Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    That last bit is what I'm leaning towards. It's definitely a problem related to the OS, I was able to play IB1 fine on my iPad running 4.3.5, then I "upgraded" to iOS 5.01 and all of a sudden its now unplayable. This is a huge problem, especially when they have warning messages popping up telling players to update to iOS 5. To be honest, that's the only reason I updated.

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    The game doesn't work on my iPad 1 no matter how many times I restart my iPad.

3. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011

I'm also jailbroken, but I upgraded to iOS 5 yesterday for this game....
    Interestingly, I've noticed that IB 1 runs MUCH smoother on iOS 5 than on 4 for me, and I'm on a 4g iTouch. How much RAM does SBSettings tell you you have before you start a game? I'm sitting at around 120 or so after a respring and a memory clear.

4. Mr Boogeyman

Mr Boogeyman Active Member

Nov 30, 2011
    #144 Mr Boogeyman, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    What is "Clashmob" ?

Also what comes up when you hit the future updates?

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I just generally have about 120 mb free with nothing open (without freeing ram)

6. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    This is really a shame. What iOS are you running? I've been following IB2 almost religiously the past mo.nth or so, as a steady stream of hype-building info has been released. Now its finally out... and I won't be able to play it. I just updated my iPad 1 to ios 5, and I can't play IB1 now, so I assume that means that IB2 will be even more unplayable (crashes on start up with IB1). I hope Chair gets on this right away and releases a patch, I'm chomping at the bit to play this game! I'm actually kinda angry, they've been encouraging everyone to upgrade to ios 5, yet their game won't work on it! Makes no sense.

7. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    So you can run it with 120 mb? Awesome. If you're jailbroken, I recommend removing language packs and launchdaemons, It speeds it up quite a bit.

8. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Just bought the game.Working fine on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S except the iAP's.

9. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Not jailbroken but same here. IB1 runs smoother on iOS 5.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's a cooperative mode coming soon where you'll have a limited time and a one time chance to fight a really powerful mob (Thousands of Hp). Everyone will have a shot at fighting him and if everyone can get his hp bar down, we'll all receive special items.

11. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I'm using iOS 5, with 3 gb of space left. I have done everything, and it hasn't work.

12. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    damn... this sucks.

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    show us how it looks when you make it! :)

---

about ios5 i've been preaching about not upgrading until all the kinks are fixed since downgrading is near impossible. sometimes upgrades sound appealing but this is a case where you're gonna want to wait. look at all the games that need to be "optimized" which is ridiculously annoying. and imagine if you have an old game on your ipod that won't get fixed... so that means you'll never be able to play it again. that io5 is really more hassle than it's worth

14. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I'm going to ask a refund from apple. I am NOT redownloading this app, my Internet restarted and it's going to basically kill my bandwidth.

15. Mr Boogeyman

Mr Boogeyman Active Member

Nov 30, 2011
    So it's kinda like a ScreamFortress Boss battle, where everyone has to work together to kill this "über" Boss?

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah (Damn never played that, it's been a while since i've played tf2 XD) but it's done over the cloud.

17. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    ^this indeed. Tap, swipe, block and start over for 8 hours. I'll wait for the truly impressive upcoming games by mid dec. But to each his own.

Dead space is a much better game than IB will ever be and yet it never got even half the hype. Heck even zombie ville 2 is more fun than this. Oh well, hype sells games more than non-repetitive game play. Enjoy!

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Clearly, that's just your opinion. I don't think hype is what drives sales a year after a game is released. Having never dropped down to $0.99, Infinity Blade is still in the top 50 a year after it was released. It's barely outside the top 25.

19. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

So, is there any reason to keep the original IB installed other than for nostalgic reasons?