Universal Infectonator (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by slewis7, Sep 25, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's shocking that while a zillion apps are being updated to support the iPhone 5's screen, this doesn't even have retina support in the first place. Hell, even the icon doesn't seem to be retina enabled. The game's fine, but just feels incredibly cheap and shoddy in comparison to the Flash versions. No polish whatsoever.

2. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Shocking. Call in the App Police to have them hauled away in chains.

Or maybe different people care about different things.

3. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I love this game!! I had never heard of the flash version before this popped up on the App Store.
    This is a must buy, and for 99c it's a steal!

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Round of applause for the comedian, please!

This is an Armor Games title. They've built a reputation on the App Store for putting out some really great titles of a certain standard. For people such as myself, it's easy to just blindly buy any of their games and leave happy, but for some odd reason...especially at a time like this, it's just shocking (yes, shocking~!11!111!!!!!!) that this has been released in the condition it's in. It's half-assed and certainly doesn't meet that standard I've come to expect.

In the end, yeah...different people do care about different things, but that doesn't mean I should settle for a rare steak when I ordered it well done.

EDIT: inb4allthisfora$1app/comparinga$1apptosteak

EDIT 2: If you're a man and you order steak anything else than rare, please return your testicles and leave the hall.

5. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    The thing about video games is, they aren't cooked to order. Each developer and publisher decides to target a particular market. Sometimes a market that cares a lot about graphics. Sometimes one that cares a lot about theme, or story, or music, or gameplay, or strategy, or depth. Etc., etc., and in all possible combinations. None of these strategies is wrong, because the market has lots of different segments.

6. dragooN22

dragooN22 Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Has anyone finished the game yet? Wondering what carries over in NG+?

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im currently playing NG+, but i dont remember anything being carried over, except unlocking a new zombie, which i dont think is an NG+ exclusive anyways.

8. SeppTB

SeppTB Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Really enjoying this thus far, but the sound level on start up bothers me!

This game is overriding my phone's silence and volume levels and not saving my settings when I reduce in game volume to nothing... so every time it starts up it blares full blast. A bit embarrassing the first few times I tried to play it after downloading it in my cube (which I hadn't expected would be an issue, my phone was silenced!)

Anyone else run into this?

9. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Maybe it's got special code built in that detects that you're playing when your boss thinks you should be working.

10. shadowhawkx

shadowhawkx Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Oo I remember this game, it was awesome! Now I think armor games should do a port of necronator, that game was beast!!:):):)

11. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Sometimes all of my zombies are dead but the game just goes on and on. I have to quit the level to continue.

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This what happens to me every time I play the tutorial. Problem is since I have close the app to exit the tutorial, it never registers they I have done the tutorial, so all I can do is play it over and over. Am I really the only one this is happening to?

13. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Well, I don't have to close the app when it doesn't register that i've lost on a level, I can just choose "Quit" from the Pause menu.

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Apparently that's not available in the tutorial. Either that or there are two bugs I'm experiencing. Tried reinstalling and everything.

15. HungarianUrinalCakes

HungarianUrinalCakes Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Having the same problem as you, Royce. Not sure what to do about it.

16. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    does anyone know if the doom demon is pay only I dont see it anywhere on the zombie select screen?

17. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=156974][​IMG][/thread] [thread=157303][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156503][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156964][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156728][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=157463][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156986][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156979][​IMG][/thread] [thread=157549][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156965][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]INFECTONATOR[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    26/09/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to turn people into zombies?

[size=+3][thread=157332]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

Poll close
    10-04-2012 at 07:37 AM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

18. patch732

patch732 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    U.S.
    The Toge Office is a tough level! The "boss" there is a beast and keeps destroying all of my zombies before they can knock'em out! How did you all approach them?

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I destroyed every other city but that camera man just annihilates all my zombies instantly with a shower of grenades or whatever they are no matter what strategy I try. I suppose I could buy a zillion support items to take him out, but that just doesn't seem like it would be right. I'm definitely interested to hear how people have beaten it.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Timing is key. I dont know how far i got into upgrading when i completed the normal mode, but you have to time it to allow your zombies to multiply first with their kills before they come across the camera man and the reporter. That should swam them, and then that's the time i cast Kil jong (forgot how they spelled Kim jong il's name, LOL) and your other powerful summoners together with your other special zombie, right beside them.

Once you deal enough damage to the reporter, he will stop attacking and attempt to flee.