Universal Inferno+ - (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 30, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Spent a couple hours on this already and it was a great time.

Graphics are really fluid and are pretty much in the same effect as with Fireball SE and Ballistic SE and the controls are spot on, with some customization that were adapted from the games mentioned.

Sounds still have very low volume, but they are there, and the tunes are very catchy.

Gameplay is astounding. Dual stick shooter controls layed out in a Dungeon Crawler style. Keys that open doors, enemies that are stationary but shoot you from a distance, enemies that follow you around, it is all there. Skills are also bought and activated in shops found all throughout the digital dungeon.

Inferno+ is a very tight package and even is on par with Super Crossfire and Fireball SE in terms of intensity and enjoyment that these games offer.

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    The question for me is not whether or not this game is amazing, but whether I should only buy this instead of buying this AND Ballistic SE (since I currently only own SuperCrossfire). My concern is whether the two are different enough to own both. If I had to choose I'd go with Inferno, but I was interested in Ballistic before I even knew Inferno was coming out. Maybe go with Ballistic first since it seems to be a simpler version of Inferno? Any thoughts?

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Ballistic is the Arena mode... Inferno+ is the quest mode. Something like that. Both are excellent DSS games and I'd recommend them both. Together with their little brother Fireball SE.

You can never go wrong with these games. You've seen Super Crossfire. :D

4. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    So basically... this is RadianGames' Gauntlet..... I like how that sounds

5. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Fireball SE

Do you own it?
    If not it should be at the top of your list.

Please at least check out the lite version if you dont have it yet:
    itunes.apple.com/us/app/fireball-lite-edition/id525720197

6. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    i want to buy this but noticed all other radiangames eventually dropped in price for a sale. may hold off

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    You need those AND Fireball SE.. They share a lot of characteristics but their gameplay sets them apart... All are absolute must haves, and since you already have Super Crossfire you know what quality to expect grom Radiangames

Fireball SE: Avoid enemies while luring them into traps to destroy them with the help of slow motion
    Ballistic SE: the aggresive side of Fireball, where you take enemies down with awesome firepower
    Inferno+: The gauntlet version of DSS. Combat, exploration and awe. All meat no fat
    Conclusion: If you can, buy them all

8. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    It's funny how everyone worships Super Crossfire, it's my least favourite of RG's catalogue. Maybe I'm just too fond of DSS.

Anyway I have with Inferno+ the same tiny concern I had with Ballistic SE: Some of the upgrades I can't seem to get their effect.
    Maybe you could help me please :p
    Ballistic SE: Power Blaster.
    Inferno+: Power Shots and Stun Push.

9. Sumosplash, Inferno plays similar to Isotope, you can download the lite version and get a feel of this game. That game is very fun too, and this game is even badder with better graphics, controls, and gameplay.

Ballistic is more like a regular dual stick shooter, but with three distinctive traits. First the enemies kind of all look the same "circles", second, you run into bombs like you do in fireball and they explode causing the enemy to explode (of course you can always fire too), and three, weapons can be upgraded after levels which is cool.

So you ask, if I had to choose, which would I choose? Well, before, I would have said hands down Inferno since I felt that Ballistic had some flaws in the sameness of enemies (all circles), stay in the corner shooting method, and mob like enemies with not to much AI that just seem to swarm you and overwhelm you.

But radiangames has done well in listening to feedback on threads here and has fixed a lot of things in Ballistic in the last update yesterday. First you can no longer sit in the corner, the enemies are starting to look different, and the AI of enemies is getting better.

Now, I find myself playing Ballistic more and more, so it is getting very close on my list with Beat Hazard and Infinity Field hd. I think with one more update, Ballistics could have the potential of passing them up.

So it is getting a little bit tougher of a decision which to choose. I would say if you like rpg elements like gauntlet or isotope, buy inferno, if like Infinity Field, buy Ballistic.

But I recommend buying all of Radiangames. I like how they are updating their games constantly. Thanks for the new ipad retina graphics for Super crossfire hd! You guys rock! And thanks for the new backgrounds in fireball se, they are fun, can you add these different colored backgrounds to all of your games?

Sumosplash, let us know what you buy, I'm curious to see which one you decide to buy. Or heck, be crazy l like most of us here, and buy all of the radiangames, haha!

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Turns the center projectiles you fire into devastating power shots.

Power Shot seem to be about the same as PB in Ballistic. Stun Push is one of my favorites. It... well it stuns and pushes enemies ;) not particularly useful against weak swarms that die instantly but great against tougher enemies and especially useful for holding off those black orbs that can only be killed by bombs if you don't have bombs or want to conserve them.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Amen brutha...

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Inferno+ rocks. Radiangames rules.

13. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Okay, thanks a lot for the explanation ;)

Also, just out of curiosity, which of the 4 ships do you prefer/use most?

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The only differences afaik are the shot type and shield type. I have hardly used shields so far (largely thanks to push/stun and what I feel is fairly low difficulty at the middle setting), so can't really speak to those. As for the shots, I initially expected I would like reflex better, but I have actually fallen in love with the homing shot. I think reflex probably takes more skill, and the game i started on volcanic difficulty I'm using that (annihilator ship or whatever its called), but the homing shot is just so much fun :D Both are good though and add variety/replayability. I've been using the defender in the game I've played furthest in on the middle difficulty.

15. #95 Connector, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Wow, almost forgot their are different ships you can use. Played this game for one hour, then started playing radiangames other games because all of their games got updates at the same time, interesting the timing on the updates.

Guess tonight will be another radiangames night. I will try out the other ships and weapons and give some feedback tomorrow. Cheers.

Oh before I forget, I love the use of drones in this game. It makes the game much funner. Can you please add drones to Ballistic too radiangames? I think that would put the icing on the cake for that game.

Are there different kind of drones in Inferno? I gotta check that out tonight, if not that would be cool to have different kind of drones, a cool one would be drones that orbit my ship. That would rock!

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Juggernaut. Because he's one of my favorite Marvel characters. :D

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's shocking that isn't one of Apple's Editor's Choice games this week. What's more shocking is that Inferno+ isn't even featured among the 18 other games on this week's N&N list.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    WTF? That's just low, Apple. At least a New and Noteworthy mention wouldve at least sufficed.

19. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I'm shocked that anyone pays attention to Apple's choices.

I guess publishers have to care, but I couldn't name any game that has or hasn't been on their list, in the past year.

20. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #100 backtothis, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Wait, so you think more than 5% of AppStore customers check out dedicated iOS websites like TA? These lists are all most buyers have to help them decide what games to buy every week/month. The games on these lists are the ones that succeed. Last week's top feature is currently number 7 on the paid list.