Universal Inferno+ - (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 30, 2012.

1. #101 Connector, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    How do you get on that list anyway? If a company pays money can they get on the list? And I wish they would make the list a top 40 or so, that way more apps could be on there everday. Since this game is new, can it make the list for next week?

Edit: wow, just noticed I'm a senior member now. What an honor. Guess with the volume of garbage that comes out of my mouth, I got to this level fast. Cool!

2. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    I've been sitting here for the last hour trying not to be depressed about it. I got the teaser trailer out 3 weeks early (and TA posted it), the game was on all the "what's coming out Thursday" lists, and it's generally considered my best game. I'm at a loss.

If someone has a contact at Apple, I beg you to please PM or email me. Or if you have any advice, you can PM/email me as well.

(Sorry for the wallowing in self-pity)

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Definitely give it a week. All your other games were featured, and this one has gotten the most attention so far if I remember correctly. Sometimes they feature certain games a week late..for whatever reason.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    OMG I just unlocked new game plus and it's insane :D
    Forget what I said about the difficulty being too low.

Also, Apple are fools not to feature this. It's a disservice to their customers. And while I don't usually use that list, I know people that only discover new games through N&N, WH, and GOTW/EC, and friend recommendations.

5. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    No, I meant that I didn't think anyone here would care about those lists. Obviously some people are influenced by them.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I see. I'm sure most of us here aren't influenced by Apple's choices when deciding what games to buy weekly. It's more about seeing Apple pick the best games for their customers when making these charts.

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Sure. Or about having developers have the resources to make the games we like. That makes sense. I've just never even thought to look at these lists, myself. I wouldn't even know where to find them.

8. #108 Connector, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Princess fairy tale maker makes Apple' featured games list, and this one doesn't? Wow, what is this world coming to.

Well, I for one will vouch for your game radiangames, even though my opinion doesn't mean much haha.

I sure hope you get on the list next week because I know if a developer doesn't get on that list it can really kill sales for big name titles. Dual stick shooters and shmups never seem to get much love from Apple on their featured lists even though for me, they are some of my favorite kind of games. It seems like Apple seems to favor puzzle, hardcore, and driving games more.

Edit: daviddesj, the list is in the apple store, featured, news and newsworthy.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Everyone who got this and likes it, make sure to leave a review if you haven't already. I have no idea how Apple determines noteworthyness, and I'm not sure anyone does, but a bunch of satisfied customers can't hurt ;)

10. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yeah..I also notice some games get featured a week later (unless I'm imagining it). I hope Apple will feature it sometime. I left a review earlier so hopefully that helps a little...

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Imma look for my post here and copy paste it into itunes to help out... If it does help out.

12. I did my part in the reviews! I even put my handle and touch arcade in my review for brownie points.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Submitted my review. Edited my post here a bit, and copied it onto PH itunes appstore.

Questions with reviews, are they seen internationally? or do they just show on the appstore location you are registered with?

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You see just your country.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Figures. But i guess apple has a way of collating all the star-ratings which can help them make their N&N and Featured apps lists.

16. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #116 amusing Grace, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Left a five star review in the store, too.

New Game+ is awesome, btw.

17. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Amazing game! Some things I'm a little confused about but I'm sure it'll be clearer the more I play. So you can't go back and play previous levels? The only way to do so would be to start a new game? And if you die you always start back to the last level you were playing, as in no 'final death' that has you start back at level 1? Is the incentive to beat the game or to get high scores? And lastly, I would love to know if I had missed any secret rooms in a specific level. Is there any level map or markers that tell you if you missed any?

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You can't go back to previous levels in the same game.

You can always restart from the level you died on.

Beat the game, I don't think there is a score. Think of it more like an adventure game or dungeon crawler with dual stick mechanics than a typical shooter.

There is no map or marker. You just have to explore. When I finished a level, I usually work my way around making sure I don't see any enemies or pickups remaining behind any walls, so I know that I haven't missed anything. You will know if you find all the secret levels since there's an achievement that you get for finding them all.

19. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Gotcha, thanks! Don't know why I keep thinking of the gold you collect as points, I know I spend it and my total keeps decreasing haha. I'm allowed a derpy moment or two once in a while... ;)

The reason I asked about a marker or something is that I accidentally touched the exit in level 9 I think when I still had tons to do in the level and was kind of bummed there was no way for me to undo my mistake or see how many other secrets I missed. Oh well.

I'm LOVING this game though! Perhaps my favorite Radiangames game yet, or it's at least tied with Super Crossfire.

20. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    How's this game's replaybility compared to Ballistic? (as in, how infinitely replayable this game is before getting slightly tedious)