Infinite Warrior **CONTEST** Have your Shield's design featured in game!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by EFGames, Sep 18, 2012.

1. EFGames

EFGames Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

As we’re working on refinement for next update (thanks to everyone who was kind for sending feedback, suggestions, and improvement's ideas already in the main thread), we’re also working on something quite unique for the Touch Arcade community, as a start.

For all the players who have played/checked the game already, you’re already familiar with the equipments proposed to customize your warrior.

For the players who have not had the chance to try the game, let me explain: the pieces of equipment currently act as instant bonus for the next play session (when you enter the battlefield): you buy a sword, helm, shield and you get a gameplay bonus such as gold multiplier, etc.
    I said currently, because we are revising the equipments to become
    "semi-permanent" and feature durability.
    This change might not be part of the next update, but it's worth mentioning already.

Here is an image that shows the sword bonus:

[​IMG]

The shields are used as “headstart” bonus and each features unique graphical design with its own distance bonus.

[​IMG]

For next update, we want to offer to the players the opportunity to have their own personalized shield featured in the game.
    For some players, it's the chance to have a bit more personalization to their in-game character, and for others, it could be a personal message to a special person...

Whatever design/text/logo (which is acceptable to the game’s rating, 12+, and doesn’t infringe on copyright) you want to see featured on a shield, you just need to email it to [email protected].

We will also let you write the shield’s title and description, decide on the distance bonus it offers, and the amount of gold it will cost.

However, as distance is used for leaderboard tracking, we need to enforce a maximum distance to keep it somewhat fair: Maximum distance will be 100 meters. We could make very special exceptions to extend the distance for very refined design, which will cost greater amount of gold.

The text for the description will also have to stay “in context” and within the 12+ years old rating. The shield’s title will have to be fewer than 15 characters, and the description will have to be within 25 characters max.
    Finally, as we have 4 shields shape, you’ll need to choose which shape you’d like to use: rounded, diamond, rectangle or crescent shaped (peltarion, as seen in screenshot above).

For next version, we would like to have at least up to 20 shield designs. For the designs chosen to be featured in version 1.1, we will also give a promo code if your shield is selected.

Some of the designs below are designs that have been selected already:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have any questions about this, please don’t hesitate to PM me or respond to this thread. You’re also welcome to post your design in the thread directly.

2. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #2 Eoghann, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Damn. Those are user submitted designs?

I'll give it a shot. Is there a shield template you guys have or do I get one from Google? Or did users just submit the logo and you put it on the shield?

3. EFGames

Other users just sent me an image/logo and I created the texture to apply to the shield we have.

A black and white image, sketches, whatever you have, I'll make them work onto whatever shield shape you want. :)

I should have mentioned, but, yes, you don't need to be a "graphic artist" to submit your image. I'll do my best to keep it true to your original design.

4. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Phew. OK Cool. I was starting to feel discouraged. xD

I'm working on something right now. I'll post the pic in a few minutes. :)

5. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    [​IMG]

Click thumbnail for larger image.

I'm pretty sure there is no copyright infringement (it's a picture of my sister...slightly modified with her permission. xD)

6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Slightly? If she finds out you said that, I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you!:eek::p;):D

DBC

7. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York

Haha.

If my design gets selected, the pain will be totally worth it! xD

8. EFGames

Here it is - applied to a round shield...

Hope she'll like it :)

[​IMG]

9. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Yay! Guess that means it got selected?

Looks awesooome!

Now I have to think of a name and a description? That's gonna be tricky.

10. EFGames

Yes, it will be in next update :)

If you don't want to come up with name and description, I'll come up with something... I was thinking Baba Yaga Shield :)

11. USMCRANGER11

USMCRANGER11 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    When is this over? D:

12. EFGames

We will have many updates, so if a design doesn't make it on the first update, it will surely make it during another one.

For this "round", we will keep it on-going until we have around 20 shields selected.

13. USMCRANGER11

USMCRANGER11 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Alright thanks, ill be sure to get started on one when I get home from school :)

14. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Baba Yaga, I like it! By all means go with that idea. :)

Is the contest limited to one submission per user? I had a lot of fun making that one and I'd like to try and see if I can come up with a few more.

15. EFGames

For the first round, we'll keep it to one submission per user, but you'll be able to submit another entry after the first update if you'd like.

16. EFGames

Anyone else interested to enter the contest?

17. EFGames

For the first update, we have 4 shields that have been featured in the game.

Thanks to:

- Eoghann
    - metalcasket
    - Exact-Psience
    - janni

You will receive a Promo-Code via Email.

If more members want to participate, please submit your shield design to have it included in the next update.

Thanks !