GameClub Incoboto (by Fluttermind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Stepan33

Stepan33 New Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Got It!

That was the sort of kick we needed, Dene! The 45th star we were missing wasn't hidden so much as "camouflaged" (to our eyes) at the top of a pole inside a forcefield on Domain. Once we saw it (thanks to your screencaps and our finally noticing the "star-pointer" on our screen), we were able to solve all the fun little power-ball and button challenges and grab the star. We're now poised at the gate (sounds like an airline announcement) to Dreadthought and ready for more impossible tasks. To paraphrase Alice's Queen in your new Wonderland, Dene, "Why, sometimes we've solved as many as six impossible tasks before breakfast!" Thanks for this absolute beauty of a game!

2. Omnias

Omnias Active Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Texas
    Is there any chance in the future that some new things could be added to this great game? For example:

Changing icon to cool multicolour icon displayed on App Store
    In game or pc level editor with sharing
    Expanded universe or sequel
    Multiple save slots

These would be greatly appreciated if possible, and great work on the art and corporation slogans?

3. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    While an in-game editor exists, the things I had to do to make them work together with the 'compiled-in' scripting means it would be next to impossible to wrap it into a cohesive whole worthy of a release.

An expanded universe probably isn't happening because...

...all my effort is going into BeMuse - Incoboto's spiritual successor.

Icon and multiple save slots are a potential reality, though.

4. Stepan33

Stepan33 New Member

Feb 28, 2013
    #464 Stepan33, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    Wheelturn Apostle Orb 65?

Any hints on getting the 65th orb in the Wheelturn system on Apostle? I've tried every combination after turning on the power tower (which temporarily turns off the shield around the orb in the tree), but can never reach the orb before the shield turns back on--sometimes just a billionth of a second before I reach it by jumping through the teleport tower. I've read here that if something seems impossible, there's probably another solution. Or is this one just a matter of sharper timing and swifter finger work?

[Later]: Just found the twitter conversation Dene had on this problem with another gamer. That's all it took! Onward and up...

5. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Has anyone had an issue with Incoboto on the iPad Mini? I've had one player reporting that text screws up in a really weird way. Anyone else? Help much appreciated.

- Dene

6. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I have a mini, but have never tried this game

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oO

Incoboto is a MUST own...

If I could gift with iTunes credit, the game would be yours...

Wish Apple would change that... =oP

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Deciding between this and Mage Gauntlet. I enjoy puzzle platformers and it's cheaper than MG. I was wondering:
    1) how difficult
    2) how long
    3) any replay value

9. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Exciting!

10. Bronxsta

I finally got this game. Not even five minutes in and the art style/atmosphere is amazing

[​IMG]

I'm so ready for Bemuse. A weird roguelike with rituals and untrustworthy demons that can help or hinder you? Instabuy

11. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    For anyone who cares, there's a big fat post-mortem on the Fluttermind site, with bits of the code (all of my physics, in fact), the entire sprite-sheet and some fairly blunt, honest reflections on both iOS and indie development in general.

Might be of interest,

- Dene

P.S. Prepare for a large, rather revealing set of blogs over the next month. My whole ethos as a developer is changing, and I think you guys will enjoy the ride. Luciferi Excelsi.

12. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Thanks so much. Bemuse will be darker, bleaker, blacker and probably banned in a good number of states (much like one of my much, much earlier releases).

I'm utterly changing my attitude and ethos as a developer, so you'll see a lot more of the development process over the coming months. If things go as planned, I'll pretty much be giving away every part of my development process, code and all.

13. Bronxsta

Yeah I was reading your blog. Your openness and your relationship with the TA community here is what ultimately sold me on Incoboto, even more than my love for puzzle platformers. I'm kind of an indie enthusiast so I love supporting up-and-coming devs and devs who release quality IAP-free premium games on the App Store. There are only a few devs whose games I'll buy instantly on launch (Foursaken, Rocketcat, Radiangames, a few others) but I'll be adding Fluttermind to that list

I have no idea how Bemuse will play besides being a procederal roguelike but reading your plan for interacting with the demons sounded fascinating. If you plan to release on PC, you got my vote on Greenlight if you go the Steam route

(And if you're looking for an awesome roguelike to play on PC, I'd highly recommend Teleglitch. It is so good, insansely tense)

14. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Teleglitch? Cool - I shall look out for that.

FYI: In the spirit of complete openness, BeMuse isn't going to be a roguelike. It'll have Roguelike-like elements, but it's fundamentally not a combat-focused game. Combat would be too... pleasant. If I do it right, it's going to be a game for liars. :)

15. Bronxsta

#475 Bronxsta, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    Been playing more, up to Bleakstorm.
    - Love the messages and how they can imply an entire story in only a few words. And the Corporation billboards can be pretty funny, in that GLADoS wit kind of way. (If you can complain, you can breathe. If you can breathe, you can't complain.)

- At first I was worried about the controls. I usually prefer on screen buttons but the IM touch controls are perfect. Responsive, intuitive, the controls are great

16. Bronxsta

Okay, still on Bleakstorm, Thought, have 24 pieces There's one left in a forcefield and I just can't figure how to disable the forcefield.

The others puzzles in this area were great. Figuring out that
    the pod explosions can move objects
    was a great Aha moment.

17. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Screenshots will earn a solution.

18. Bronxsta

[​IMG]

It's probably something so simple and I'm going to be upset cause it's staring me in the face

19. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Your previous spoilered revelation should solve this puzzle for you. All the pieces you need are right there in that screenshot. I see an unlit spark sphere, and a lit one.

20. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Game Impressions

I'm a little late to the dance with Incoboto, but finally picked it up.

I will be the first to admit that it took a little longer than I would have liked to enjoy the game as much as I am at this very moment. It builds somewhat slowly, and there is a certain degree of familiarization one has to embark on to truly feel in tune with the experience. That being said, the wait definitely becomes worth it. Incoboto is a closed flower that opens wide with Helio's sunlight. I have made it as far as the BrightSky system and, without giving away any of the delights this level has to offer for those who haven't played it, the door to the mechanics of this game have been blown wide open. Whereas in the beginning things felt a little sterile and boring, these worlds are becoming rich and exciting. There is so much more going on, with the mechanics of previous worlds building upon themselves, while also building upon various environmental factors of the new worlds, which is truly making the experience twice as immersive. I don't know exactly how far I have to go, but I'll say this: I am taking my time, sponging up this relaxed, wild ride.

This is a very special game. I don't think I've played anything quite like it before.