Universal Implosion - Never Lose Hope (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Oh it's not worth even worrying about anymore considering the way some threads seem to go.
    Consolation can be gained by knowing one is playing a game that is a genuinely perfect fit of this type of game to mobile and in a very impressive package anyway.
    I'd guess that there is some aliasing or related bug of some description present that will get sorted in an update but even if it never gets fixed or isn't a bug, no matter, the game is extremely impressive anyway and those "distracted" by it were probably never really going to appreciate the special experience we are getting here with is one and are only doing themselves a disservice in the end.
    In saying that, I do hope it sells in vast numbers and hopefully it's featured store position sees some solid results for it because it is the type of game worth supporting.

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#142 Anotherkellydown, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    Concerning the graphics: they look great to me. I was too taken in by the game itself to notice, and probably wouldn't have at all if I wasn't looking for it.

The game runs buttery smooth and controls like a dream. Made it to 1-7 before dying at that huge, purple, alien.. thing. Some great mobile gaming right here. Just play it and enjoy, that's what I say.

3. Zaskar

Zaskar Active Member

May 6, 2010
    Don't just dismiss it like its nothing, Its a great game but its something that really should be addressed. Its like a great PC game that obviously had a ton of time put into the visuals, and then for some strange reason they cap it at 720p. Its still great but what the heck, why would you do that?

4. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Game is smooth and controls amazing for me! Not so sure about the story yet, I find it weird the main character was blonde in the intro and in the game portrait he looks different which was odd. xD

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Some people care about graphics in a game, whats a big deal? I personally dont care a ton as long as they arent horrible, but just as a comparison,

I cant stand watching older movies, like VHS era, but I am fine with DVD's or better.

Some people feel about DVD's the way I do about VHS and will watch blu-ray or nothing.

There are also audiophiles who will spend more on audio equipment for their car, than I would spend on a car itself.

Anyways what I am driving at is people have different tastes, and they should be allowed to.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Question: While watching the video the narrative was very hard to discern when Avalon was being spoken to during fighting. The sounds of the fighting were much louder than the speaking. Does this seem to be the case during actual gameplay or is it just my speakers?

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Omg you guys are killing me with all this graphics stuff :( I havent bought it yet because it all seems weird.

8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I did not buy it either. The graphics are just not made for retina. Is it bad? Well i will not buy it but that is me. Maybe you'll like it. Personally when i have a retina device and pay 10€ i want retina graphics. Some people do not care and i do not blame them. But make no mistake. The graphics are not good or at least they are not exactly what you would expect from such a hyped game. Again it is a matter of personal preference.

9. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Thats a good point about spending big $, no harm in wanting the games to live up to the devices potential.

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Question:

After combing through this thread and reading the store page I have not found out the minimum iOS for this. Can anyone here help me on that?

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    According to iTunes:

Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm on iPhone 6 and I barely notice any issues with graphics. Looks gorgeous. Yeah it could be sharper but it doesn't look like a crappy old game at all. I don't think you should hold out because of it.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well downloading now! I have to see this.

14. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

While I don't feel the lack of retina display is a deal breaker, it looks like the app was put on hold from pre-retina display era and released today. If anyone played a 3d game in the period of transition, you will know how it looks like.

It's ok to be fine with it, "gameplay is he most important thing" etc, but completely ignoring that the app suffer from resolution problems in 2015 is being lenient to say the least. Especially on a 9.99 app which is way more expensive than most apps.

15. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    The Jaggies only appear on iPads, my iPhone 5S looks surprisingly better than Air 2. Oh and for anyone holding out; do it! it's $10 and a very awesome experience

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I was skeptical due to all the hype and have to say that this is pretty awesome. The graphics are gorgeous and the controls are great. The way shooting was incorporated makes it seamless. Would be certain easy for the buttons to get in their own way, but they work perfectly.

On the first boss now who is a beast....literally and figuratively.

Nicely done!

17. sly16bit

sly16bit New Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Sweet sweet game!!

This game looks/sounds/plays awesome on my iPhone 5S!! Totally worth the money if you ask me!:)

18. Shabbis

Shabbis Member

Jul 1, 2009
    If the graphics had retina support, I'd easily spend $9.99, but in its current state it's probably only worth about $4.99.

19. echoman83

echoman83 New Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I love how everyone is bitching about retina graphics like there has never been an app that was later updated for retina before. #chill people.

20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013

Ah. Thanks Mate.
    Now I know I can run it.