Universal Infinite Skater (by Space Inch, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jan 27, 2016.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I haven't played the game yet, but I'm guessing/hoping that the timer is only for creating stuff for the bosses. If that's the case, that's fine. I mean, Crashlands had timers to craft stuff. I'm not really concerned about that though. What I've been stalling on buying this is the gameplay. I've played SO many behind the back runners, that I'm burnt out. There's been so many different variations on these kind of games that it's gonna take more than a pretty art style to hook me. Who knows though. You know me, I'm sure I'll end up picking it up anyway. Lol

2. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Yeah Runners don't tend to get my attention for a long time. One of the best I've seen in a while is ReRunners. Which they still have in beta. However it's just really fun and a different approach than the typical form. Nice Outter World. Online with other runners all over the place. Different upgrades you can collect along the way etc. No spoilers. But I'm sure they will have a nice hit when it does launch, so long as they get the pricing right.

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Really nice looking game, beautiful art style. Gameplay seems pretty standard so far, not sure if that is good or bad.

4. jstar

jstar New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    You don't spend money to rush the timers and it doesn't block play. The timer seems to tell you when you will get the next spirit animal or boss or whatever. I hardly noticed the timers and I never got asked to pay money while I was playing like a FTP. It looked like the only thing you could buy with real money was double coins forever and something that helped you cheat death when I looked in the menu.

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    took the plunge and bought cause nobody would say anything but here some impressions. graphics and music is incredible really pretty to look at music is really calm and soothing but graphics don't make a amd play is just subway surfers you swipe left and right to change lanes, swipe up to jump over stuff, and swipe down to duck from hitting something. you can grind on rails and stuff but you don't swipe or anything to do tricks it's on it's own. the only IAP I found was coin doubler and 12 revive thingies 2.99$ each I believe. the timers are just for crafting grass or something for the buffalo spirit and you find him while playing and he gives you a gem you can use to unlock new stuff such as new locations to skate at. nothing innovative here but the graphics are really good :) 10/10 art 5/10 gameplay

6. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Nice looking but I'm holding off as this has "free to play" written all over it.

7. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    There is very little actual "f2p" in this game. Y'all are just a bunch of cry babies who freak out at anything with a number that countsdown and costs more than zero.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I couldn't care less about these F2P and timer comments, but I'm genuinely interested in knowing if the game offers something other than...ummm, well...is it just a Subway Surfers-like?

9. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Yep, eff that noise. That's like the ultimate faux pas in a paid game, why do devs continue to do this?

10. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Sorry to break your bubble but I'm not a cry baby. I purchase probably more mobile games than most people on here, I personally have well over a few thousand Android, humble Bundles, Amazon and iOS games I have purchased over the years and have spent a lot on all the stores. My comment relates to the fact I have purchased stuff many times that has just dropped in price within a very short time, worst one dropped in price in less than 48 hours from a couple of pounds to free. Games like these tend to go free to play really quickly, because they are not that unique with game play and they already have items to buy in them. I'll wait it out if it's this price next week I'll buy it. It's not being greedy or moaning it's the sad state of the mobile game stores that's the problem

11. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost

Well I just purchased this game it was worth it to be honest. Compared to subway surfer or temple run this game offers more feature like the spirit animals. The only thing I also need to know is why adding the timer for meeting a new spirit animal. It also offers IAP. But for me getting an IAP is not recommended. For $4.99 you just get 12 reincarnation wheel (used in reviving). The price is too high for me. Anyway, controls are simple and responsive.

12. apargames

apargames Member

Nov 10, 2015
    mumbai-India
    played it, loved it nothing more to say:)

13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    #33 Sash-O, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Meh, a runner for a "premium" price with timers & the same boring 3-lane switching gameplay.
    C'mon Devs where is your creativity? Ah wait, they have nice graphics. ;)
    When it goes f2p I'll give it a try.....not! :cool:

P.S. Nice sound

14. Are there two different leaderboards for those who buy the continues and those who don't? If not, they turned a premium endless runner into pay-to-win????

15. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I tried to check it, but my gc is broken :(

16. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ha! Lmao

17. braindamaged23

braindamaged23 Active Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I dont know what all of you talking about graphics are bad, they are not sharp pretty blurry
    the game is not fun, a worthless clone of Subway Surfers
    BEWARE from this game guys total ripoff

18. stvnorman

stvnorman Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 19, 2016
    European Marketing Manager, big electronics corpor
    Bedford, UK
    Less of a rip off now... Already dropped to 79p in the UK at least. Glad I didn't buy it on launch yesterday but doesn't make it right for those that did.

19. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Already $.99.

20. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    Lol. This couldn't have been more predictable. It'll be free by next week.