iPad Inferno Pool (now $.99)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nickels, Nov 5, 2008.

1. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
  2. #2 wastedyuthe, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
    Thanks for the heads-up. By the looks of this, you are either racing against the clock, or racing against AI opponents, as your potted balls are put on their table. Interesting idea. However, I like to play Pool because it's something I can take my time with, and plan a strategy. So this particular game, while looking pretty good from the screenshots, isn't for me. I'll stick with VP.
    Fair play for them bringing something new to the 'table' (doh!!) ;)

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I agree with wastedyuthe on this one.
    While the game does look very appealing visually, I agree that pool is meant to be played with strategy in terms of lining up your shot just perfectly..also thinking about where you want your ball to end up for the next shot etc etc.
    While they are offering a new variety on gameplay, it sounds to me like this will turn into a mini-putt style game where you just rush and keep pushing your ball into a hole so your opponent gets another ball, rather than rewarding a perfect shot that took some time to line up.

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Price dropped to $.99

I already have virtual pool so I'm debating wheter to get this or not.

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Same here. The gameplay seems very different. The only complaints in the app store I saw were people complaining that it doesn't sport standard pool, but if you already have Virtual Pool it shouldn't really matter.

6. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

Virtual Pool is probably the only pool game I'll ever need