iPad Infinight: A Light-Based Adventure

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lambdamu, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    aww man I love these types of contests, but I missed it.
    hmph

2. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Really is a great game. Cool lighting and sound effects. Well worth the price.

I am having a little trouble with an achievement or two not unlocking. So far I have 18 recordings collected but the achievement for getting 10 never unlocked. Might just be me though. Irregardless this is a fun game.

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    really sad... since I won i entered the promo I recieved and it said it was already used...:(

4. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    Wow, thanks toucharcade for the awesome review!!

Sorry my bad on that one. My copy-paste skills need levelling up.

5. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Making the app universal was always on the checklist. We only missed it due to time. That's probably one of the first things we will do. but yes, we have no plans to release a separate "HD" version.

Patch 1.05 has fixed this (along with several minor issues). It should be out sometime next week.

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Congratulations You've reached LEVEL 2 please choose a skill to upgrade

Awesome devolper lvl 5 (Cannot upgrade maximum reached)

Copy&Paste Skills lvl 2(when leveled will become lvl 3)

haha at least you got my name right on it just the code was wrong! You'll reach that lvl 5 one day :D

7. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

No wonder you guys are only receiving good reviews. There's really no feedback to give and that's for sure. If I do find anything that's needed or needs to be fixed, I'll post. A review on iTunes is coming asap! :)

8. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Glad to hear that! Now to iTunes...

9. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I will buy this with the blocks cometh when it releases if i have enough space.

10. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Thank you for the review! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the game!

11. MegaSeveN

MegaSeveN Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Game Breaking Glitch

I got to level 35: Butterfly Effect and every time I try to pick up the blue keycard my game freezes and starts making a horrible sound. I can pause the game and hit restart but it just happens again. Tried rebooting my phone and that didn't help. I'd try reinstalling but that would make me lose my progress, no?

I like the game and all, but I dunno if I'm up for redoing the 35 levels just to (hopefully) continue on.

12. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Sorry to hear that! :(

We are currently scrambling to check it out. I'll update you ASAP about the issue the moment we get to the bottom of this.

13. number42

number42 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    #53 number42, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    thanks a lot for reporting this! Do not delete and reinstall - that won't help!

The error was caused by a last minute change in the door colors of that level :(. It was originally yellow, but in our final hours of testing we found a last minute player exploit and quickly changed it to a blue door before submission. A wrong value was keyed in and voila.

We're really really really really really sorry!!

We've just fixed it and submitted the patch. The level will be fixed once the patch is out.

14. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I finally started Infinight and it is fantastic! The environment is creepy and light/dark aspect is great. The music and sounds really add to the game. Graphics fit the mood perfectly. I do hope that the levels start to have a little more variety and length, but I am pretty sure that they will. I really like the story so far as well.

Highly highly recommended game! I already hope for a sequel! Fantastic job Lambdamu!!! 5-star review coming!

I will wait for the level 35 patch to continue, but I understand bugs do happen and your quick response for a fix is what I love about the smaller developers!

15. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    #55 foxmulderino, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
    Ok...impressions here: the game is innovative, original and perfect to play with a mobile phone.
    The gameplay doesn't annoy and is fun, challenging and requires some brain and some memory, but it's never frustrating.
    My vote: 4.5/5
    The half vote is caused by the lackness of more levels, but I hope in an update (then it will be a 5 stars game).
    Purchase it without esitation..for 0.99$ it's a steal and a deal (i'm a poet in the free time).

The only game I can connect to this one is jailbreak: voice onrush for some elements that they have in common.

Edit: now at level 35...as said above, freezed! waiting for the patch. thank you for your work devs!

16. MegaSeveN

MegaSeveN Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Glad to hear you're working on a fix. No worries, I'm not upset or anything... I know these kinds of things happen. :)

17. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Thanks for the great comments! We're still kinda bummed out about the bug.

On another note, we'll be changing the name of the game to correctly market it as an "adventure" as oppose to a "platformer". internally, we're labelling it as a mystery adventure-puzzler. Hopefully, this will help us with the marketing! ><

18. maddav

maddav Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Loving this game so far! Submitted a review on the app store earlier because more people need to play this.

19. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Thanks! We saw the uk review! It's really encouraging. The feedback is appreciated too.

20. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Can somebody tell me how this game is played in online multiplayer? The video is confusing...