Infinity Blade 2 (From Epic Games coming December 1st)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Lip cobra

Oct 10, 2011
    This is one of those games you have to get just to show off your new phone, and see what the new GPU can actually do. Given more time it might actually look better in December, saying that tho they are one of the lucky devs that got to work on unreleased hardware

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I'll get IB2 no matter what, but I really hope they change how the NG+ mechanic works this time around.

3. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Are people really asking if this will run on the iPhone 4?

3GS and greater. With added effects for the higher end devices (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S) Just like the orig infinity blade.

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The game will support icloud for saved games! Also here's a new game mode:

"iCloud offers other unique benefits that game developers can begin coding for in updates and new titles. In��Infinity Blade II, for example, users will find a new community-based gameplay mode called Clash Mobs.

It works like this: You get a notification that a big monster is available to fight for the next 24 hours. The monster is loaded with��1 million hit points. You fight him, knocking off 10,000 of his hit points. The monster now has 990,000 hit points. Thousands (if not millions) of other gamers take their hacks at the same bad guy, and��together you work in concert to take him down, unlocking weapons and other features." (from wired's interview)

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    1 more month guys!!!

Man this is probably the game I'm anticipating the most for 2011. I loved the first one. I do hope there's a new/upgraded God King design. It's sad to see there's not much new images and art since the announcement. I can hardly wait....

6. thiskid

thiskid New Member

Nov 2, 2011
    King of Atlantis
    Where you live
    they should add a button to dodge backwards. what i would like to see is weapon xp which gives you points to add onto the attributes of that weapon or armour. another cool thing would be signature moves, where you choose ur move which you can perform, but must have enough "adrenaline" i suppose, and then follow the screen's lines to perform the move. just a thought. I would like to see free roaming but original fighting gameplay. Can epic games please release this on kinect or ps3 move! with split screen multiplayer
    :)

7. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    wonder if there is going to be a sequel to Infinity Blade book as well. Hmm.

8. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Is it coming out for ipad2?

9. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    of course...

why wouldnt it?

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    me too! i thought the author wrote it really well.

however i do think some of the ideas are weird in the book and some things don't make much sense :l

11. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
  12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    That's very cool. If we can't have open exploration at least we have branching paths that open up over time.

Also more good stuff. More excited for singleplayer than multiplayer.

Still wish there was free exploration between enemy encounters.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    man that was a great article! it has me even more hyped up. i'm thinking this could be my favorite ipod game to date once it comes out since i liked the 1st one so much.

although the only thing that has me worried is if they'll put the God King back. he was my favorite character and removing him would make the game seem somewhat empty. i think he's the iconic character in that game right next to the sword.

14. chase123

chase123 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pakistan,Karachi.
    Except the customizing you gear thing,I do not think any thing is new.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    challenges? enemies? environments? changing/evolving environments? fighting styles? more story? longer length? equipment? new fighting tactics? etc...

I hope you read the article...

16. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Didn't it say in the article that there will be 6 different god kings? Or was that an example?

17. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Obviously someone didn't read the article...

18. chase123

chase123 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pakistan,Karachi.
    I read the quotes arta posted,isn't that the article?

19. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    There's about 7 paragraphs more of brand new mechanics in The game.