Infinity Blade 2 (From Epic Games coming December 1st)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    "There are a lot more enemies. When we shipped the first Infinity Blade, we had 10 different enemies in the game, and when we ship IBII, we'll have more than 30 in the game," Mustard says. "There are just a lot more enemies this time around; some new in addition to some returning from the first game."

:eek::eek::eek::cool:

2. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days25days...I'm a little bit excited ;)

Seriously though, it seems like they've improved on every aspect of the first game

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ man too long!! I hope they release some art or something to keep me from going crazy

4. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    i know right!! i hope they release another gameplay video!! the gameplay video from the iphone 4s event is not enough!:D

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    yeah... i guess they'll pull a last minute trailer to build back hype again like what a lot of companies do o_O in the meanwhile i bought a godking shirt off hottopic that was on sale for $7 not including shipping. that's how much i can't wait lol

i feel like that was an example but who knows... the way it was put into the article made it sound like he was referring to enemy strength so that's why i was saying i hope he's actually still in it (and should still be the most powerful).

however in the book... *spoilers*
    godking survives and gets new armor. he even has a real name which i still can't figure out how to pronouce

and one thing that makes no sense *more book spoilers*

is that at the end of the book godking tricks the player and gets his infinity blade back (hell yea!) so i'm not sure why it's advertised that you start with the IB in the new game. and it must be weak if it's your starting weapon right? anyhow the book makes more sense that you don't start with the most powerful weapon.

i really enjoyed the book so if anyone has any questions about what happens there or something explained i can try and help! maybe it'll help pass the time away until IB2 comes out

6. Cygnus X-1

Cygnus X-1 New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    In the heart of Cygnus
    I'm really looking forward to this game. I just hope that the dumbed down version for iOS devices that aren't 4s or iPad 2 will just be a graphics downgrade and nothing else.

7. BirkusTheGreat

Dec 23, 2009
    I think in the interview he said "God-kings" to make it easier for other people to understand what was being discussed, so they'd know how powerful those enemies are. Really, I think he could have just called them Deathless Ones.

And as for L.Lawliet's confusion, I don't think it was ever stated that you start with the Infinity Blade, I was under the impression that it was unlockable like in the first game (expensive)

8. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    A quote from the article.

9. Yes, all A4 and A5 devices and beyond... not sure about 3rd gen and under though

10. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    It will run on anything that could run IB1

11. BirkusTheGreat

Dec 23, 2009
    Right, except they aren't all called god kings, the book makes it pretty clear who/what the others are called

12. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I didn't read the book though. I don't find books based on games very interesting.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    you should check it out. it's actually pretty entertaining! i thought it was way too short

14. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I read the demo though. Didn't look too good. :(

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I truly hope they finally implement knight versus knight multiplayer.

16. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    This a thousand times over!!!

17. TheShoresOfHell

TheShoresOfHell Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    This :)

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #118 Ayjona, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    Good to see I'm not alone in this desire :) I made this argument as to why the otherwise very innovative and entertaining monster versus knight play is also severely limited, and why knight versus knight as an additional option would be great:

Ideally, I'd like such a multiplayer option to take the Death Rally route, and provide an alternate character/campaign for multiplayer, where we level up and purchase equipment separately (opening the door for singleplayer- and multiplayer-specific equipment). Of course, to avoid balance problems, there should be limitations and matching rules for ranked games.

Even the option of using the single player character we've been building for days/weeks/months against other player characters feels far more fun to me than just titan versus knights, with no additional sense of persistence, and with the pattern problems mentioned above.

(Perhaps this could also bring the kind of quick, one match-to-go multiplayer many of us have wished for in IB.)

I've tweeted this request and a link to this thread to Chair Games. We're spoiled TAers, courted by devs from EA and Gameloft to Foursaken Media and Chimera Software in these forums, so let's assume Chair will actually read it and perhaps even reply ;)

Heh, I suppose that we should have been prepared for this. Choosing the guy who also continues Robert Jordan's work means the style, tone, sense of drama and register of Infinity Blade: Awakening must be limited, lest the writer be unable to write in the manner of Jordan ;)

19. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I agree with everything that you said, but i just want to pick out something in particular.

The regular story should definitely be separated from the multiplayer mode, but there should be some key differences so that it doesn't feel like you are doing the same thing over again. Also, I think it would be better to make IAPs exclusive to the single player story. I really just want to see a true multiplayer (you work for your rank) instead of a multiplayer that has been monetized. I, also, don't want to hear the whole spiel about how it wouldn't be fair to newcomers. Like Ayjona said, add an intuitive rank system!

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    yeah i agree. it would be a bit annoying fighting people that have loads of money so whenever you join a match you're getting ridiculously pwned.

hey guys only ...... a LOT more days to go... :(