Infinite Warrior - by Empty Flask Games (Universal) : $2.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sladeums, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    To be honest, i got my $3 worth off this game (but im playing on ipad 3 and iphone 4S), and if they still arent making enough money off game buyers, but are doing good with IAPs, they should really move it to freemium instead. I have nothing against that, as long as it has been a month so as not to burn first week buyers too much.

This game has very good sounds, music and graphics, and it has a really simple gameplay that becomes more and more rewarding with each successful swipe. I recommended it at $3 and when it moved down to $1, and im definitely highly recommmending it for free.

I havent tested this on a touch4 though, and as reported here, it might not perform well on that device.

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Lol, now it's free until the next update. It might as well be Freemium.

3. EFGames

EFGames Well-Known Member

We're having an incredible adoption rate while being free, so yes, until the update is approved, we are keeping it as is.

I was hoping to have the update approved already, as it's a very minimal update though.

4. The4thMan

The4thMan Member

Aug 15, 2012
    The game has been fun to play while I'm commuting. Can't ask for more. Thanks for making it free (for now)!

And though it's a minimal update, when is it going to be released?

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    What about customers who download to their PC or Mac, and might not get around to playing the game for a month or more? Hell, I still haven't gotten around to playing Deus Ex 3, which I purchased a year or so ago. When you purchase media, you don't expect it to automagically completely change on you post-purchase. I've never had a track on a CD or record stop playing because one of the members in the band decided to leave to due to creative differences. Never had a computer or video game stop working unless I paid a new licensing fee because the studio which developed it was aquired or went out of business.

Some of us here simply won't suffer **** that's been plaguing the app store. We've been taught that there is two sides to a transaction, not one.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    We've learned much from the poisons that plague the appstore, and from that we should be prepped to whatever immediate changes they throw at us with the appstore prices.

It has been around time and again that even good games, if they dont perform well in terms of popularity or sales, is bound to drop prices (and some even go free) to get some attention. This said, it isnt wise to buy a game day-one anymore if you dont really intend to play it right away, knowing that there is this possibility.

The seller side of the transaction needs to earn too.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well, the AppStore isn't the place it once was, and any dev (all the more so when it's a one man operation) is climbing an uphill battle nowadays in regards to recouping the development costs, let alone making a living. Do you ever randomly scan the AppStore on your iDevice? On an offday (say a Sunday) you'll still see 500 or so new releases (just in the games category).

I asked this in the dev thread, but due to my faulty memory, I've forgotten what provoked the question...if Apple was reverting to the old ranking system, whereby going from paid to free to paid again (or vice-versa) doesn't reset the download count. If so, I could see that being a positive; back then developers could receive a huge bump from all of those free downloads when it went back to being a paid game.

As it stands now, with the clutter, fake reviews, etc...unless your an established name, I'm surprised more devs don't aim for the pc instead, what with Desutra, Gamersgate, etc. Watching a game like Mount & Blade, a game put out by a couple of Turkish designers, develop over the course of the better part of a decade is a good example of the success that can be had on a more open platform.

One thing would satisfy me in regards to post-facto app changes; if Apple got off of their ass and demanded full changelogs accompany each update. But I'm not counting on it...after all, apple invented the iAD, probably the ugliest advertising platform available on iOS.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #28 Exact-Psience, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    Ive been thinking about games going freemium for a while and I think I understand why they do it to some extent.

I guess it could be something like - Game is selling poorly, but the IAP is generating a good percentage of the income, but not enough to get the devs through.

If I was a dev and that happens to me, i will have to make a decision to make my game freemium, and try to make as much as i can just with IAPs. We all know that making a game free is the fastest way to distribute it. If a healthy percentage of those downloaders buy some IAPs, then it could save devs from going dirt-dragged, and even fund for next projects.

This is the reason why Glu makes good quality games, but have some very intrusive IAPs which end up just looking too greedy. But they still make money.

Honestly, games i buy that go free after a while does burn me, but not much when i realized that this is what is happening. I really prefer games with premium prices and without IAPs, but for indie devs who cant sell if they sell a bit high, and with piracy everywhere, things dont go to our favor.

9. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Tip + Question

Hello, all:

I absolutely love this game. You would think the repetitiveness would wear thin, but, just the opposite is true. Also, the music, especially at the Frost level is haunting, and yet, fits perfectly.

As a tip, save up 50K and buy the body armor. Unlike other equipment, this is permanent.

Now, I have the rank of Warrior. With this, I have to complete two quests:

Find an amphora in any level.
    Find two amphoras in any level.

What is an amphora? Does anyone know what this looks like?

10. EFGames

EFGames Well-Known Member

Free during Black Friday

Infinite Warrior is free today for Black Friday!

Enjoy!

11. I've had this game for a long time and it is a quality game, well worth downloading. Highly recommended.

12. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Until they do some serious patching free is still too much for this game.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is the only game right now that i play EVERYDAY.

14. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Thanks E-P, way to rub it in... Gloater!:p:D

DBC

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha! Well, it's true... All other games im enjoying right now i play an hour, maybe two, and they arent really played everyday because of how many games im juggling right now.

This, however, is my pick up and play, go-to game for short bursts. I equip broken items so i dont have to pay much attention to the game and not worry about getting a good investment out of my other items. And it works.

Reason why i always pick this game up is that even in a couple of successful kills, the animation is superbly rewarding for me. And with that, im not even feeling like im grinding. Eventually, i end up with 50k coins or so just doing this, and i know that's not much, but it helps a lot since im not even minding the coins gained.

Anyways, for those who dont have the game yet, definitely pick it up, it's free for a day so take advantage of it. :D

Highly, highly, highly recommended.

16. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    free again

bump