Universal Inferno+ - (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 30, 2012.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Sorry for the Fling question. You tell how in touch I am / pay attention to accessories for the iPad/iPhone. Quite honestly, while things like this and the iCade are fine and dandy, one of the reasons I game on my phone is its portability.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im curious... Is there going to be a launch promo like a 50% off or something like that? :D

If im right, this'll sell at $1.99 like the last 2 releases.

3. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    If there's an Easter egg to find then blast
    I'm in:)

4. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    I concur. But i only use my iPad when I am at home. And with the bigger screen, the fling has made games like this much easier.

Back to the topic: I agree that Fireball was more fun for me than Ballistic. High hopes for this one.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The Fling things are small. I have two of them and they both come with a little pouch and fit easily into the pocket of my sleeve case. So they are still pretty portable. But I'm not really recommending them as I haven't used them for real yet. Oh, and they are relatively cheap on amazon. I think I paid $17 for two of them.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    $2.99 this time, and no intro sale like Ballistic. I honestly don't think devs with quality games at that price or under should have intro sales. Anyone who gets pisse because a great game goes on sale and they bought it at full price at release is just cheap and doesn't deserve quality games :p

7. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I guess I'm in the minority that prefers Ballistic over Fireball because I feel the game lasts longer (200 waves). Maybe I will revisit it and get the one achievement lacking-beat 3 countdowns...

At 11 Eastern, buying Inferno right away in case it gets pulled. It looks trippy and awesome.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, I liked SC a lot. Just bought Fireball SE. Reminds me of TTL and Silverfish. They're definitely my kind of game. Will grab Interno+ tonight.

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    For me:

1. Super Crossfire
    2. Ballistic
    3. Fireball

And just because of the length, 200 waves compared to 8. Fireball is more enjoyable overall (the small arenas overcrowded are so much fun, and the feeling) but Ballistic has more cool stuff like upgrades and way more length

Lets see where Inferno+ fits in... glad its not pulled yet

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I actually still love Super Crossfire the best of all of the Radiangames. I wasn't sold on Ballistic but now actually like it more than Fireball.

Although I wasn't entirely impressed by the XBLA version of Inferno, I'm sure I'll pick it up anyway. For some reason I've come to enjoy DSS shooters more on the iPhone than on my 360 so this may be no different.

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    +1

+1

+1

EDIT:
    Inferno+1

12. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Instabuy for me come. Guess I won't get much sleep tonight... :)
    Love Radian Games, and with this release, they have enough games out to deserve their own folder on my iPad... :D

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    For me, the gameplay of Fireball just goes way beyond what typical iOS games offer. My entire body tenses up when I'm activating the slowdown and weaving impossible patterns through the quickly narrowing corridors within a mass of moving orbs. It's a full body experience of tension, excitement, and intensity that is very gratifying and I can't say I've experienced before from any iOS game.

I think we can all agree at least that Radian makes great games, and it's cool that there's enough variety that people can have their various favorites.

Now bring on the Inferno :D

14. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ

100% in agreement

15. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Never played any of there game before. Perfect time to start. This looks so dope!

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    For the record - Fireball is my favorite game - so far.
    And again, this is a no-brainer and instabuy tonight/morning.
    But i had the same thoughts as Gabrien already pointed out...
    circles...

17. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Update: I was very fortunate and Apple allowed the critical fix. It passed Review and the iTunes icon should be updated soon. Sorry for all the drama.

FYI: I like circles (RADIANgames).

18. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Awesome!

Didn't buy Fireball or Ballistic because they didn't look like my type of game I'd enjoy, but this definitely seems like my type of game! Action-RPG elements and DSS!

19. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Can't wait! Looking forward to the RPG elements.

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Everyone, including the description, keeps talking about the RPG elements, but isn't it just like the ship upgrades in games like Ballistic? If so, that was an "RPG" as well.