Universal Infinite Tanks (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 29, 2016.

1. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    #41 mosquito60, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Gameplay on youtube

I already found some footage of Infinite Tanks on Youtube. As you may know, you can record and store the games you play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DMNYNjVmPE

I was astonished how good the battle sound is… I normally play on very low loudness.

2. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Hands down best tank game I've played on iOS. No fp shenanigans. Tons of customization options and collecting parts (cards) is just cream on top. Controls are ok but you get used to them . I would love to see crew cards being added that grant some bonuses. I really hope this takes off and people recognize that in today's market this is a true gem.

3. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #43 Frumius, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    This looks good, looks to have a lot of offline and single player gameplay which appeals to me.

My finger is close to the buy button but I will wait just a bit longer to see what others are saying.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I especially still want more feedback on the controls as I vowed never to buy another Atypical game after EVO unless I was truly convinced it was a one time bomb.

It was truly awful and still think they could have done more to improve it despite their instance that they couldn't.

6. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    I hope you will get the feedback you want. Until this happens I can tell you only this: EVO wasn’t beta tested by the community. For Infinite tanks Atypical organized a open beta test during several months. You can visit the Fan Page and ask other players about the controls, I’m sure there are many former EVO players there too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Infinitytanksfanpage/

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I just applied for the Toucharcade brigade, anyone know who's running it?

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    It's a real shame regarding Evolution. The graphics were nice and it had a lot of potential.
    Unfortunately it didn't feel right and neither did the controls. The gameplay didn't feel deep and more of the same.
    But after watching the touchy85 YouTube gameplay my jaw dropped. Amazing graphics, great gameplay with a lot of depth.
    Also great for mobile as you move around and focus your shots versus Evolution were things could get too hectic to keep up with.
    You guys are awesome for keeping it premium plus showing single player love and thus I'll take the plunge once more just like with Evolution and buy your latest title as well.

I'll let everyone know what I think after playing. Especially regarding the controls. ;)

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #49 LordShad0wz, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Ok,

I put in some play time and I freaken LOVE this game. Every aspect is executed well. I do NOT use a controller and I have a disability so on screen controls are important to me. I must report they are done really well. For those worried about them let me explain exactly how they work.

The left side of the screen controls the movement of the tank itself. The right side of the screen controls the aiming reticle WHICH also turns the turret at the sametime.

Now there are so many weapons and components for your main weapon there will be buttons on both left and right sides of the screen so you can use either finger to fire the main gun. To fire the secondary weapon there will be a button to the left of the main gun button on the right side of the screen. A zoom button is below the main and secondary gun buttons. Ammo choice button is an opening slider above the main and secondary buttons on the right side.

There is a radar system that tells you the direction enemy fire is coming from. The zoom button works fast and is effective.

There is a full voice over system that tells you what damage you are giving and receiving as well as a visual queue tells you what damage your weapon will do at your angle to the enemy.

This sounds crazy but I am telling you it works great. Once you get used to turning the tank and moving the turret you will be a killer and a widow maker. The on screen buttons are great on the iPhone 6. They are a good size.

Also there is an aim assist. Once you leave the reticle on a target the reticle will stay on that target until you kill it.

This game has so many modes. So many options. The art style is awesome. For $5 you couldn't ask for a better experience. I will join the Touch Arcade brigade as soon as I go back in to play again.

Great job Atypical!

Billy

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    It's actually easier to control with the Siri remote than the touchscreen once you get the hang of it!

11. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Is there respawning in online mp matches like TDM?

I hated playing that other tank game online you die once, especially at start, and you had to wait 5 minutes for round to end.

This looks interesting I bought it, hope there are respawns in MP or I'll stick to the SP stuff.

Congrats

12. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah you respawn after 4 seconds. Even if you die multiple times

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Aside from controls, one other concern I have is about the depth of tank building. Frankly, I could care less about changing every last piece of hardware and all those details.

Are there preset builds you can purchase as you progress in the game as well? Or do you pretty much have to dive into building your tanks to do well?

I just want to dive and blow crap up! ;)

14. ugdvnr

ugdvnr Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Thank you very much Billy! It is refreshing to read good things. Buttons and hud elements can be placed anywhere on screen from options menu. Similarly, controller buttons can be customised.
    Many thanks again!
    Andrei

15. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    You have some tanks at start. Also, after collecting some nice cards, you klick the "build new tank" button, then you chose the tank class (light, medium, heavy) and then there is a button on the top right which say build best tank. Then a tank gets built and you only have to finish it, buy adding additional,enhancements, like engine cards or rams... But you don't have to, you can die also without enhancements.

16. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    How do you do this?

"Hey Siri, kill that tank over there?"

17. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    Yes, when you build a new tank, one option is (something like) "Build Best Tank"

18. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I don't see any mention of specific device compatability.
    Any ideas on what it will and won't run on for those of us with, uh, more mature devices?

19. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    The App Store says only that you need iOS 9...

20. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Well a more mature device is probably the iMac... :)