Universal Infinite Tanks (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 29, 2016.

1. JEMelby

JEMelby Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    No Game Center login here, either. So no new tanks, cards, XP, Rewards, etc...

Might be that they're a bit overwhelmed.

2. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Not working for me either, it really bums me that I cant play offline and get rewards and xp as Im not really interested in multiplayer. With the single player being featured in the store description I thought It would be fully functional offline. The game itsefl is great, so I hope the devs can find some kind of middle ground for this issue. Playing on an iPad Pro with ios 9.3.5.

3. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #83 Frumius, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Not to worry! They are now aware of it. Should be soon™.

How soon?

Very soooooon.

(Who hasn't seen Romancing the Stone? (Don't answer).

4. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    But seriously, it's getting sorted :) ###

5. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Looks cool, shame I can't log in using either Game Centre or Email (have had confirmation email so something is working).

The always online thing is annoying, what is wrong with queuing events up when offline then syncing progress when a connection is found?

I tried World Of Tanks but didn't get on with the monetisation thing, I hope the servers get sorted because this has potential.

6. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Servers will be sorted or playing offline?

I'm now just getting a '..cannot connect to server..' message. For a game that can only be played online this is terrible.

7. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    Posted this review (below) hoping the devs see it there and/or here. #

It's potentially a great game but atm the servers are a nightmare with every page you go to failing to connect.
    Combine that with a game that needs to be connected and atm it's almost unplayable.
    You can start tough levels only to find the connection will fail when you complete which means it didn't count and you have to do it again.
    If it's not sorted over the next week or so I'll have to ask for my money back as this is a game you can only play online but you can't because of the servers.

8. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Servers seems to be up now...

9. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I played this on my iphone7+ and after 10 minutes, my phone felt quite hot.
    Anyone else have this?

10. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    Now I'm "that guy" # Well done and thanks to the devs for fixing it on a Saturday!

11. TheVimFuego

Dec 7, 2014
    We've all been "that guy" at some point.:D

Yes, good work devs fixing the servers AND throwing a few 1000 credits our way as compensation. Faith restored.

Going to dig into this later, I like the depth of customisation. :cool:

12. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    To be fair I've been back and edited my AppStore review and posting it here #

This is a great game with a ton of customisation and just the right balance for me between messing with stats and going blowing stuff up. Feels a lot more tactics than arcade which again is ideal with the customisation paid back by feeling you've built your own tank and feeling the changes in the battle.

Multiplayer is active and there's challenging solo modes with great gear rewards.
    Also want to add the devs fixed some game breaking server problems on a weekend!
    Good stuff and playing it far too much.
    Oh and no iap/ptw, everything is earned in game.

13. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    Oh sh** forgot about the compensation! And at my lowly lvl 6 its a lot of credits #

14. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    They also do it on sundays :)

15. TheVimFuego

Dec 7, 2014
    "Developer More Productive Than God" confirmed. ;)

16. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    The online requirement boggles my mind. Without server connectivity, you are essentially playing in demo mode. No progress saved from campaign, no leveling up or upgrading tank in other (even offline) modes.

This is a deal breaker for me and is truly sad because this game has great potential. And yes, it should absolutely be mentioned in their description. ANY game with an always online requirement should.

17. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    If you sell a tank, do you lose the components attached to it?

18. alphawolf2112

alphawolf2112 Member

Jan 3, 2012
    student
    germany
    #98 alphawolf2112, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Brigades

Like this game so far. Controls are good, have to try Apple TV soon.

Who is in charge of the toucharcade brigade (TAC) - 8 Members... pending approval
    let me in!!! :D

Edit: I'm in, thanx

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow thanks for the credits Atypical.

While I would LIKE a completely offline mode for when I'm in a bad area that my cell has no coverage and I'm not on wifi this shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone.

This is a mobile game folks. It has full online multiplayer. When you have a great game people just loooove to hack the crap out of it. If there weren't a persistent connection I guarantee we'd see super tanks in online mode that fly and have nukes for main guns lol.

Maybe they could figure something out though. Atypical have you guys discussed a possible purely offline mode where when the device connects online the data could be checked for possible hacking before being applied and recorded? Is there anyway to make the offline people happy? For myself I'm ok with it having a persistent connection.

Billy

20. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    agreed Jorlen, thats why i buy no online necessary and premium games only.