Universal Infinite Skater (by Space Inch, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    So intelligent for prime buyers !

Direct to bin...

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    GG 2$ wasted ...

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Now I feel really bad for the people who bought it 2 days ago.... What had the devs in mind?

4. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I thought it would go down in price and I still think it will go free by next week. It would probably need rebalancing to go free though.

5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Lame as hell to drop the price a day or two after release. People don't like that crap.
    Poor behavior, and I will be wary to ever buy an app from these guys again.

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Sad. If I'd purchased would be seeking refund immediately.

7. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    It's two dollars guys!!! Perhaps the developer released it at $2.99 and the sales tanked horribly. Then they reduce their price so that they can make some type of money off of the game while there is a little bit of fresh hype, like conversation here on touch arcade. You all act like you bought a new car and it turned out to be a lemon! I can understand being upset with the freemium aspects, But prices dropping within the first couple days to the first couple weeks is almost always a guarantee. If you want to game the first day of drops, you pay that price and don't make a big fuss about it when it drops in price. You don't need to be a fortuneteller to know that it's going to get cheaper depending on sales.

8. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Sales in two days, IAP and above all TIMERS ?? No way for this game !

9. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    2 possibilities:

1) The developer wanted to take advantage of being featured in the "Best New Games" App Store section, so they did a late launch sale.

Or

2) The developer always planned to make this a free-to-play, and was trying to make a few extra bucks before they dropped the price; the fact that they're featured in the "Best New Games" section is simply a sad coincidence.

The pay model used here suggest it's #2. But with the App Store these days it's impossible to tell greedy developers from green (new and inexperienced) developers. The only lesson I take from a release like this: Being an early adopter has turned into a form of Russian roulette.

10. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Nope. No excuses. Junk behavior like this is unacceptable. I won't be buying this game, and I'll be making a note not to support these devs in the future, either.

11. SoyLocoMoco

SoyLocoMoco Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2015
    I have been playing this game for a week now and I think it's well worth the dollar I paid. It has some issues to deal with. Sometimes my swipe doesn't register and that's always frustrating. The challenges and the money aspects (collected crystals in game) are way off balance.

You go from challenges as dumbly simple as "Jump ten times in the left lane" which earns you a good reward, then you get "Grind 20 times in one run" for 5 basic crystals. Never mind that the game hardly gives you grind rails to accomplish the task, but the reward is a joke. (For those stuck on that challenge, here is a spoiler that worked for me: while on a rail, jump up and duck as quick as you can... each one counts as a grind).

For upgrades, you will amass yellow crystals easily. So the early upgrades are really simple. Then suddenly, you will need hundreds of the harder crystals to get. I upgraded my shield once, and now a week later I still can't upgrade to the next level. Furthermore, the minimal IAP includes a crystal doubler that only applies to the easy yellow ones. I bought it to give the developer some more money (like a tip), but now I have over 40,000 yellow crystals I can't do anything with. If nothing else, I should be able to trade them in for the rarer crystals.

A note about the timer: it only applies to growing grass and branches to give to the spirit animals to open up more parts of the game. You can continue to play at the current level as much as you like. It's paced just fine. Trust me, you don't need to game to progress instantly.

Overall, the game is really cool... nothing original in the concept, but the art and characters are really nice. There are some great visuals, and I am hoping the developer will come out with more.

12. Wizardling

Wizardling New Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Geek
    New Zealand
    Absurdly difficult due to bad design.

Can't see where you're going because any crystal in the air blocks the view, and the pastel colours leave obstacles poorly defined and tough to avoid. Bad game. Avoid. Minion Rush or Subway Surfers are much, much better.