Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    yeah... read this earlier. One question i cant shake is about how the expansion is free. Is it a free separate app or is it an update that includes the expansion?

That Griffon looks awesome.

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It will be a new area added to the existing game. They did the same thing with the update to the original IB.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Got it. Thanks.

I had the idea it was going to be an update, but the free part got me confused, LOL. To be honest i've never seen a paid iOS game update.

4. leogodoy

leogodoy Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Journalist
    SP
    Apple doesn't allow paid updates, only IAP.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Good to know.

But what I had in mind was an update, which included IAP to unlock the new content. Is that possible?

6. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, but Epic and Chair promised free updates. Very few companies go back on their word, and I trust the PR (read: Cliff Blezinski) to keep their (his) word.

In other news, who thinks this update will let us finally play as Isa?

7. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    If only I hadn't lost my save data for a level 52 character...

dammit

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^I did from Lv 1 to Lv 74 in one sitting when i transferred to an iphone 4s from an ipod touch 4g. Wasnt able to back it up using icloud and I already had sold the ipod touch. Wasnt sure how much time i spent playing though.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Never liked the idea of playing as Isa, but i'd play it if it is going to be in the update.

What I had in mind though, are Greatswords under heavy weapons category. :)

10. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #2110 BirkusTheGreat, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
    I think i saw something about the treasure map helping you unlock a "mysterious new ally" soooo....yup.. thats interesting

also, I agree with that guy^^^ greatswords should be heavy weapons

11. CarnageGamer

CarnageGamer Active Member

Mar 21, 2012
    The new update looks and sounds great! But i am wondering what "more loot" will be there? more weapons? more gem? or just more random bags of gold? lol

12. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I'm hoping they fix this bug along with the update this Thursday. Wasted several hours on my NG++. Does anyone know a solution or a preventive measure so as not to have your game deleted? People are saying about turning off iCloud. I don't see how you are able to do that inside the app. Any help?

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really want to put in the new update BUT i never upgraded the previous update because of the ridiculous price increases they threw onto the gems. If I upgrade, I'll never get the parry all gem that I've had no luck making :(

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^I loved the time I had the Parry All Gem, but I was only at NG+ that time. Wanted to get further into the game at a higher level, so i went to NG++ expecting to lose the gem.

15. tungtrinh87

tungtrinh87 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I have 2 wishes for this expansion:
    1/ Let us play with Isa
    2/ Double the size of the original game(IB1 did)

16. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Really wish that they focus on what the consumers want,not just get rich really fast.I still think Infinity Blade was a better game :(

I wish they get rid of FaceBook API (which only collects our private data),and add more substantial updates/features.

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm not quite sure how you translate 50 new items, a new area, at least 5 new enemies, a new gameplay mechanic (Treasure Map), extended Clashmob functionality (about which I could not give a damn, as I consider Clashmobs the largest and most over-hyped gimmick in iOS gaming in the past year :) ), new gems to forge, and new achievements, into a way to "get rich really fast", when Chair adds all of this to IBII for free :D

(I do agree that IB1 was the better game, but only in some few story-related aspects: I miss the original spoken language and its immersive qualities, the greater sense of loneliness and desolation of the setting, and the cyclic concept of knight after knight going setting out to avenge fathers and free their people, as opposed to the decidedly more high fantasy-tinged idea of an eternally rebirthing protagonist.)

18. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    One thing Infinity Blade has over IB2 is... Wait for it...

It felt... Rounder. I dunno, I actually imagined it as a circle, when IB2 is a rhombus.

Apologies for the overuse of ellipses. I just can't use 'em enough these days, so I use a ton in one post to compensate.

19. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    god screw the level 1000 ronin for the black rose ring on clashmob i cant touch the dude im level 39 and i just barely damage him...f'n piss me off .....

20. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Better be worth it

I have deleted this app twice since it was released. I loved the 'Deathless Kings' update in the original Infinity Blade cos it created a whole new level of depth for the game. I hope this update does even more than that. Again, I'm not liking what I keep hearing about 'more backstory'. I hope the story moves forward, I couldn't give two dual blades why Siris resurrects, the game already tells us that as it is (whew, dodged spoiler there). I've had no problem with bugs or anything of that sort but I wish Chair fixes this for all gamers(though I must add that Cydia tweaks also affect your device's performance. If you are having problems, check those). IB2 is my favorite IOS game, worth the space it takes on my 8gb device. This update had better not disappoint.