Universal Inferno 2 - (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Oct 1, 2014.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I've found at least for myself that even with genre I love, I really have to be in the mood for games sometimes. I was already looking forward to this game and spent time in the last week playing the original. So I was in the right head space for it. But man this turned out to be a huge week of releases. Still this is all I have bought thus far... and as much as I anticipated it I've been low on game time so I've only made it to chapter 2.

2. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Just FYI: I added 3 new options for missile controls, and tweaked the default Toggle option. 1.01 should be out in a 8-10 days if all goes well.

The new options are:
    * Double tap move to toggle missile mode.
    * Double tap fire to toggle missile mode.
    * Missile button above fire button.

I'll post the full list of fixes after it goes live.

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #63 Andy C83, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    Ha @ the INFO on level 41. Cheeky devil. Inferno 2 is such a good game. And I've been playing with earphones today, which I don't normally do. It really does add to the atmosphere. The more I play this, the more into it I'm getting; yet another sterling effort by Radiangames.

Bombcats SE is still my favourite, though. :D

/leaves an Andy C83 shaped hole in the thread door.

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Got into this a little bit more tonight. I may have spoken too soon because I'm slowly coming around. One thing I would like to see is more color variation.

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Awesome follow-up to Inferno +, my favorite Radiangames title. Haven't got very far yet, (too many games!!!) but plan on spending more time with it today. If it's as good as the first, awesome. If it's better, then bonus!!!

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Looking forward to trying the new controls, nearly finished with the campaign on Hot but having better missile controls should make Volcanic really accessible.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same here. I loved the first Inferno as to me it was a 'vector/neon' type of Gauntlet game, same for the sequel. Played a bit and loving it, very impressive

8. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I'm early doors in the game and have no problem with the missile button yet. Maybe later.

9. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I haven't really been using the missiles at all. Well I have used them for some non combat stuff. In the heat of battle it's easier to find cover. Same for shields in the first game. I never really bothered to use them. Still finished the game but I did use bombs. If anything that's where I'm finding this game a little more difficult than the last, there's no satisfying equalizer like the bomb for crazy situations.

10. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    This game is awesome.

11. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #71 nightc1, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    I'm to the point where missiles are required... So I think I'm going to hold off on progressing till after the update. If anything, I wish the upgrade system were simpler. Trying to figure out what to upgrade seems a bit too complex for me to care enough about. I really loved the simplicity of the weapons system in the first game. I'm probably alone in that though which is fine. Maybe I'll downgrade to easy just to play through the game without messing with upgrading anything.

Edit:

Went ahead with an easy (Warm) save and am finding the game a lot more fun. Also not caring about upgrading for twenty levels or so made it easier to understand how all of this works. Still I'm going to just play on my easy save till the end before moving back to hot. Really the missile controls don't bug me. I like that you can change missiles and weapons on the fly. I'd definitely recommend Warm mode to newbies or people feeling confused by the way everything is upgraded in different ways. And to think I rarely ever even try an easy mode.

12. TwirlingFern

TwirlingFern Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Stuck on level 16 exit

Great game, but I'm stuck on the level 16 exit.

This level tells you to fire missiles into the wall. It's a bit difficult to see when blasting a wall with a missile has an effect. I blasted the one by the info.

The exit is surrounded by solid and transparent walls. At the exit I tried to blast through all the walls and move through the walls, but I cannot get through. How do I exit?

13. TwirlingFern

TwirlingFern Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Nevermind, I found it. The ball on the right side is a teleporter. Maybe a help bubble would be good.

14. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Glad you figured it out. On my Warm save I breezed past this level and couldn't remember... and I'm still a level or two behind on my Hot save so I wasn't quite there yet to help. My rule of thumb is to clean out enemies and check every part in a level before moving on. If something looks new I see what it does.

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week nominee
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Inferno 2 was successfully nominated for Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week poll. Come and vote for your favorite release while the poll is open over the next three days.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=244299

Developers cannot vote for their own game. Participants may not create an account just to vote

16. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I picked up JoyJoy for free from Starbucks and wow! Just picked up Inferno+ and have played for an hour. Hard to imagine a more perfect game. I really like the upgrade system and the level design is awesome.

Reading about the missile issue and upgrading complexity of Inferno2 is giving me pause. Infrno+ May be the perfect version?

17. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

So, is there any way to blow up or get past the red circular barriers? I'm stuck on level 32 or something, basically just able to teleport between two enclosed areas with no pass-thru or blow-up-able walls that I can see. Except for those red barriers ...

18. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It's like picking Super Mario 3 over Super Mario World... both have enough stand alone uniqueness that it's worth it to own and play both. I like the simplicity of the upgrade system in the first game, but level design becomes quite predictable overall where as here it changes often enough to stay fresh. The missile button issue, I don't really feel it's a problem now that I'm used to it.

Oh and then there's the similar game to this by the same devs, Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville. It's also worth owning and playing with it's more Metroidvania style world.

Really just about everything by Radiangames is exceptionally fantastic.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This.

20. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Are you sure it's level 32? That level is pretty simple in terms of getting to the exit (middle right of the level) and doesn't have any red barriers.

Email me ([email protected]) if you're still stuck with the level number and I can help you out.