Infinity Blade - by Epic Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSt33lCurtain

TheSt33lCurtain Active Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Wow this game was just shown in an iPhone 4 commercial. It looks great.

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  3. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    i like how detailed this beast it

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Looks mighty impressive.

Hope it's fun as well.

5. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    So sexy

6. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    I like that we are seeing detailed lighting and shadow effects. It's about time that the games start looking ps2 quality. I really hope they try and break the $15 barrier on iPhone games and charge at least $20

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    WoW!!!! Wat is the status of this baby?

8. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Imagine if capxom made a monster hunter based off this engine guys.

9. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    This looks more like wii quality than ps2, much better than ps2.

10. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Well if they do this could open up the barrier to console like prices and game development waiting times for games to come out. Do you really want that?

11. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    This is why you really need to get an iPad my friend. Games like this are made for it with it's awesome battery life and large screen to see all the detail and action on.

12. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    You're stu... I mean you have interesting ideas.

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

All the detail? The Textures on the iPhone 4 are higher quality. And with all those ppi on the iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4 everything that supports the retina display looks amazing!

14. radchad1

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Nope. I'm actually a very smart individual and one hell of an accountant on top of that too ;) I want more games on my idevice like this and the only way to get them is higher prices. Plus, do you think Epic isn't going to charge a decent chunk of change for this game? I highly doubt it will be less than $9.99 and way over the .99 that the appstore has spoiled everyone with.

15. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I almost cried when I saw those screens... I never though I'd see anything like that on a regular console when the iPhone first came out, let alone the iPhone itself...

Thank God I'm getting a 4th Gen device this Christmas... I will somehow. This game alone looks worth it.

16. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Not everyone thinks like you do, and thank God for that. !!!!!!!!!!!!

DID YOU KNOW that Steve Jobs constantly fought with the music industry to sell songs for $0.99 when itunes first came to light. If he thought back then,the way you do now, you money grubbing profit whore, than we would all be paying high prices.

If they sell it for $10, it will get a lot of hardcore gamers. If they sell it for $2.99 or cheaper, they will get 10x the customers. You do the math Mr. Accountant.

**********Do you really think ANGRY BIRDS would be where it is today if they sold it for $4.99.??????? Try 3/4 drop in sales, or sales that would have never existed. **********

EVERYONE ALWAYS SAYS ----"THERE'S NO WAY THEY'LL MAKE IT CHEAP, IT SHOULD COST $20" ----HAS BEEN SAYING THIS FOR THE PAST YEAR AND I'M GLAD DEVELOPERS ARE MUCH MORE INTELLIGENT WHEN IT COMES TO MARKETING THAN THE AVERAGE TOUCH-IDIOT.

17. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Yeah, it'd be pretty crappy!

I want my action games to run on engines specifically built for its particular purposes and not on an engine that borks up when put outside of its comfort zone.

Anyway, this game looks classy but without much details still on the combat system I have doubts over its complexity with what has been shown so far.

18. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Erm, well the polygonal definition is nothing better than PS2 but the shaders position the overall visual quality well above PS2 / Wii / Xbox titles. With SM2.0 and above, applied in the right way, you can take Dreamcast assets and make them look like something approaching 360 quality.

19. radchad1

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    You are so right a game engine that cost millions of dollars to develop a few years back and cost a few hundred thousand to even be able to port to idevices will sell a game with assets like this for only $2.99. Let's see angry birds cost how much to develop again ohh pennies on the dollar. This game is costing Epic thousands, and it's running on an engine that cost millions to develop.

20. bazraking

bazraking Member

Sep 7, 2010
    will this run on 3gs like epic citadel or is it 4th Gen only?