Universal Imps in Tokyo (by We Are Vigilantes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I'd like a promo code. Thanks for your consideration

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'd love a code if you've still got one!!

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #24 Hambo12, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    I would love that last code. Thank you :)

4. we|are|vigilantes

we|are|vigilantes Active Member

Okay, all promo codes are gone. Enjoy Imps In Tokyo and leave some impressions here :)

5. we|are|vigilantes

we|are|vigilantes Active Member

You're such a great guy! It's definitely our DREAM to make another instalment of Imps and we clearly need to earn some bucks now as we quit our jobs and spent savings just to make Imps In Tokyo. Thanks for all great tips abut Osaka and Nara, we'll consider them in upcoming updates, however our plan for Imps 2 is to take them to some western city far far away :) Keep your fingers crossed and we'll keep you posted!

6. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Damn it! So interested in this Game and the las code is gone :D

Gotta wait for some reviews and imps then :)

Thumbs up devs!

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Aww what I actually saw the first post about codes the moment it was posted but didn't even read it all the way. Fml.

Anyhow I may buy it next week or so. I've got my spending limit this week :p I do love anything with a Japanese setting :)

8. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    this game so so gorgeous I got a code and have been playing it for like hours. it's really weird at the same time though but it's really fun and hilarious when your character says something such as "poison is love" or "feeling dizzy?" im going to try and make my friend buy it since I got a code and I got to give back somehow d: great game!

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    What is this like? It looks gorgeous, but is all the gameplay what we see in the gameplay video? Are there characters / abilites you can unlock, different game modes, or other cool stuff like hats or scarfs / stuff like that?

or is it just missions with certain story characters?

10. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    well it has different characters such as one with a poison tail you use to kill the uhh bad guys and you collect green and yellow bubbles and you have to get the green one first to make they yellow ones green and it gives you more points and no hats or scarfs but their is funny quotes? :D

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Alrighty, well, right now, I'm only 2 stages in - but I was wondering if you were going to include a way to skip through the dialog parts in stages as well as before them? Replaying for goals can get kind of tedious when you have to sit through all of the dialog again.

Outside of that - in stage 2, at the end, the 2nd character (the poison tale sister) dropped down to the bottom of the screen at the end and I couldn't read the dialog when the brother came back. I couldn't move her back up, so I didn't catch what she said... I did replay the stage and see, but I thought I should bring it up.

The gameplay so far is pretty interesting. I'm curious to see what all you did with the mechanics and characters further on into the game. The graphics and animations are great, and everything runs very smooth on my iPhone 5... so I'm sure it'll run even better on newer devices.

GC Boards and Achievements, of course, will help with replay value for a lot of people... myself included.

Thank you very much for the code! I'll be sure and check back after I get further into it. =oD

12. boodro82

boodro82 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    There is a "hold to skip" button on the bottom left side of the screen during the dialog parts.

13. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Those screen shots and 5 star ratings are making my butt wet. I haven't been this excited since I was an 18 yr old girl watching Fifty Shades of Grey with my homegirls.

14. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    For those who received codes I'd appreciate hearing feedback. The graphics looks great but I'm not usually into what seems like more of an arcade style game? I'm getting a bit old and figured out that my speed is a bit more turn based, strategic, and even match games.

Coming from the original pong using the touch screen for games that were more console, arcade, fps is to difficult for me! Haha...

15. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I'm definitely having fun with it.. Sometimes my finger obscures what I'm doing but that's not a deal breaker by no means.. Dig the vibe and the artwork.. Only on level 3 so I'll post some more impressions later.. Again thanks for the code.. ###

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thanks, I knew about the pre-level skip ability, but I'm not seeing any hold to skip (and it's not skipping) inside of the levels, which is what I was talking about ^^^ up there

17. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Soon as I saw the art style I bought it! The preview did not disappoint either. Can't wait to sink my teeth into this tonight.

18. botomatic

botomatic Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Really liking this one! But I really think devs should make one more control option, one with virtual buttons, or just a wheel or something in the bottom corner. The finger covers up to much of what happens I think, which is a damn shame since I really like the artstyle and graphics! Hope devs can implement this in an update? :)

19. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    The game is pretty fun and looks great on iPad Air. Wish there was some type of upgrades for your characters (maybe there is I'm only on level 4). The music is calming which is nice. Having fun with it so far.