Universal Indigo Lake - (by 3 Cubes Research Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 16, 2013.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You could always cover your eyes during the scary parts ;)

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Bought and downloading..I hope it's as good as you guys claim

3. Starting to play, looked more FPS like, but different than I thought.

4. D-Vader

D-Vader Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    This was the fastest $2 I ever spent on an iOS game.

5. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    A must own... Seriously, this will take the cake for me personally tonight as far as game of the week choices for next week. A lot of good games tonight, but this one takes it for me!

6. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If you think Indigo Lake is good at the beginning wait until you get to the last half... things really get spooky there. You people don't even realize the treat you are in for. The climatic segment is one of the most atmospheric and memorable on iOS... if you can figure out how to get to it.

7. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    This is the best horror game on the AppStore. I have to ask though, I can only find 8/9 pages... Can someone list all the locations or give me any tips? Much appreciated. This is a masterpiece, ThreeCubes.

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I missed that one the first time around too...
    Check near the start of the game by the coast of the lake...
    ...nailed to a tree where the camera is setup.
    Other than that they are each in the cabins... the cabin above the dig site has a note but might not be as obvious.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Did you get the second note on the way just outside the docks? I think that's the one that's missable since the first few minutes you'll be testing out the driving and that you'll still be messed up by the game's atmosphere.

I know i missed that coz i restarted from the docks twice, only to find out on the third playthrough (i was walking) that there was a note along that first road, right where there is a camera on a pod, by the coast.

10. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks! I missed the second one a ton of times. Many thanks both of you!

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow. Just wow. Loving this. The atmosphere and effects definately make this the creepiest game I've played on iOS. Amazing what they did with this game with such a small file size. This game is way underpriced at $1.99.

If the dev is reading, I'd say change the description to say it's an introductory price and at least double it after a bit.

Haven't played a few things I downloaded tonight yet but I have little doubt that this will be my GoTW, and as others have said, will likely be remembered in my GoTY noms.

I'm exploring, but sometimes think I'm going a little too fast. Guess that's what second playthroughs are about (or backtracking if I need to).

Turned on the picture in picture. Funny and cool little feature. Gives you even more of that Blair Witch Project feel.

Don't hesitate on this one guys.

12. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I'd like to say I'm tired and need to go to be being that it's 2:00 here, but I legitimately got spoke haha. After playing first chapter of device 6 with its eerie atomosphere I decided to just start the first part of this before going to sleep and dammit got spoked.

13. I'm a little bit confused, what exactly are we supposed to be doing at first?

14. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    To start with explore the buildings around the lake picking up the notes

You can rotate your device to upside portrait to see the objectives/last note you picked up.

15. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #75 Platyrrhine, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    Was playing this in the dark and something jumped out. It set me on edge, and then within five seconds my kitten pounced on me. Normally adorable but I nearly lept out of my skin.

I know I've only just started but this is scaring the hell out of me. I am not a big horror fan as I'm easily scared (bet you never would have guessed!). I like the game but probably won't sleep for a week.

16. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    This was a no brainer for me, bought immediately. Can't wait to share my review because I'm such a horror fan. These guys deserve to make lots of money!

17. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    #77 TheEvilRobot, Oct 17, 2013
    I want to congratulate you on a beautiful game! The atmosphere is very immersive! Congratulations!

One thing though, I experienced 1 crash while I was playing and had to start over.

The crash was occurred at
    the 1st house

Is there a way to save?

18. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Lol

Hey, if you have a spoiler please type this:

[spoiler ] *insert your spoiler here* [ /spoiler]

^ no spaces

I'm not sure if the
    peekaboo
    is a spoiler, but I'm glad you didn't make it that far yet, so if it is a spoiler it's
    at the beginning of the game

19. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #79 ThreeCubes, Oct 17, 2013
    If your on an iPod 4g make sure you do a reboot first.

Yes you can save. Rotate the device to portrat (upright) and click on the save icon(files with arrow pointing down). Then click the green confirm. You can then load from the icon above the save icon.

20. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Is there iCloud saves for multiple devices?