Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    oh man the redesigns are amazing. i love the menu you screen.. so much better. and the armor variety is great. now all i want is some more helmets! looks like there isn't enough to keep me satisfied =p hopefully old stuff like the GK helmet will become available later.

2. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I remember reading that some items aren't in the store, you can only get them from chests. Maybe that's how we get the God King helm

3. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

What time does this hit in the UK. Is it tonight or tomorrow? I did browse through a few threads but couldn't find out. Please abuse me if I've missed it.

4. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.

Omg u noob!!11!1!

Jokes. Midnight :D. I'm waiting. I'm UK

5. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Thankfully, myself and others have made exhaustive posts regarding this on Epic's forum, and their community co-ordinator has confirmed that an update for Infinity Blade 1 to optimise it for iOS 5 is coming soon.

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Check out any New Release thread I made - eg, bard's tale. UK gets games at 12 AM. ^.^

7. Dense

Dense Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I downloaded to iTunes. Then I synced with both my iPad 1 and iPhone 4S. The iPhone 4S works fine, the iPad 1 crashes just after the logo. Diagnostics section clearly shows a low memory issue.

I can definitely rule out file corruption and I have no idea what you mean by a hard reset, but I have done a proper reboot.

8. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Damn (bit in bold). :mad:

Is it unplayable, as in does the slowdown make your swipes fail to register in time, make dodging more difficult due to the delay? That's what's happened to Infinity Blade 1 on iOS 5 on the iPhone 4.

9. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    i want to know about multiplayer against the WWW. i hope there is a way to fight with your own knight, not just do stuff like infinity blade 1.
    Just let IB2 learn your skill, think about your levels ect and choose a random or as-skilled-as-you opponent.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle

It hasn't resulted in me missing or dying yet, but it's distracting. Once it happens, it's like... "CRAP, I'm dead!". I think once enemies get faster it might become a problem.

Interestingly enough, I had not a single problem with IB1.

Edit: there's no multiplayer.

11. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    The only thing I can think of that's making Der-Kleine's footage so smooth is that he's on iOS 4 (I noticed the game telling him to upgrade to iOS 5).

It's clearly an issue with iOS 5, but then why would the latest game not be optimised for the latest OS. Unless the latest OS is a memory sapping whore.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Can't believe this will only be 1.06 GB uncompressed. Great news. I couldn't be more excited than I am now for the game. Will be getting it the minute it lands on the US AppStore. Full score reviews from every site, including TA, so far. Looks beyond amazing.

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#133 killercow, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    There's no competitive multiplayer in IB II but there's a cooperative mode coming soon where you'll have a limited time and a one time chance to fight a really powerful mob (Thousands of Hp). Everyone will have a shot at fighting him and if everyone can get his hp bar down, we'll all receive special items.

14. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Who would like to see a new Icon for the game? I am considering designing a new one and will distribute it if people want it.

15. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Oh mate, Infinity Blade 1 is a dogs dinner for me right now. I rue the day my iPhone 4 went in to the Apple Store and was replaced for a display issue ... because I lost the ability to downgrade because I lost my SHSH blobs.

IB1 slows down a lot on iOS 5 on the iPhone 4, and this was my thread on the Epic Infinity Blade forums, which was responded to positively by their community co-ordinator, Flak.

ChAIR, can you please give us a bit of optimisation for Infinity Blade on iOS 5 for the iPhone 4?

I've looked around some of the threads here, and I'm truly sorry if starting another one annoys the regulars, but some of the suggested fixes just aren't working (although they shouldn't be required since the game ran superbly on iPhone 4 running iOS 4).

I've tried a hard reboot, I've closed every app I had open, I've played with the sound muted, I've played with headphones in, I've played with reduced brightness, I've played with Airplane mode enabled, I've played with Airplane mode and no WiFi, I've even restored the iPhone in DFU mode ... nothing. The game is a shadow of it's former self, and I really believe all we need is a little bit of iOS 5 optimising. Today alone, Tiger Woods 12 and DoDonPachi Resurrection have been updated for iOS 5, so it's clear that some (a lot?) of games will need a little fine tuning to get optimal performance on the new OS.

Some of the things I've noticed:

Gestures delay: never an issue on iOS 4, but even tapping the dodge buttons (which I've had to make bigger because of this issue) require tapping twice to ensure I get out the way. Swiping to slash feels more like luck than it does fluid, simply because of what feels like a delay in the gesture being registered by the screen.

General Performance: the whole game just feels sluggish compared to how it did pre-iOS 5. Cut scenes themselves where your warrior goes to meet his next enemy are fine, but when you get into battle (especially versus the God King on higher levels when he's flying in terms of speed or versus any of the Deathless) it's absolute pot luck because gestures don't register at times for dodges or attacks, and the game stutters so badly at times it's like a slideshow. Again, not an issue on any increment of iOS 4.

Sound: most noticeable on the lift to the God King chamber, the sound of the lift breaks up when it never before. A minor issue, but one that perhaps shows an underlying issue with iOS 5 optimisation.

Coin Count: this one, again, is minor but it never happened on iOS 4. When you pick up gold in game, the counter on the top right would fluidly increase, you could see each number increase smoothly. Now it stutters in increments, and the sound breaks up at times with it. Oddly enough, it returns to it's former state when gold accumulated from a victory, is added to your total in the inventory screen.

Fast Forward: holding the fast forward button used to give a fluid, smooth, quick transition to the next scene. Now it's like a choppy, stuttering slide show of stills.

I cannot wait for Infinity Blade 2, even though I know it's superior on the 4S. And yes, some people will say "Buy an iPhone 4S" to solve the above issues, but that's a mute point considering the game ran flawlessly on iOS 4 and should do on iOS 5, but I feel some optimisation is needed. I also appreciate that Chair are busy with Infinity Blade 2, but they should also be aware that the hype that makes people buy Infinity Blade 2 will lead to those who didn't buy the first game taking a look at it, so it may be wise to get it back to it's best on iOS 5 before it leaves a bad impression with certain users.

Many thanks!

16. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Well.. if this is choppy on an iPhone 4 with IOS5 looks like Chair Enterainment wont be getting my money.

17. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    i hope it wont stay that way. It would be epic to have multiplayer in this game.
    i dont think anyone disagrees.

18. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Yeah, that'd be awesome. Except in iOS 5 Apple removed the ability for users to use iPhone Explorer, navigate to the app icon, and replace it. I used to replace low res icons using iPhone Explorer, non-jailbroken, on iOS 4 but since iOS 5 you can go into the app directory, find the icon.png, replace it with your own, reboot, and no change comes into effect. Blocked by Apple in iOS 5. Shame, as it was a nice little tweak and didn't require a jailbreak to run something like iRetiner.

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well in the first one it was nice but you can't use your main character for obvious reasons (Iap, level/gear). i like the new mode's idea and use of icloud. I'm all up for fresh ideas : )
    Though they've said that a competitive mode may come in a future update.

20. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough this is also on a jailbroaken device, wich should make things slower (although the only mod/tweak I use is SBSettings)

Btw, playthrough Part 3 is nearly uploaded!