iPad Infinight: A Light-Based Adventure

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lambdamu, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Your co-workers got hungry and went to get some chinise takeout but you passed out of all the excitment from this announcemnet and were brought to the hospital where you met Dr. Shigamebop(Shi-ga-me-bop) and he then brought you to a bed to rest. then while you were gone it turned out Dr. Shigamebop was infected with a zombie virus which spread everywhere in the time you were asleep. The goverment nuked the world but it just so happens that your hospital missed the explosion radius and your bed was also a refrigerator. The goverment then escaped in a space shuttle to the moon. But the rocket launch disrupted the weather patterns and caused a never ending thunderstorm to happen. The reason for your memory loss and confusion was because mutated gophers disrupted your brain waves(and possibly killed all remaining brain cells) by playing justin beiber's BABY! BABY! BABY! causing a memory wipe to occur. your confusion happened due to the fact you had 2 different colored socks on and because you just napped in a refrigerator.

-THE END

2. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

“You wake in the hospital feeling lost and confused. There seems to be a thunderstorm outside. Your memory is gone and everyone has gone.”

What do you think happened to everyone? Post your most creative answers below!

The windows shudder with every one of the long-lasting lightning strikes that crack their way through the sky along with the deep growl of the accompanying thunder. As you wake up on the bleach-white bed of a hospital, you try to recall what happened and how you ended up as you did. The story slowly comes back to you:

You and your friends go out to a movie on a normal, apart from the storm, night. The movie? Only the most freakish, grotesque currently running: Infinight (is it a horror game??) When you're watching you are suddenly sucked into the story and somehow end up in the hospital. Yes, that's it!

You look up to see a movie playing on your in-room TV that is directly above you. Hey, haven't you seen it before? Oh yeah, it's Infinight. *Whoosh*...

That's probably the most creative I can get!

3. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i just sat down to try this game out.

Its been thirty minutes now, and i came here to say how awesome this is!!
    you guys did great! the storyline is getting good too! lots of fun! :D

4. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    this looks excellent, one look at the video sold me! instapurchase. I love a good sense of exploration! Especially intrigued in the collectables for story progression.

5. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    You wake in the hospital feeling lost and confused. There seems to be a thunderstorm outside. Your memory is gone and everyone has gone. You're on a stiff bed in near-complete darkness.

"Augh... So sore..."

A flash of lightning outlines a full-body mirror in the room. You slowly and agonizingly walk up to it, using the lightning flashes and a faint light you perceive to guide your way.

"What the ****?!"

Your body is glowing in a soft light. It appears that you have somehow acquired faint bioluminescence. What happened to you?

Even though you are bioluminescent, the light is still too faint to see very far. Lightning flashes at the window, and you suddenly see a faint blue light in the background. You turn around, and yelp as you see a faintly glowing blue man floating towards you. You panic, and suddenly the room flashes brightly. It seemed to emanate from you! The blue ghost is still chasing you, and you use the quickly fading light you momentarily created to find a door and get the heck out of there.

You don't know where you are, how you got here, how you acquired this power. But you know one thing. You want to get the **** outta here.

--I dunno what the premise of the game is. I noticed that there's a small light around the player, and he can make these flashes of light, so I just went with that.

6. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    #26 Lambdamu, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    Thanks for the comments! We're really happy to hear that!

We are really loving the competition answers so far. There's still a little under 18 hours left in the competition, so get going!

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    “You wake in the hospital feeling lost and confused. There seems to be a thunderstorm outside. Your memory is gone and everyone has gone.”

You then realize that the American football season is over and the Packers continue to be the most storied franchise in NFL history after winning the Super Bowl. You remember that "The Silence" happens each year at the close of the football season through the draft and the Combine. People only start to come out of their hovel once pre-season starts...and that's only when males below the age of 24 start to shake loose the doldrums. Every one else awakens just in time to get their team ready for the fantasy football league and the kick-off of Monday Night Football.

8. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    The Answer

A not so distant star goes supernova. Gamma rays from the exploding star
    shower the earth, breaking through the planets magnetosphere, greatly weakening the once protective atmosphere.
    Over the past weeks, Mother Earth has been devastated with mini
    solar flares from the Sun. Scientists work feverishly to predict when the final
    Superflare will occur. A prediction is made that over half of the earth will be effected by the blast of heat ,resulting in massive fires , loss of communication, and billions of deaths due to the fatal radiation that will follow.

A so called "safe Zone" is calculated and a massive exodus begins. However, the scientists fail to take into account the slowed rotation of the earth due to the original Gama rays that bombarded the planet. When the Superflare
    finally hits, the "Safe zone" is burned to a crisp.

Cut to a hospital 50 miles away from the outer edge of the effected solarflare.

After the tragic motor cycle accident, the doctors try a new procedure to repair what is left of your damaged brain. Your shattered skull is
    reconstructed with plasteel fiber. A small Bio-cyborg enhancement is
    implanted in the damaged brain tissue and the DNA reconstruction sequence is programmed in. Brain tissue begins to grow and
    cognitive function begins once again. But before the process is complete, the micro-electron coil powering the implant dies.
    This results in your memory being wiped from the Bio-cell implant attached
    to the thin wall of your Cerebral cortex. And brain function ceases.

Exactly four minutes later, the backup power core located behind your temporal lobe kicks in and brain function resumes.

One weeks later, you wake in the hospital feeling lost and confused.
    Your memory is gone and everyone has gone. You hear the sound of a distant thunderstorm. The thousands of fire burning around the globe have
    greatly affected the normal weather patterns and thunderstorms are now a common occurrence.

You stumble out of bed , greatly weakened by your lack solid food. The feed-tubes connected to your forearms rip away from your skin as you fall to the floor. You lay stunned for what appears to be an eternity until you notice , out of the corner of your eye, what appears to be a doctors journal laying beside your head. Slowly and with great difficulty, you reach out with shaking hands and manage to draw the tattered book towards you. You begin to read the notations describing
    an accident victims ordeal and the operation and partial success as well as the failure of the complete DNA restructuring. It is not until you see a photo
    of the subjects face that you begin the scream, realizing that you are that
    half failed experiment, the one destined to die in a matter of weeks as the back-up power core, buried in your head, burns itself out ......unless you can find a way to communicate and track down the one man who may be able to help you..............providing he is still alive.

And so begins your search......the journey of life or death.

9. number42

number42 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Hi gemineye62!
    I'm actually one of the designers responsible for Infinight and I must say that we here at lambdamugames thoroughly enjoyed reading your post!! We can only hope you enjoy the game and our rendition of the events as much! You have some pretty neat ideas in there, and since I'm not going to post any spoilers here, all I can say is that I hope you do get to check out the game and have a great time with it!
    Cheers!
    ps. And thanks to everyone else on this thread too for your continued support :)

10. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Just a quick update: 8 hours left in the competition! We've already received ~30 replies from our facebook, twitter and this forums alone.

We would like to hear some honest comments on the game from you guys! Our early game impressions are almost all very positive at the moment.

11. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    question did my answer count as creative?

12. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Of course :D

13. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009

What do you think happened to everyone? Post your most creative answers below!

My story:

My head is spinning after I went on drip. I struggled to get up , leaning on the drip stand for support. Outside the room is plain darkness. There wasn't a single soul in sight. I saw some cloths in blood outside my room. Looking across the corridor are posters of a runaway patient. She is said to be infected with a special breed of virus that the hospital is trying to find a vaccine for. I struggled to walk out in the corridor. SUrprisely, the security guard was not there to stop or ask me where I am going. Next, I saw hordes of undead patients rushing for the kill when they spotted a live patient. They bruthally rip the human bits by bits. The scene is so horrifying that I quickly close the door and rush back to my room and sneak under my bed. Luckily, I have my iPhone 3GS in sight. I set my volume to silent and dim the light of my iPhone to prevent detection. On my IpHONE, there is a weird looking game called INFINIGHT. I use my fingers tap on the game icon and I went to explore the game. I need to find out where is this game from. My best bet is google and I find out toucharcade forums is discussing this game right here right now. The story of the game is exactly what is happening around me. Can anyone help me get out of this mess now? Please...the undead are trying to get into my room now...I don't have much time left.

14. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    i gotta say still think my answers probably the most obvious ;)

15. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Competition Closed!

A big thank you to everyone who participated! The promo codes have been sent out to everyone. Here is the list of winners (in no order)

TA Forum winners:
    Serian, ikemike, gemineye62, fireball926, nikhsterboi, Coledaddy, Wizman

Facebook winners:
    Liam Christensen, Josh Ng, Luca Di Prosero

We personally thought that gemineye's post was the best! We hope you enjoy the game and looking forward to hear from feedback/comments!

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thank you for the code! I hope to post something on iTunes over the weekend. I'll pm you my alias.

17. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Looks very interesting! Thanks to TouchArcade to make this game more apparent!
    Now my question: any plans for iPad? Should I wait? Or is Infinight going to be universal (given that there is actually plans for iPad).

18. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    thanks for code.. and i know it wasn't in order because mine wasn't first! lol:D

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Those screenshots/vids really don't do Infinight justice. >_> Great game you guys have here. Congrats!

20. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the code! I'll try to get a review up soon!