Infinite Warrior by Empty Flask Games -> FREE [Price drop is over]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sink_or_swim, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    That was it.

Back on topic!

2. I LOVE BEING A NON EARLY ADOPTER!!!

It's so much better being on this side of the fence. The grass is so much greener for sure!!!

Now where are the posters criticizing the early adopters for losing a Big Mac? Flame wars, carry on!

3. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    hope it doesn't goes freemium... then we will see some pretty nice rants

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Definitely a mistake...has to be.

5. Toz

Toz Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Same here. The only exceptions were Miku's games, TWEWY, Blast-A-Way and some $1 games like Granny Smith.

6. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Ampty Flask, another developer I'm not going to throw any more coins.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Empty Flask is still worthy of trust. Here is the dev's post on the main thread.

8. EFGames

EFGames Well-Known Member

Thanks Exact-Psience.

Apologies for this big mistake to everyone. The price has been corrected.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    LOL, another example of a dozen forum users which shot first and asked after that. Just that the didn't ask at all... without two exceptions. Blaming and swearing seems always easier. :rolleyes:

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #30 Vovin, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

Well... loving yourself to be a cheapskate isn't the best option... imho. Give the devs all your money and they'll give us new games! ;)

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    A rare instance this, can't blame the crowd for shooting first with an iAP-toting runner though.

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #32 Vovin, Sep 11, 2012

Yeah, sure, but with 30k downloads in not even 100 hrs? And the price dropped at the same time as this description showed up. Some people were right to have doubts.

This is a game which can be played without IAPs. The ones who drop in 1-5 days to free are normally the games which concentrate on IAPs.

The major drawback (besides the loss of sales) is the fact that the AppShopper will show this as a freebie for one day, and some people rely on that. Might wait until the next drop to free, because AppShopper doesn't show the story behind the incidence.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    First of all, the IAPs are not only optional, they're COMPLETELY unnecessary and the game is EXTREMELY kind with giving you gold.

Second of all, yeah...Vovin's right. The attitude of some people on this forum is just appalling, both from a (completely unrelated) "quick to judge" perspective and from a "cheapskate" perspective. I know this comment's gonna get me a shitload of flak, but how the hell did you people afford to buy iDevices?

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #34 Vovin, Sep 11, 2012

Exactly what I wanted to express.
    But why should this give you a "shitload of flak"? That can only come from people with the "special" attitudes we're talking about. And you can surely take these opinions right to the trash can. A long while ago, I told INSM that "mods can have opinions, too".
    Btw., I think the most "funny" people are the ones which get a game for free and then start to complain how shitty it is. Designing games is a hard and difficult business. Most devs can say "farewell" to their leisure time. People should respect that.
    Always "funny", too: people stating that devs put bugs in their games just to f*ck with them. Right after they pressed the devs to put out a fix as fast as possible (see Puzzle Craft, for example). lol.

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haha I agree. I must have spent about 2 or 3 times the amount it cost for my iPod touch on apps/games since getting it. I spend far to much on a weekly basis
    :)
    But more and more you see posts from people saying "this looks cool, I'll wait for it to go free"
    I mean come on if you can't afford 69p-£1.99 You must be pretty tight.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, it just will. So will the following :p:

Unfortunately, this entire "Price Drop" sub-forum (or whatever the **** it's called) is filled to brim with these "special" people you're talking about, and you know what...here's a bold statement:

We should be allowed to post new threads in this section about games going on sale...that's it. No comments. They should be disabled. Have you seen the amount of diarrhea hidden behind the 4 walls of this section? Sheesh.

I'm done being the nice guy around here. I don't care what anyone thinks of me. Those who know me know what kind of person I am and that's all that matters.

Enough derailing from me. You may all carry on spewing the crap that you do.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

This. 2 burgers or 2 Starbucks on a daily base, but not a damn buck for an enjoyable game that's made with love and entertains you for hours.

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It's a self destructive cycle. iOS users want and are accustomed to cheap games, devs use price drops to increase visibility sometimes right after release if results were not as expected, people see they can wait for games to go free/cheap and start to do so, new releases get less attention, more devs drop prices, etc. I think it's kind of a chicken or egg thing as far as what started first. There's just so many good free and $0.99 apps out there that it's tough for a more expensive game to make it unless it's exceptional or has huge publicity. Then you throw in the new trend with paidmium games coming out and then going free as soon as the release hype drops off, which doesn't help consumer confidence in price stability, and it's all just a big sorry mess .

19. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I'll concede that I judged this game and the incident without having the complete facts. But only because endless anything and consumable iAP sets my teeth on edge. The freemium trend is growing out of hand and there's bound to be some collateral damage.

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #40 Vovin, Sep 11, 2012

I know the amount of cerebral diarrhea spread around here, and the stuff behind the walls. Yeah, maybe it is time to call the plumber.

I still remember my crusade through the "price discussion thread". Me and others fought wind mills. Hundreds of them. But new ones popped up on a daily base. Sadly, lots of the price trolls moved into this section now.

I took that

a bit from the funny side, but in the end, it's a really pathetic display, kind of a damning indictment of the iOS society.
    First, they hurt the developers; then, themself. Even us, the early adopters. But they refuse to understand.

No offense intended from my side. It is a problematic topic, with more and more free stuff each day. Looking from your perspective, it really could have been the other way 'round. Got burned a few times on tA, too. That's why I am a bit more cautious lately.
    Look at Daily app dream... meanwhile, they promote 5-8 games PER DAY for free.