Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2121 Exact-Psience, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    I got my Black Rose earlier, contributing 2 kills to the cause. :D

I had to re spec my stats (increased atk) to be able to kill with Infinity Blade as i dont have my trusty Anarchax yet due to a recent NG up and the pre-re-spec stats with Infinity Blade wasnt enough to kill. Closest I got was drop the Ronin down to 800-ish HP before I re-specced.

Then again, I was Lv141 when i did the mob quest.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Ditto. I also have an 8 GB and it was a royal pain-in-the-ass having to delete and make room for the last update for Clash Mobs. And frankly the Clash Mobs update fizzled -- at least to me -- and was not worth the hassle. I didn't even update it for the "fixes" they made to it just because of how much trouble it is.

Want this update. But God I wish Apple would get their act together and allow in-place game updates. Having to have as much room ...or should I say double the room ...just for an update is ridiculous, especially when it comes to 1 GB+ apps.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I actually seem to recall Apple proudly proclaiming they had implemented incremental updates not only for the OS, but also for apps. A shame I can find no source of the statement, indicating this was just a wet dream.

With the combination of iCloud support and the large file size, IB2 has actually become my go-to app for quick deletion when some other large game needs space for an update (with N.O.V.A. 3, Modern Combat 3 and MA: Infiltrator being some of the most notorious patch beasts). It rarely remains gone for long, though ;)

4. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    NOVA 3 hasn't even been patched yet, and MC3 and ME:I have had one update each since they released. Sure, they're big updates, but they're not really "notorious". I'd give that medal to Arkham City: Lockdown, which has had a few updates (new 70's Batsuit, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy + Challenges) that increased the size to 1.64GB.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #2125 Ayjona, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    Both Modern Combat 3 and Mass Effect: Infiltrator has seen two updates each (MC3 was patched on the on the 23rd of february and the 16th of march, version 1.1.0 and version 1.2.0 respectively, and Infiltrator on the 16th of march and on the 12th of april, version 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 respectively).

And my usage of "notorious" was, of course, based on my subjective experience, i.e., how much trouble the updates caused me. Considering both Modern Combat 3 and N.O.V.A. 3 both require more space than Arkham City: Lockdown (with Infiltrator not far behind), and more than almost any other game for iOS (possibly ANY other game), I'd say "notorious" work better for those two than any other iPhone titles...

Also, my post did not pertain to increases in file size between versions, but the size of the actual patch (which is what prompts users to delete apps to make room for updates. A 300% increase to a 2mb app might be peculiar, but not very bothersome). In this regard, Arkham City: Lockdown is certainly troublesome. But since I didn't purchase Arkham City: Lockdown until recently, I've had no patches to be troubled by ;) That's kind of the point of subjectivity, to base statements on your own experiences ;)

As for N.O.V.A. 3, I should have said "notorious installation beast", as I had to do some serious spring cleaning before squeezing the latest mobile Halo onto my iPhone 4 :)

6. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    What is te uncompressed file size after this most recent update(vault of tears)? Thanks

7. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Let me know who unlocks Isa first.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

1.23 GB on my new iPad.

9. TheEvilNoob

TheEvilNoob Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Noob assassinator
    My evil lair
    #2130 TheEvilNoob, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    Path locked. Anyone know why? This better not be one of those "new game plus only" things...

Edit: also the god king had a energy attack like the other deathless. Is this new?

Edit again: Hey a hidden enemy! Maybe it's your new ally? Wait.... Is that a falmer?!? No! Stay back! *dies in 2 shots at level 60+*

10. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    EDIT: nvm...just took a while for mob to load

11. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The new path/area is working ok for me, and I'm not on Game+

I reset to Last Rebirth in options, and the new area is down to the right at the start of the game, just after you defeat the first enemy.

12. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Sanuku, just wondering, would you make the new walkthrough video for this new update?

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#2134 Sanuku, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  14. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Thankyou so much sanuku!! :d

15. askgar

askgar Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Does anyone know if they've fixed the "invisible" enemies bug, had it so many times now, each time I get it I usually stop playing for at least a week until I am ready to reset to the previous rebirth, its the reason I've never got past 7 rebirths.

16. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Holy balls some of the new enemies are tough. Especially the bog giant gaurding the vile blade...that's just not fair

17. TheEvilNoob

TheEvilNoob Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Noob assassinator
    My evil lair
    Oh good. I thought I was just crazy when I saw somebody there.

Oh and has anyone killed the OP falmer yet?
    it's at the bottom of the statue of the girl holding the sword straight up on the new path.

18. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Bring it on. Looking pretty badass in my cardboard armor, box, straw shield and papercut.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Has anyone bought any of the maps? What exactly does each one do?

BTW, I love it that you can now see under status the current elements you have on attack and defense. Pretty nice and useful stuff here.