Universal Infinity Blade III - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ausar, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I can think of quite few games for the platform worthier.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    As the third in the series it is definitely worth it. It's still the best title for the Action RPG subgenre it created.

As for the pro12.9, it may be tricky to get your thumbs/fingers touching the power buttons on the top left and right.

Tons of great games on the appstore nowadays, but this is still worth getting.

Im still playing the game too. ;)

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Better late than never, update landed last night that is optimized for iOS10, optimized for all the latest apple device sizes/resolutions and other bug fixes.

4. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
  5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Was this ever optimized for iPhone X?

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Sadly, no

7. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Damn. This would have looked awesome on an X screen and now it will never happen. :(

L.Lawliet likes this.
  8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It also has major visual problems in the latest OS, at least on my iPhone XS. For example, shadows are low res.

9. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    They cancelled unreal tournament too. The Fortnite money is too good. Cancel all projects not named Fortnite and revert resources to print more money.

sebgo and L.Lawliet like this.
  10. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

There’s an article on PG about it removing for purchase, but support and surprises coming in a month.

11. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Its such a shame they removed it :(

L.Lawliet likes this.
  12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Epic’s press release makes it like that is just Clash mobs and some special items, which they say to check in regularly for. They won’t be updating this for newer phone screens or resolutions. If they were, they wouldn’t be pulling it down from sale.

13. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    This is really sad, IB is one of the best franchises of iOS gaming. They were even promoted in at least one keynote. There is no reason to do this unless they’re so short staffed they can’t afford to do relatively simple stuff like upscale screen resolutions. Which would be a shocker given how big Epic games is.

Not sure it’s the best decision to put all their eggs in one fornite but I’m not the one getting paid to make decisions like this so what do I know.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Personally, I think that there are much better original game series on iOS, but that’s neither here nor there :).

It should be made clear, though, that this is not a “death of premium gaming on iOS story.” Keep in mind that Epic just killed Paragon and cancelled the Unreal Tournament reboot — both on PC. Nobody is saying that premium gaming is dead on PC. Also, remember that Infinity Blade sequel that looked like Diablo? The one that was once featured at an Apple iPhone event? Epic killed it at the height of Infinity Blade’s popularity.

Clearly, Epic is following a very specific business strategy with all their game releases. They know that the Fortnite phenomenon will not last forever, and they are focusing their resources to make as much profit from it as possible. The Epic Game Store is another leg of that strategy. As an IP, Infinity Blade is simply a distraction. It’s not that they couldn’t afford to keep it going: it’s simply that it’s not in line with a Fortnite-led strategy. Epic is, after all, a business.

sugimulm and TicTac like this.
  15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Probably the most disappointing iOS news I've heard all year. I was always silently hoping for a sudden IB4 announcement but they want all that Fortnite money. Epic is now all about Fortnite and not much else.

TicTac likes this.
  16. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I feel like people were saying the same thing 10 years ago when they released Gears or Infinity Blade (bought from chair) and all they wanted was another Unreal game.

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    To bad they cant kill the premium currency system in the game since they have killed the in App Store for purchasing the stuff. If their done making money off the game, I’d like to see that removed. Especially IB3 which was honestly the most ‘Iap-lean-heavy’ of the trilogy thanks to two characters all with their own equipment to manage.

18. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I was watching random Infinity Blade videos on youtube and remembered that Epic at some point announced Infinity Blade Dungeons...

TicTac likes this.
  19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Not only did they announce it: it was featured in an Apple iPhone event. And then it was unceremoniously killed.

That’s why the only thing that I find surprising about this announcement is that it didn’t happen earlier. Epic has no interest in keeping this franchise going.

TicTac likes this.
  20. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    It's crazy how the ios/android gaming market has evolved. With the exception of console/pc port and a handful of quality mobile games, most of the phone games are hot trash.

Especially considering the success of the Switch and that is basically the same device as iphone/ipad with a mfi controller...