Universal Imps in Tokyo (by We Are Vigilantes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 16, 2015.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Wld love to play this with my DS4 controller. I use the 'controllers for all' tweak on so many games.

2. we|are|vigilantes

we|are|vigilantes Active Member

sorry for this waiting we've been struggling a bit with the review process but it should be all fine now so we expect 1.1 update still this week!

We've added MFi controllers support in 1.1 update (live any day now) so you should (hopefully) have a lot of fun with your DS4 :D

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Good to hear, i've been keeping in in my ipad after playing only the first couple of stages, waiting for the vstick to play it!

4. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    Derp!
    I was looking forward to the update and then I remembered I hadn't bought the game, I'd just tested it for MFI.
    I'll have to wring the last few cents out of my iTunes account.

5. we|are|vigilantes

Good news folks! 1.1 update is live :) for v-stick/MFi support just go to the pause menu and choose joystick.

Just give us a shout if you have any comments on the update/game. Happy dreamcatching!

Mario
    Team Vigilantes

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I want to say I love the V-Stick...but man, I really, really wish there was an option for a fixed stick. It seems like my finger's still going all over the screen with the new controls. :(

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I brought that up while beta testing, I believe...

I got over it, and it eventually clicked... But I'm glad I'm not the only one that had that thought. =oP

8. we|are|vigilantes

Thank for your feedback guys!

As regards v-stick - any choice you make is a bit flawed. We've put a lot of thoughts into this and decided to go with follow-type v-stick (as also encouraged by some testers' opinions). In case of fixed v-stick it is easily to lost control/connection with v-stick/Imp when your finger goes to far and it goes quite often as it's... virtual... no real edges/borders like in case of real controller. We could make it fix all the way meaning you never lose control/connection no matter how far your finger is but... then your finger would go all along the screen without any reasonable reference to v-stick being still in some one place thus creating some big confusion :)

It's all about trade-offs but we listen to you very carefully guys and will reiterate once we'll find some really good solution to this. Please keep posting us with your great ideas, we appreciate it a lot!

Have a great day,
    Mario
    Team Vigilantes

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
  10. we|are|vigilantes

Hey Noen, nice video and we're excited that you like the game and music so much! :D Hope you gonna like all the next levels the same or even more!