GameClub Incoboto (by Fluttermind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Incoaddict

Incoaddict New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    #441 Incoaddict, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    Stuck on pity

I have been doing so well until now. Just can't reach that grapple and have tried all sorts of jumps from the serenity platform, as well as how I jump through the portal from serenity, but nothing seems to work. Would really appreciate some help.

Never mind just kept trying and after an hour I got the angle of the jump right!

2. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    A general rule of thumb: if a jump seems impossibly hard, there's probably a different solution. I think that jump is one that has quite a different solution. ;-)

3. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    BAFTA nomination

I'm rather thrilled to be able to tell you guys that Incoboto has just been nominated in the 'Best Mobile and Handheld Game' category of the BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) awards.

For those who don't know, it's kind of like the British Oscars - a really respected institution. I was at Lionhead when we picked one up in 2009 for Fable 2 in 'Best Action and Adventure Game', but that was a team of 100+ people.

I'm both impressed by the BAFTA committee's pushing of videogames as an art form, and humbled by the other games nominated alongside Inco: The Room... The Walking Dead... yikes!

4. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Fantastic achievement Dene and well deserved.

5. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Hope it wins something there! truly a masterpiece of gaming ^^

6. Nudge nudge wink wink

Feb 16, 2013
    Hi,

I've been stuck on planet Sincerity in the Merrymeet system for days... anyone know how to get the starpiece shown in this screenshot?? :)

I've been trying to attempt jumping through microportal on Pity in the right way so that I jump in through the moving microportal on Sincerity to be able to land on the correct ledge, but it seems impossible. :confused:

Attached Files:

7. spudhead

spudhead New Member

Feb 12, 2013
    #447 spudhead, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
    Wheelturn

Hi all recently discovered this ingenious game. Very impressed that it's the work of one man. At the moment however I'm going quietly mad stuck in the Wheelturn system. I can't find a way to light the last sparksphere generator on Donald...

Edit: Solved it - just a matter of timing :)

8. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    You're right. It is. Look for another solution... higher up. :)

9. Nudge nudge wink wink

Feb 16, 2013
    thanks Dene. I'm still stuck, have been trying to jump across from the ledge above and to the right (i.e. from this screenshot) but it's just too far away...no? Unless you're supposed to microportal to it from somewhere?

Attached Files:

10. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    If I remember correctly, you just have to jump left from there at the last moment and keep pulling left: hard. It's a jump I still miss from time to time. Let us know if you make it!

11. Nudge nudge wink wink

Feb 16, 2013
    Just the job... Got it now. Thank you! Man that's a hard jump though.... Still, I feel my life has begun again. :)

12. Hianogames

Hianogames New Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Cool game. Really liking the style.

13. Nudge nudge wink wink

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm at 99 stars, stuck in a loop between the Gateway and OneBreath systems. I've got the last 24 no problem, but now there's no more starpieces signposted. The only staying telling me which way to go is the exclamation mark over the gateway. Whichever side of the gateway I pass through, the exclamation mark stays over the same gateway. What do I do next..??

Attached Files:

14. Nudge nudge wink wink

Feb 16, 2013
    screenshot from the adjacent system:

Attached Files:

15. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    If you've found your way back to Gateway without 100 stars, then something isn't right. You've missed a star somewhere back in the latter part of the game. Unfortunately there's no easy way to figure out where: you're going to have to use the main map and explore a bit more... and pick up a few star charts on the way!

16. Nudge nudge wink wink

Feb 16, 2013
    #456 Nudge nudge wink wink, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
    Found it :). and now it's all finished. I felt that the game was wonderful. Could play it all over again!

Still not sure what caused all the suns to die in the first place. Was it definitely the Corporation? Or 'us', having used up all the universe's resources?

17. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    I've never made this clear before, but the game's been out for a year and I don't feel bad about removing a bit of the ambiguity now.

The moral is really simple:

"Ultimately, YOU as consumers make corporations what they are. You have the power to make or break them by choosing to engage, or not engage with their activities and products. Stop abstaining from responsibility. Every enviro-catastrophe is YOUR fault as consumers."

But, there are two more things I won't clear up just yet.

1) Who made all the puzzles and why.
    2) Exactly what the Shadows are and how they mess with peoples' heads.

18. Stepan33

Stepan33 New Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Stuck on Perish

Greetings all! First off, thanks to Dene for such a fascinating and challenging game, and to others of you for such interesting observations on Incoboto. My grandson and I are loving it! Right now, though, we're stuck on Perish with 44 stars. The game is directing me to the 45-star gate, but we can't find that last star needed to open the gate. We've solved every challenge that we can find in the Kindword system, and for the last week we've gone through everything over and over, looking for some hidden possibility. I did read of another player stuck at precisely the same spot (Mystitite). Any chance I need to start over? I'm trusting this isn't a bug, but the longer we retrace our steps and try every conceivable jump, click, lens search, and gravity swing, the more we're worrying--especially because the game is telling us to head for the 45-star gate. Any help (or even reassurance) will be mucho appreciated. Thanks!

19. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    The good news is that if you got to this system, then there are no missed stars. It's gotta be in there somewhere. I'm not in front of a computer now, but are there any Shadow creatures still on the level?

20. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    [​IMG]

This shows ALL stars (both current and future). It should help you a bit.