Universal Inferno+ - (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 30, 2012.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NEVER!

Seriously though, TAKE MY MONEY x 12! :D

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    He didn't say this game nor Ballistic was a RPG. We said that it has RPG elements. A game that is a RPG and a game that has RPG elements are extremely different.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Out in Europe, downloading now :)

4. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    The icon seems ok both on iTunes and on device (Greek AppStore). The game is totally rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really awesome work guys!

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I thought this utilised iCloud? I just loaded it up on my phone after a session on my iPad a few hours ago, but there is no option to continue, only start a new game. All settings/preferences are reset as well.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    No, I wasn't expecting an RPG. I just wondered why the RPG elements seemed to be stressed here more than they were in Ballistic/Fireball/Super Crossfire --- all of which do have RPG elements with the upgrade system. Didn't know if I was missing something that made it a bigger part of this game.

No biggie. Just semantics. I like the upgrade system.

7. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Going into options and setting iCloud to off then on again allowed me to choose my save from iCloud and continue. Should be looked at as it seems like a glitch.

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    While they all have upgrade systems, this also has level exploration rather than arenas, and bosses. Also, Radiangames describes it as a deep upgrade system, though from screenshots it doesn't look much different from those found in their other games. They also describe it as having elements of both gauntlet and geometry wars. How can you go wrong with that :D

9. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeap exactly this worked for me too.

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Another top notch quality game from Radeongames!
    I really dig this.

The exploratation elements set this game apart from most other dual shoot games I have played, the graphics are great, and I like round too, like the Dev. :D

I've only played 'till level 8, but the pace is great so far. Playing on normal, the difficulty is starting to ramp op now.

Also, the controls are spot on.

If you like dual stick shooters, you need to get this one.
    It's different and it really sticks out from the pack.

11. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Still a problem though: went back to the iPad and now the game does not update with progress made on the iPhone. Not even after turning the iCloud option on/off numerous times.

12. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Thanks for the report and sorry for the trouble. I'll try to figure out the cause of the issue ASAP and hopefully get a fix submitted by Friday.

13. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    This sounds interesting. I ll check it out too...

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Out in the US :D

15. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    nice take on gauntlet, will add it to the list.

16. #76 Connector, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Great game, I bought in one second without even thinking because all of your games are great. I have all of them, hopefully someday you can also make a up down shooter better than cave!

This game reminds me of Isotope, and I like it. Plays well on my new ipad. Also thanks for the update on Ballistic, the new anti corner algorithms have made the game much better and a lot of that is probably due to feedback from Gabrien and others. Maybe you can add a colorblind mode with more shapes, not just circles haha.

But on to this game, I highly recommend this one. It really is a well made game. I'm glad there's getting to be more dual stick shooters for the new ipad, cause I buy almost everyone that comes on the market and radiangames makes awesome vector based games.

First thing that popped out of the ballistic upgrade was a rating, so I rated a lot of your games five star, then next I saw a plug in more games for inferno. Interesting, I had no idea this was going to come out today. Maybe it is a good way for a company to promote a new game, issue updates on all there games with a plug for their new one.

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Played it a bit and got up to stage ~22. It feels like an "abstract" (can't think of a better word) dual stick shooter with light rpg elements. I only played a little of Isotope lite so can't compare to that. It's kind of like the campaign of PewPew2, but you level up. Or a dual stick Gauntlet... There's hidden rooms, and bonus exits (exits that lead to a timed room with a bunch of gold). The controls are spot on and customizable..and is what we expect from Radiangames. Seems like every 10 levels is a boss fight. I'm playing at the easy difficulty and it's pretty easy so far. The second boss is a bit too easy for my liking as I basically just fired toward the boss from far away.

The only main negative I wish there was a "help" section explaining what some of the power ups are..but most are easy to figure out.

Overall, another hit from Radiangames!

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Now this is a no nonsense DSS done right. Nonstop action that takes quite a bit of strategy on the higher difficulties, nice visuals/sound, a fun upgrade system, etc. I enjoy the corridor-like level design. It's a nice change from open-field arena DSS. Grabbing Ballistic SE asap. Only RG game I'm missing.

19. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Game Impressions

I am in level 18th now.... this game owns... thanks Radiangames for making this... always wanted an adventure DSS game with RPG elements.... so good, this game is AWESOME, best 3 dollars spent in a while

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to that brotha Frost. This is $3 well spent.