Apple TV Impulse GP Super Bike Racing - New Split Screen Multiplayer on Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by EcoTorqueGames, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Impulse GP Super Bike Racing http://toucharcade.com/games/impulse-gp-super-bike-racing

You can now race this crazy fast and smooth futuristic racer against your friends on the big screen with our new SPLIT SCREEN MULTIPLAYER mode with game controllers. :cool:

Let us know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Bought it. Looks good and works fine with the Siri Remote. Very recommended racing game! (It's an "extended" universal app btw.—buy it once, use it on all iOS and tvOS devices.)

Now I need some game controllers for the local multiplayer mode. Can you give me a QUICK recommendation, please, for a fine and robust allround game controller? I phoned around here in Vienna but Bluetooth controllers seem to be a rare thing (Mad Catz and Nimbus not available anywhere). Will a second Siri remote work for mp games? Other brands, please.

And PLEASE make it 3D (stereoscopic)!!! That would be AWESOME for a racer. Have a look at the games Nanosaur 2, Bugdom 2, or Air Wings (needs special glasses and a tv set that supports 3D) with the new Apple TV 4. It's a complete different gaming feeling—it's the best thing since iPhone 6. Pure FUN! Impressive! Thx in adv. That goes to ALL devs. Make REAL 3D games plz.

3. ImpulseGP

ImpulseGP New Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Hi Habakuk,

Nimbus is the best, try to order it on EBay maybe? Unfortunately we can't recommend anything else (don't buy the Stratus, it doesn't work well with high speed games like ImpulseGP). Apple doesn't allow another Siri remote.

Thanks for the suggestion about supporting 3D (stereoscopic), we will consider it.

4. Showmelater

Showmelater Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Hi,

Just bought this one, really nice game, i like it :) Don't play that long thou, if there is any jumps or something that would be awesome, is there not please include it :p

5. Showmelater

Showmelater Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    I found the jumps whoohooo ##

6. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Got my 2 Nimbus and they are very recommended! There was a "critical" update due via—Bluetooth (iOS compagnion app)!

When I choose local multiplayer (two controllers connected) in Impulse GP Super BR there will be a third player with an image of the Siri Remote. In the split screen the third player is present as well. And you can control the buttons for this player via Siri Remote BUT not the direction (tilt). Bummer.

7. ImpulseGP

ImpulseGP New Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Is it possible that you switched the steering mode to Slide (sliding the thumb left and right on the Touchpad)?
    Start a single player game and change the Input to tilt, then go back to multiplayer and try it again.

8. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    So,the Apple TV version supports controller but not the iOS version?I would still love to buy it if it ever gets MFI support ;)

9. Erik Veland

Erik Veland Active Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphics are incredibly smooth. Split screen racers are a fav in our household. Problem is, we rarely play alone. So is there any chance you can unlock everything for split screen racing (ala Beach Buggy?). One track isn't much fun to play over and over, no matter how silky that 60fps is.

We are having troubles with the ghost third player with two nimbus controllers. It seems it always wants a player to play with the Siri remote no matter what. :/

10. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    This is super exciting.. I'll be buying this game.. can you add mfi support to the ios version too?