iPhone Indies' Lies (by Func Games & PlayBest)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Sep 23, 2021.

1. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    shhhhhhhh. No questions, just got with it hahahahah

metalcasket likes this.
  2. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    I think the game is just really that good. I tried it and loved LOVED it more than Slay the Spire. The always-online thing for a singleplayer game just does not make sense, which is very, very dubious.

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yep, there’s a lot of very good rogue like card games on iOS. But I think this may take the crown as the first one I can honestly say might be better than Slay the Spire.

Ijipop, metalcasket and pathogen541 like this.
  4. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #44 mastery51, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    The game is definitely fun and there is lots of options for strategy! I am definitely enjoying it when I can! I also notice that once you make a connection to the games server and start a match you do not need an internet connection during that game. Which i think is good to know. I can get one game in on the go.

Ijipop likes this.
  5. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Just beat two runs in a row, one with Oleg, Sigourney and Perry, the other with Oleg, Diego, and another character who’s name I can’t remember.
    This is game is FUN. For real. The talent system is really awesome and makes for varied runs as talents available are different every time. I’m loving the different characters and the different play styles of each. Also, there appears to be at least 8 difficulty levels, if not more, just not sure what else is there. So much content, loads of unlocks. I’m freaking hooked.

Edit: cannot recommend Oleg and Sigourney on the same team enough. Olegs high attack damage and poison couples EXTREMELY well with Sigourneys crazy thorn cards, not to mention the card that turns thorns into poison…. Can get some RIDICULOUS poison stacks going on.

syntheticvoid likes this.
  6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    100% agreed. Know how I said I couldn't put down StS in favor of this earlier? I lied. I've been playing it all weekend.

7. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Soooo I finally unlocked story mode and damn just a another layer to add to this game. It looks like a mini rpg like story with quests and a map and everything you would think. Built into the game we love. I think it will be a single adventure no companions. But I only played it a bit and it was cool. Met a character that gave me two talents, someone gave me a card, I was attacked elsewhere. Typical little rpg story and map reminds me of puzzle quest.

Beat level 2 with wizard. That was a fun one. Had a great team. Insane cards and sooo many talents. I just kept getting them plus bought two and fought for one. Awesome run.

Attached Files:

8. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    ^^Damn he beat me to it!^^

was going to say I unlocked the Story mode and it’s as described above a story driven run with different side things and options to pick. Really blew my mind if there is one of these for all the characters I can see many many hours in this game!

and yes it’s no longer a conspiracy when there are facts LULZ

Attached Files:

syntheticvoid and elcrazy like this.
  9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    metalcasket’s lies.

10. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #50 mastery51, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Looks like they are considering an offline mode!
    [​IMG]

11. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    if it goes offline, I will buy those two damn in-app purchase pack things.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    OFF-TOPIC: Y'know what's hilarious? I said "all weekend" as if y'all weren't still having your weekends. Weekends here in Oman are on Friday and Saturday. This still does not compute.

13. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #53 aconfusedkender, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Just beat the Story mode with Albert and shit was that fun! I had a row and a half of talents by the end of it lol. Not really at all like the regular StS mode. Very much a narrative, with some battles and lots of cool choices to make that give you a pretty buff ass end champ. The final boss didn’t even touch me lol

So I unlocked 3 new starting talents for Albert, which seems to show me some even MAWR depth to this game. Attached is the picture I took after I started another Albert Story run (on accident) soooo I’m not sure if there are 4 different stories for Albert or if maybe the ??? includes the other characters stories as well…this little game has more and more to unlock it seems and I’m going headfirst! Starting a Karma run now to see about her unlockables…stop it…and will keep you posted when I can.

Attached Files:

Ijipop and elcrazy like this.
  14. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    How do you unlock get ALBERT to join the ‘Candidates of Akeem’? It’s the only clue I cant seem to unlock!

15. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    It's a random event in one of the question marks spots on the map; it's clear from the text so if you run into it you shouldn't have a problem in recognizing it.d

16. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I thought it was just picking the starting bonus when you play with him. You have 3 options when you start a run. LG, CA, etc…those are the factions/houses. If you click through the menus enough you’ll find the different factions. Those LG/CA are just abbreviations of the full names cause of space I assume. Just pick the CA one when you start a run and you should unlock it. Pretty sure that’s what I did cause I was stuck on that one as well.

soooooo…there seems to be 4 story lines for EACH hero so far. Karma has 4 separate story lines like Albert does. Have no clue what you need to do to unlock them. Thinking you’ll just have to play the story multiple times with each hero. Again Story mode is very narrative based and not a badish storyline…but the events are pretty bad ass. I’ll play the Karma story and have to let you’ll know.

17. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Ok I’m a Boomer LULZ there is only ONE Story for each character. That screen with the 3 ??? Is just the different chapters of the same story…

well it’s still an easy extra 60+ minutes of gameplay per hero! Plus you unlock extra stuff when you do finish the story, so it’s worth it.

Attached Files:

18. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Unless i picked a CA starting bonus without knowing it (i never realised the faction/houses on the starting bonus) i was pretty sure i unlocked it in a run when i chose to "join a new religion" and the text was talking about Candidates of Akeem.
    I might be wrong though and might just have been a coincidence...

19. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Cheers….the CA option had not appeared before….several restarts later and I got it!

Ijipop and aconfusedkender like this.
  20. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    This is an amazing game which I would pay a lot more money for! The major downer for me is the need to be online. Pre COVID (and hopefully again soon) I used to fly a lot and sank hours and hours (and hours) into Pirates and then Slay the Spire (also recommend Battlevoid Harbinger - not a card game but amazing replayability).
    I don’t think the online only aspect is piracy related, I am sure it is Chinese Government type-stuff (different rules apply to international peeps than those in country), it would be sooooo good if they could have one check on sign in (like some other games) and then leave us to it!