iPad Indigo Ocho

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Petrus, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Petrus

Petrus Well-Known Member

#1 Petrus, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
    NOTE: There are threads about this but they are primarily promo rather that game discussion.

Indigo Ocho is an interesting spin on the labyrinth concept. This game adds obstacles which are primarily other balls which indigo (the ball with soul) can possess. Though the graphics are a little rough, it is quite enjoyable to play.

Gameplay.

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305576697&mt=8

^ If that doesn't work: [app]Indigo Ocho[/app]

Sorry dunno about pictures, first thread.

2. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Wow! That looks damn cool. Considering a purchase. Wish there was a demo, but the video will probably be enough to convince me.

Thanks for the tip.

3. Spitfire3775

Spitfire3775 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    lol. it was a free download last week

4. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

That's okay. $2 is close to free....except that it isn't...

:eek:

5. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I tried it when it was free. The levels are so short it's confusing because they'll be over before you even know what happened. I wouldn't recommend it.

6. You obviously didn't play it long enough. The levels are arranged pyramidally. They start out small and gradually get larger as you go.

7. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Well it wasn't good enough to keep playing.

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    As Mindfield said, the game is actually very well thought out, and the levels get deeper as you progress. For some, there are issues with the ball speed, but IO is pretty good especially with the 3D graphics.

9. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    agrree,

P.s: im poster # 101000 in the games forum :D

10. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    the games actually pretty cool but i might b a little bias cuz i got a promocode hehe

11. Your main complaint seems to be that the levels were too short, which is exactly what they aren't if you keep playing.

12. Petrus

Petrus Well-Known Member

I kinda agree for the earlier ones, but for later ones it's a real puzzle

13. indigo8

indigo8 Well-Known Member

Indigo Ocho Level Shortness

We're about to release a small update (ie, 1.1.1) that slows the ball way down (like 1/10) at the beginning and then speeds up to about where it is now by level 20. It makes the early levels a lot more fun than they used to be. Hoping to submit this update tonight, possibly tomorrow morning.

14. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    ohh good to hear. ill get the game when the update comes out.

15. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    I think Indigo Ocho is already pretty good but the slight tweak on ball speed will help me a lot. Look forward to the additional levels.

16. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I agree...however, I think the ball should be a little slower all the time. It is sometimes very hard to move correctly. Why does the ball have to move so fast?

17. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    The ball definitely has some zip on it which makes it difficult. There are times when I'm trying to get through these lanes and it takes several tries. I think if the dev adopts the same speed used in the labyrinth games, Indigo Ocho would be great. We'll have to wait and see how the update turns out, and at least, he's listening to user feedback.

18. indigo8

indigo8 Well-Known Member

Indigo Ocho Version 1.1.1 Submitted to Apple

Should be out in about a week.

The change -

Slow ball in the beginning and speeds up with higher levels. In the main game, it never quite reaches the speed it was before.

Thanks to everyone who reviewed the game on iTunes! Maybe we'll turn the tide and move it up in the ranks..

19. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    My main complaint so far is the warp speed of the ball and how it jumps to the end so quickly. I feel like the game is rushed and that everything happens so fast I can't keep up with what is going on...

The game is really good though, and the promo code has no effect on my ability to spot crap.

20. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    You know you should add this to your email sig.