Universal incurve (by Riku Tamminen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RTamminen, Jul 22, 2015.

1. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I played a little bit last night. Fun! Hard! I have some scores to chase...I did make it to the first checkpoint. I love how the white dots have a magnetic power and the different trajectories make incurve really challenging. Great background colors (that change at each checkpoint?). Must tear myself away from Pac-Man 256 to play more of Incurve.

2. RTamminen

RTamminen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Hey paulkane, glad to see you got your downloading issues sorted! Yep the colors change every checkpoint,
    just to give some freshness. Got already past the second checkpoint? :)

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Almost missed this game,

If this game makes the grumpy slam happy then it must be good.

(Teasing)

4. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Please share your impressions about the game, i'm really curious. :)

5. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Haha - just started to play it when your Game Center challenge came through. Was going to try and get 100 before calling it a night but I fear that I'd never get to my bed. One question for Riku (and you don't have to answer). Does it go on forever or is there an end?

6. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Like slam, I was hoping to get to 100 before going to bed, thought I'd only been playing like half an hour but it's actually been an hour and a half.
    It's can't think of anything negative to say. I like how it gets increasingly harder, but without feeling impossible, I like how you need to pay attention to what's going on above you as you progress, to kind of plan your route and avoid obstacles. It gets quite tense as you approach the checkpoints, one ill aimed release and it's tricky to recover.

I love it. I hope it gets a bit more attention on here and also the AppStore.
    ETA I loved piƱa too.

7. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Ok great!
    Was it easy to catch the idea for you too? That seems to be my biggest concernes about the game. :D
    glad you got some competition going on there! And about the foreverness, i maybe would call it foreverish. :)

8. ApplePie

ApplePie Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Very interesting idea! Can I finish or win the game or it's endless?

9. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It was, took five seconds max to figure it out.

If it worries you I guess you could add a quick animation of a finger pressing down, kind of like how crossy road has a little hand showing swipes? But honestly, I'm as thick as two short planks and if I figured it out then I think you have no worries :)

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#30 Anotherkellydown, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Hey, RTamminen!

I've been enjoying your game for a little while now, it's really fun chasing high scores (especially when your friends, *cough* cloudpuff *cough*, send you GC challenges with smart @$$ comments attached). ;)

The gameplay mechanics were easy for me to figure out. The only thing that took a little while was realizing that walls would appear and disappear, or rotate and stop rotating, depending on if you were touching the screen or not. IMO everything's pretty clear the way it is.

I'm going for the top spot!

11. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    I'm thankful for the comments, and got a bit inspired for easing out the interface design.
    Oh and cloudpuff, 5 seconds ain't that bad, but i might be able to design it for aiming 3! :D

Also good point on the walls and rotations! That makes sense, since the animations are pretty quick and not so noticeable.

Now you go for the top spot and i'll go try to make it a better experience for you people on the way up there on the top spot.. :)

12. maynoam

maynoam Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    128! Really fun and unique game, and just found the mini-game I didn't see before (Was it there before the update)?

The only thing which bugged me was the inability to get the same checkpoint again after getting additional points which I missed, but not critical. Initially I reached ~78 only to realise I probably should have gotten ALL the points along the way and did a reset to start over.

13. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Nice!
    Yes mini-game has been there all along. :)
    About reusing checkpoints, that was something i made at starters, but soon it felt that it gave too much advantage for collecting points.
    (as in collecting points and falling over to lower checkpoints)
    Great to hear you liked it!

14. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Man - I'm working away from home this week and just got back to my hotel to find that AKD has smashed the 100. Hats off, sir.

15. Anotherkellydown

Thank you, thank you... :p

When cloudy sent me the Game Center challenge this morning, I knew it was on. So I reset my progress so I could get every point along the way. It's getting harder as I get further up!

16. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Oh, I thought the points came from height. Imma starting again too. Have you tried the mini-game. I actually like it too.

17. Anotherkellydown

I don't know where the mini-game is. How do I get to it?

Edit: found it!

18. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Hiding in plain view.

19. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Thanks for keeping my seat warm Kelly #
    Just a quick tip. You don't actually need to restart to get those you've missed.

there's 128 nodes and when you get to the top, checkpoints are reset and you start at bottom to collect the ones you've missed with a starting score of 100

20. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Ah yes cloudpuff, thanks for clearing that! :)
    You can lower yourself from the checkpoints and collect the ones you missed,
    but a single checkpoint can be used only once during the gameplay.

You guys are really getting the competition on :D