Universal Infinity Blade III - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ausar, Sep 18, 2013.

1. mrmajestic

mrmajestic Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2012
    Just wanna say... Epic Games, thanks for great customer service!

I lost my cloud save in Infinity Blade 3 back in February (server error from the dev's side, I had sunk probably 30-40 hours into the game and was pretty much maxed out, character-level wise at least) and got kinda demotivated from picking it up again right away. I opened a support ticket but didn't follow through with whatever data they needed to be able to help.

Anyway, with the last update out I got to wanting to pick it up again and slay some dragons. Got back in touch with them via the old email thread and got the support ticket solved, giving me a new character all beefed up with lots of yummy money, skill points etc. Happy camper!

Attached Files:

2. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    #2042 Cadenza, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    If they expect you to memorize every single move at stage 3 in the game, then the game design failed big time. Either that or they expected you to have played IB1 and 2. This game has like zero instructions, took me a long time to even figure out wtf everything is. Wtf is an "awakening"? How to do a parry? Which direction to dodge/block? What are those weird icons on the battle screen, or the icons besides the bonus stats on items? Had to actually google to find these out because the game decides to go completely minimalist. Enemies have COMPLETELY randomized stats (enemy A on a level perhaps only inflict 50 dmg per hit, while enemy B on the same level inflicts like 500), and the hp/defense mechanic is like completely broken. The moment I'm hit by ANY enemy with some poison/ice/fire move my character is pretty much dead, as my HP bar just drops down like 5% per second. Yes I know there are elemental defense gems but what if I don't have any? I'm expected to keep restarting the level until enemies don't have elemental attacks? Some enemies have ridiculous attack patterns that hits you like 5 times in a row, if I dodge/parry/block 2-3 of them I'll always be hit on the 4th/5th hits because it takes you like 2 seconds to recover from a parry/dodge/block. Not to mention most animations are WAY too fast to dodge/block/parry, or determine what direction they're coming from. Enemies LOVE to pause a second before the strike hits, making parrying those strikes a complete pain, borderline impossible. Also how many f*cking hits do I need to parry/dodge/block before I actually get to attack? Sometimes I'm just going "CAN I ATTACK YOU NOW??" Don't tell me to train on the practice golem, because I HAVE trained with that thing and successfully parries like 95%+ of its moves, but real enemies have completely different animations.

The completely random difficulty of this game makes it a frustrating and confusing experience. Why can't there be a more organized level/stat system? Hell I don't even know which levels are easier and which levels are harder because even if I enter stage 1 of this game, some enemies are level 10 while others are level 100. Stats are pretty much completely pointless because you only get 2 points per level-up, 50 extra hp or 1 extra shield point means absolutely nothing when enemy stats increase exponentially in a completely random fashion.

3. Lemmonz

Lemmonz Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I can't seem to figure out how to access Kingdom Come, can someone help?

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2044 Exact-Psience, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    The new areas? Here:

There are 2 areas. 1 is the Dragoor Interlude which bugged out on me and didnt exist for me (this will be fixed in a patch) and the other is the observatory.

For the observatory:
    1. defeat Lelindre in Isa's chapter 4 to gain access to that area with Siris.
    2. Use Siris in Lelindre's area and after the fight with her, go to the right door to get the Heaven map.
    3. equip the heaven weapons for BOTH Isa and Siris.
    4. Take Siris to the Metius Observatory.
    5. Dont start the first battle, scroll around and tap the distant Observatory in the background (that's the one in the Heaven Map).

Hope that helps...

5. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

#2045 razorracer83, Sep 12, 2014
    Apparently the cloud save in this game works on a per device basis. Only Infinity Blade II uses iCloud, which transfers across devices.

6. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Chair's cloud saves also sync across devices. I use it myself, though I sometimes have to go into the games options and reconnect to Chair's server.

7. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    #2047 squashy, Sep 12, 2014
    @Cadenza: yeah IB3 is noticeably harder than IB1 and IB2. With the instruction in the beginning of the game when you play as Raidriar against the Worker's guards you should have a vague idea of how parrying, dodging and blocking work.

If you really want to be good at parrying, you may consider playing IB1 first. It has only Light style but parrying is very strict in that game.

In IB2 and IB3, for a beginner you should stick the Light weapon and stock up block point, that's the easiest way to defend, and you should gradually learn to parry (you will come to learn that parrying only work on incoming weapon attacks, but that covers quite a lot of enemies already). Then you can move to Heavy, stick to parrying until you learn the more complicated way of blocking with this weapon class. Dual weapons are riskiest, but it's essentially Light with no shield but a center dodge instead.

For equipment you should definitely stock up elemental defense gems, good thing they aren't costly. It is worth the chips to expend your gem bag. For gem forging, you'd have the best chance with forging gems of the same type (all round, all health for instance) because random forges may yield some rather disappointing results; one useful fix formula being forging 100% elemental def gem: 3 different def gems into 1 5% elemental def, 3 5% def into 1 10% def, 3 10% into 1 25%, 3 25% into 1 50%, 3 50% into 1 100%. Yeah, that will take long.

Also do brew potions, they help a lot. As with gems, using ingredients of the same kind (all attack for instance) guarantees a more predictable result.

Pay attention to the skills your stats unlock. Some skills are very useful (potions work on more than 1 fight, second chance, better attack window...) so you may consider getting them first.

Happy swordfighting!
    To transfer save across devices, you need to first successfully connect to ChAIR cloud server on the device with the desired save. Then on the new device, log out Gamecenter, download IB3 from scratch. When installation finishes, open the game and log in in the Gamecenter popup with the same GC account you use on the first device. That should trigger the game to receive your cloud save.

8. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your help, but I've been meaning to start fresh, anyway. That old save was lost long ago due to a combination of a factory restore and a cloud save error, so even though I could transfer it, there would be nothing to transfer. Anyway, with all the new content that has come out since then, I'll have a lot to work onto on my new save, and a much better device to play on.

9. FateRiddle

FateRiddle Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Any suggestions on weapon combos?
    Light: ←→←, the only combo I know, but somehow just not efficient since most of the time I get to attack 4 times for a break.
    Heavy: ←←, for the female character, a stab sign shows up after 2 combo, should I take it?
    dual wield: ←→←
    That's all I know. I'll be appreciated for any advise:D

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Light: LRL, RLR, UDU, DUD, RRLL, LLRR, UUDD, DDUU, any combination of 4 directions+ a fifth direction (e.g. UDLRU or LRDUD)
    Heavy: twice in the same of any of the swipe directions, then follow the QTE
    Dual: LRL, RLR, UDU, DUD. Right after these, you can continue swiping in any direction and all these succeeding attacks will be considered combos. With your combos, do LRL or RLR, then you can change to either U or D for a finisher. alternatively, UDU or DUD combo followed by either L or R will be a finisher as well.

11. FateRiddle

FateRiddle Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks! This really helps! About dual weapon, what's the difference between a combo attack and a finisher?

12. Lemmonz

Lemmonz Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Alright, so I tried a deathless quest for the first time and it didn't tell me that if I failed to reach the Titan that had my gear would keep it. This made me really mad because I spent a little bit of real money on those items, any way to get my items back?

13. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    With the latest version 1.4, you can regain Deathless loot by simply completing a normal Act. Extremely less hardcore, but I guess there have been too many complaints from casual players.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woohoo! Serk is almost mine!

Attached Files:

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #2055 L.Lawliet, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    I decided to reinstall this game and I have the old save file before they updated which had the gem making glitch. I want to take advantage of it before I update but does anyone know any good potion combinations? I've been looking for parry type (not perfect parry) ones but I don't know how to make them. They seem pretty rare. Are there combo lists that would tell me how to make a parry potion?

Edit: Maybe parry doesn't come in potions. I guess I'm not sure what potions to make now. Maybe I should just update :\

16. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    You mean the gem brewing glitch? You should brew a dozen of Darkfire then.

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man I miss that version. I got a bunch of money playing that way before my save got wiped and I had to start all over.

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #2058 L.Lawliet, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    Yup!

I would but I don't have enough gems to buy that many roots. Can all the 500s be fused together to make better versions?

I remember there was a battle gem glitch but I could never get it to work :\ I should try it again once I get that stupid boat lady to appear again.

If any of you remember what gems you made at that time, please feel free to share :) I'll give this a couple more days to think on it then I'll update it (I really want to see the new content - there's a lot I'm missing).

Thanks a lot pro players!

Wiped?? How? That really sucks.

Edit:

Btw, does anyone know how to make the boat merchant appear? I beat an act and she didn't appear, I let myself lose and went back to base - nothing.

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It was long ago, before they updated a few times. Then they have everyone a ton of money and shields to make up for it. But I was doing okay on the money front since I could sell gems that were slotted in the cutting room then exit and I'd still have them. That was fun while it lasted! But now I've got more money than I need I guess.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw man that sucks. Though that wouldn't make up for lost Chips. Those are hard to come by.

Btw, are the treasure gems useful in the current game? I have a few of em (different kinds) but I'm wondering if I should just sell them off since they take up space. Also some of them "shine". Was that ever explained later? Is there a meaning to that? I just need to clear up inventory right now.