Universal Indigo Lake - (by 3 Cubes Research Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 16, 2013.

1. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Are there any 5s optimizations?

I really want to try this out but I get scared very easily haha. It'll end up being a late night purchase. 6 more hours!

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #22 ThreeCubes, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    The 5s came out a little to late for our development cycle to put in anything specific but that's not to say it wont look great. The next update will have a few more options to turn more things on, we are waiting a bit to here what apple release on the 22nd.

I think the slightly wider screen of the iphone 5 and ipod 5g actually gives it a better movie feel.

The game was not developed to be a totally in your face constant jumpscares. its actually a very slow paced game. In many ways not a lot happens in the first hour or so. eventually the action does heat up but again there are breaks in it to balance things out.

3. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Game seems pretty nice. It I will wait for controller support

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    My sentiments exactly!

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #25 undeadcow, Oct 16, 2013
    Glad you "guys" got something out of my impressions, Indigo Lake is a winner. It kept me gripped for a while and was especially scary playing at night in the dark. I really enjoyed the end segments.
    I love the initial subtlety of things... which makes it feel really wild, intense when you stumble on things. The atmosphere with Indigo Lake is great always with a subtle hint that something is going to happen, feeling like it's just outside of view. It's nicely paced. I love some of the specters and wish I could talk about them without spoiling the experience for others. My favorite encounter wasn't an obvious ghost...

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    "First iOS game that actually puts a bit of fear in me for real." - EP

Think I'll play this during daylight hours then :) I want to enjoy a game... Not be scared stiff!

7. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Well if you start crying blood I would take a 10 minute break.

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    But getting scared is part of the enjoyment.

9. Is it compulsory?

10. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Yes its in the EULA for the game.

Section 7.8(b) - Should player begin leaking blood from any part of the body (eyes, nose, ears etc..) one break of no less than 10 minutes must be taken.

Its right after the bit about accidental possession.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Exactly.

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

@undeadcow - this game is really 8 hours long? That's a nice chunk of content for an IOS game.

Also how's the performance on iPhone 4?

13. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
  14. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Hey ThreeCubes,

I hope your release goes well. I know you guys are one of the " good developers" out there. I'm getting this tonight because I was a huge fan of the woods. I know quality when I see it.

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #35 undeadcow, Oct 16, 2013
    I spent at least 8 hours playing the game but the developers seemed to think the game was shorter than that. It could be I got carried away roaming around or stuck for a bit (some puzzles were challenging). Knowing most solutions I now think I could totally race through the game in a much shorter time but to naturallly enjoy the game for the first time (even with some hints) it took me at least 8 hours.

16. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Wow...that's extremely impressive. I can't even imagine how they achieved such good visuals on older devices, and have it run smoothly, and be only 100+ mbs

Must be magic

17. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    #37 The Gamer Dude, Oct 16, 2013
    Man I'm excited for this, it has that alone in the dark vibe, such good memories :) and I'm glad to hear that the puzzles are challenging. Roll on 11!

18. otggamer

otggamer Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I see 'The Woods' is currently free in NZ, will that be Free in the US as well, when Indigo Lake launches later tonight?

19. iLLcAtTiViSsiMo

Jul 17, 2013
    Where did this cone from? Looks sick. Totally curious about this one.