Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    1000 is pretty awesome. I've restarted twice from scratch coz of icloud issues, and GC says my highest level was 190, but in the current save im playing im only 135. Really want to nail that 4 digit level.

Any suggestion on the fastest way to do it?

2. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    The way most folks in IB Community Forum grind for high level in NG+ is to rush through a number of NG, say 10, then stay at one particular NG to take time and master items long untouched (if you don't use an item, after several NGs you can master it multiple times). The point is that you don't have to spend time on farming gold each NG.

Hex XP gems are also vital in NG+. Almost every armor offers a hex slot and 3 rings offer such slot as well (Paga Circle, Iridix and Gem Circle). One maxed gives you a 125% XP boost, so with 2 of these gems equipped you get a 250% XP boost, making you NG+ progress a lot faster.

Put most of your stat points on Attack. Or Magic, if you're into voodoo. Start getting used to Dual style, it's quicker and you don't have to rely on Shield point.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I've been maxing everything before moving on to the next NG, didnt really see that it could save me a lot of credits and at the same time increase the farming-time in between buying because of how you have to level up items multiple times.

Thanks a lot! Moving on to next NG now! :D

4. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Infinity Blade II Questions

Recently bought it! Loving it, although I've a few questions just to see if those who have the game has experienced any of these:

Oh, before I forgot I'm running the latest 6.1.3 iOS software on my iPod Touch 5G.

- Stuttering/chugging (?)

IB II "stutter/chugs" or is kinda choppy when I start the game in the beginning especially when the "Chair" logo appears or even a few seconds before.

- Choppy framerates

The game runs smooth 95% of the time but during cutscenes it does to get a little choppy here and there but during battles and duels, everything is smooth, it doesn't bother me but it got me curious though.

- Warm to Hot iPod

I think about 3-5 minutes into the game the iPod gets really hot especially on the back camera area (basically the top part), is this normal? I got really worried so I play for a bit before quitting the game. Is this a cause for concern?

Any help and replies are very much appreciated, thank you. Also, I'm new, hello!

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    You should only worry about the hot back of the phone... Could be a problem in the circuit (did you ever drop it? Did you get it wet?). In most cases it's an iOS issue, especially with iOS 6. Try to restore the phone. If that doesn't work try another version of iOS.

If its still getting too hot, then take it to someone who can fix it (Apple, if you still have a warranty), if not, sell it to some sucker (unethical, but who cares).

It also depends on how the phone behaves... Does the screen go black sometimes without a reason? Does the phone turn off unexpectedly? How long does the battery last? Does the battery drain fast, even if you're not using the phone (at night, for example)?

Maybe it's not even that hot and you're just paranoid.

6. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Graphics intensive games tend to cause the device to warm up. It's just the way it is.

You can try closing all the other apps off your taskbar (double-press home button, hold down your finger on a icon and then press the "x" on each app to close them proper) and restarting your device before playing to reduce the stuttering or chance of crash-out due to low memory.

7. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    Maybe I exagerrated a bit when I said "hot" it's more like warm and not hot as in too hot to hold in your hand kind of hot. Never dropped it before in fact I bought this recently on June 8th it's very new. The screen doesn't go black nor does it turn off, mine's an iPod Touch 5th Gen running the latest iOS 6.1.3.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sounds normal to me. I thiiiiink mine behaves similar but I haven't played in a while. I have the same device as you so it should be fine.

9. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    Ah, good to know then, enjoying this game so much! Though it does eat a lot of battery power.

10. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Anyone else been getting some strange sound bugs lately? Specifically, I find the ambient background sounds (like wind) and weapon switching are only coming through the right channel. Once in a while I get a bit of static on the left, but otherwise, certain sounds don't work right. What's really odd is that it was fine for about an hour yesterday (just started a new replay) and then it buggered up.

I've tried everything: deleting and updating, restarting, I even switched headphones and devices in case it was a hardware problem. Running 6.1.3 on iPad 2.

11. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    I don't play with headphones or anything like that but I'll give it a try for you.

12. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Thanks, I appreciate it. The glitch is most noticeable with that 'echo' sound you get any time you do anything new (e.g. start a combat, move to a different location). It'll only be on the right channel. Strangely, the same sound you get if you just touch the screen but not a hotspot (e.g just bringing up the potion and inventory icon) is on both channels.

13. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    #2633 defunct32, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    Hello Bullwinkle,

As I don't own any headphones or anything I use the earpod that came with my iPod Touch 5G, this is what I did.

1) Start a battle with an enemy; sound is on both channels.
    2) Enemy starts attacking; the "swosh" sound effect for sword can only be heard in one channel (the right).
    3) My turn to attack, Siris' battle cry like "argh," "heeyah" only comes through on the right.
    4) Occasionally the sound, music will disappear going from left and right, or mostly on the right.
    5) In the "Gain Experience Screen" after finishing and winning a battle the sound effect can only be heard on the right mostly.*

*Sound effect like when they calculate your exp point and the progress bar fills up and also when your equipment "slides to the right" they have this "swoosh" sound is also only heard on the right channel.

EDIT: Update: Yes, you're right the sound of wind, echo or rustling is only heard on the right! In regards to point number 3 above, sometimes the battle cry will go from one channel (right) to both then disappearing back to the right channel.

Perhaps it's normal and meant to be this way (but I highly doubt so), could be a sound glitch and maybe the developer can fix this in future updates? Is there any way to get in touch with them to let them know of this issue? It may be a small matter but if it's fixable why not, make the game more polish! ^.^

14. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    The game just went free for the first time ever..Enjoy..

15. hellomynamekeyes

hellomynamekeyes New Member

Jul 8, 2013
    I'm still studying in High-School lol
    Philippines
    Hey guys! :)

I was lucky to not buy it last week when it was 99 cents. Woohoo it's free! :D DLing now. It might take days for me.

16. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Could someone please explain to me how the content pack works? Is it a purchasable add on? How do I unlock them? I've beaten the Thane once.

Also is the Clashmob worth it? I usually avoid features that requires Facebook.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2637 Exact-Psience, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    Your game should already have the updates which include the content pack. Have you defeated Thane the first time? Coz that is only like an intro. If you play through again, more paths will branch out, each leading to more boss fights. Then after them, more branching paths and more boss fights, of which some are part of the content pack updates.

Clash Mobs are like world-level missions. You and every player in the world can contribute to a goal, which, when achieved, can give some really good rewards like high-level gems, endgame equips, or even just big amounts of gold.

Clashmob goals range from simply killing select enemies, to reaching targets like "kill enemy using only parries" or something like that, to pick up as much goldbags as you can in a time limit, to survive in a duration. It's pretty cool, but 7 times out of 10, the mob fails coz a lot of players dont even know how to play as most iOS gamers are pretty much casual gamers.

18. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks for the reply, got the content packs figured out. The game had been pretty easy so far up until I encountered the first blood sentinel and got trashed.

Clashmob sounds interesting, will go check it out. Thanks once again.

19. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    Still worth it even if it's at full price!

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Agreed...

There are people who do not like the IB formula though. But which game doesnt have non-likers (coz they arent really haterz :D)?