me some chills.

Btw I can't get the click for the imagine dragons song. Any help? My game ALWAYS crashes when I hit the button. I don't think there's any juice left in my device everytime I click the BUY button. Crap.

14. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    iPod touch 5th Generation, iOS 6.1.3.

UPDATE: Downloaded this for about I think 10 mins or so without hiccups? I was watching Sanuku's video while it was downloading, about the 10-11 mins mark my download was complete (direct download to iPod via Wi-Fi, I also had 5.4 GB worth of free space).

I killed all apps in the multi-tasking and did a reset (hold down power + home button); well, I doubt that's necessary but I want as little hiccup as possible, haha!

When I first started the game the UNREAL engine logo and the Infinity Blade logo all loaded smoothly until it loops for a while at the end (I guess this is their "now loading" screen" and a Game Center message pops up "Welcome back, defunct32" a few more loops (at this point it started to stutter a bit" then the game finally loaded.

Movies, cutscenes all played out just fine and battles are smooth and input are responsive (dodging/slashing, etc). So in conclusion it runs quite well on an iPod touch 5th Gen!

15. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    This might sound a bit weird but I found the first and second infinity blade boring. Is there anything new in infinity blade 3 or is it just a reskin.

16. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    It's the same game and same gameplay of "rinse and repeat" to get stronger, this installment though is bigger with better graphics and some other elements implemented like a hideout, blacksmith, gems, potion creation, merchant, etc.

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

God damn is this Game bugged.

@Eli

Could you tell us what Build you did Review because the Build on the iTunes Store is more or less a Mess?

Any Inside Information if Epic Games/Chair are relasing a second Day One Patch since the Game is more or less unplayable as soon as you are able to play the Game with Isa.

18. heretik

heretik Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Whats with the poor german localisation AGAIN? How come AAA games cant spend a few quid more on proper translators? Makes your expensive product look sloppy.

19. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I have no problems with Isa so far.

20. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Did one playthrough of the first location, and no problems whatsoever with the game on my ipad 3.

Love unlocking the different skills.

Are there any benefits to selling your mastered items? Can you buy them back again and remaster them? I read somewhere that the Blacksmith can upgrade your mastered items, so if you sell them are you losing out in the long run?

Without spoiling anything, I found one map in a chest and clicked on something that was similar. It showed a weapon popping up like I found it, but it is not in my inventory (I checked both characters). Unless I was simply unlocking it for the store or the merchant. Does anyone know? Also, the map still does not have the Max part checked off - so do I need to find more parts first?

The second game had timers when it came to gem forging, so some timers in this one in the same capacity and when mixing potions seems reasonable. Does not ruin anything for me - I consider finding the potion ingredients and making the potions as a bonus anyway (in addition to the regular gameplay).